Globe Telecom Service

Will finally try using Smart post-paid service with unli calling and probably unlimited 4G LTE service. Sawa na ako sa lousy service ng globe.

Finally got myself a Smart post-paid sim card with unli calling. Didn't avail of the 4G LTE service because according to the Smart customer rep, LTE service has a cap. I'm not sure if it's a 4 gb cap.

I want an LTE service that's unlimited. I will subscribe to the LTE service of Smart once they remove that cap.

So far so good. I have a signal all over the house even if the signal repeater we have installed is turned off. It's easy to make and receive calls. Should have done this years ago instead of enduring the lousy service of Globe.

Just wish the NTC would now mandate that both Globe and Smart subscribers be allowed to make unli calls to subscribers of other networks. Right now Globe subscribers can only make unlimited calls to other globe numbers. They need to pay P7.50 per minute if they call another network such as Smart or Sun.

Same thing goes for Smart.

In the US, telecoms have done away with these silly policies. Subscribers of T-mobile can make unlimited free calls to subscribers of Verizon, land-lines, AT&T, etc. And vice versa. There is no longer any distinction insofar as who your carrier is. You can call any number in the United States free of charge for a fixed monthly fee. The service is usually bundled with 4G LTE. Many carriers do not have a cap meaning unlimited surfing. Even international roaming charges have virutally disappeared according to a friend of mine. She can call her sister while both of them are in the Philippines using their US numbers and are charged 3 cents a minute. While we Filipino subscribers have to pay up to P150 per minute when we use international roaming on our Globe or Smart mobile phones overseas.

The NTC is supposed to be an advocate for consumers. It's supposed to rule in favor of subscribers, bringing costs down. Instead, the NTC seems to be taking the side of the telecoms in exchange for mullah.

In this age of smart phones where one can download apps such as viber or magic jack, it's a wonder why anyone would want to rely on super expensive international roaming rates when getting a free internet connection abroad will make viber or magic jack calls possible. But it seems neither Globe nor Smart have taken note of these new technologies which could affect their bottom line insofar as international roaming charges go. Why shoud I pay P150 per minute using international roaming when I can just call a friend of mine who has magic jack or viber installed on his smart phone in the Philippines? Since I also have viber and magic jack installed on my smart phone, I can call my friend in Manila absolutely free of charge. I can talk for hours and not be charged a cent. Except of course if wi-fi isn't free. Even then, cost of using the internet at the hotel is so much less expensive than Philippine international roaming rates.

Been using LTE service of globe ok naman siya. Paying only 999 per month for 26mbps speeds. As for smart i have a LTE prepaid sim but no signal in my area hehe.

Bro just wanted to find out in which city you're hitting 26mbps. I live in Makati (Ayala country which owns Globe Telecom) and the signal here is almost nil.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

im using Globe, ang bilis

ang bilis kumain ng load

ACTUALly even smart bro do eat up our load

That's because the National Telecommunications Commission, which is supposed to be an advocate for consumers, allows Globe and the other telecoms to do as they please in exchange for bribes. That is my opinion but of course, I cannot back this up with evidence.

But this corruption easily explains the lousy service of telecoms and how we are at their mercy. For instance, my Globe number receives all sorts of spam from different business entities. Some of these companies even have the audacity to call my number. Question: How the hell did they get my number and name unless Globe provided these information to these companies?

And what the hell is the NTC doing about this? Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May revamped postpaid plans (myLifestyle plans) uli ang Globe. From the looks of it, mukhang mas mapapagastos ka dahil sa data. Kung dati eh 999 for 3GB of data per month, sa new plans eh it will cost you 1298 (499+799). Kawawa naman yung mga due for recontracting.

In Hong Kong, a call from a Hong Kong mobile phone to another Hong Kong mobile phone/landline will cost you about P1.30. Over here, a call from a Globe mobile phone to another Globe mobile phone will cost you P6.50 and P7.50 from a Globe mobile phone to a landline.

Globe and Smart are ripping us off.

Average local call service with Globe. Globe wireless internet is s@%t. I can safely say however, that Globe wired internet is another thing entirely - in that it is respectable. If you put aside their daily data capping, the service they actually provide is solid. The speed they give you is consistently 15-20% slower than that of the advertized service, but its reliable and they do offer their line in places where PLDT may not be able to give DSL.