254 replies to this topic

#1 jujitsu_adik

jujitsu_adik

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:44 AM

Guys, sino sa sa inyo ang may home gym/private gym? Do you invite some people over?

#2 JesusFreak!

JesusFreak!

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:35 AM

i used to live in de castro pasig in a boarding house... and sa baba me home gym sila. They have bench presses, lat pull downs, leg press machines... and dumbbells. i used to workout there kasiconvenient... the people who workout there are yung mga anak ng landlady namin na pulis, the neighborhood guys, yun lang... and its cheap, 25 pesos lang session and u can wrkout any time.. yun nga lang dami lamok... hehehe...

#3 advent_child0414

advent_child0414

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

ako bench press lang and a couple of dumbells

#4 spetsnaz

spetsnaz

Naval Special Warfare Development Group

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:scuba diving and airsoft wargames

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

mga sir OT pero i'm looking for a flat bench, baka you guys know somebody who's selling one.

thanks

#5 Anito

Anito

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

same here. bench press and couple of dumbells.

maganda may home gym kung may space ka para sa equipments mo. but money wise. its better to go to a gym, have a walk or jog on your way. may sauna pa o makakapag swimming ka (sa ibang gym)

#6 rodstryker

rodstryker

*hate me?... so what?!*

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:26 AM

what can u say bout this?

#7 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

It may get you somethwere but only a few people can really train themnselves and you need more than just a bench and DBs...

anothr factor missing here is the motivation and encouragement of other guys training with you

#8 crazykalbo

crazykalbo

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

im one of those few people who would prefer working out alone. i hate distraction from other people (people who would use a certain equipment and would really take their time on that particular equipment, chit-chatting with others... that really pisses me off)... i do have a home gym: bench, dumbells, and a barbell i use for bench pressing and squating. the drawback is i dont have a machine i can use for pullups or lat machine pulldowns. i also would often find it that i dont have enough plates to use... so thats it... right now, my friend invited me to try gold's gym for one month. i applied for the 1 month membership at 1,800 (convergys employee promotion) and will try working out on wednesday (alone or with my officemate who invited me).

#9 fried_nietzche

fried_nietzche

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:21 AM

dito sa bahay may threadmill, dumbell set at bench press.

ang kulang na lang ay yung gagamit nito! :cool:

#10 crazykalbo

crazykalbo

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • 832 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

where can i buy cheap home gym equipments? squat rack (mas ok kung may pang chinups sya), bench press, dumbbells and plates?

#11 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

where can i buy cheap home gym equipments? squat rack (mas ok kung may pang chinups sya), bench press, dumbbells and plates?

try contacting ensayo www.ensayofitness.com

they supplied the stuffs at our gym

#12 Flash Sentry

Flash Sentry

Equestria Girls fan

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,149 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Girls, Girls

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

Guys, sino sa sa inyo ang may home gym/private gym? Do you invite some people over?

I have my own gym at home; friends are welcome if they want to, of course. It's not much--adjustable bench, barbell, plates, lat machine (with high and low pulleys), leg extension/curl and dumbbells. I used to have a treadmill and stationary bike, but gave them away since they're taking up space (and I don't use them often, unlike my barbell and bench). I also have some dumbbells in our room--for those times you need a quick fix, hehe!

Edited by Lord Zagato, 29 March 2007 - 10:16 AM.

#13 markusbrutus

markusbrutus

Kazekage

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,398 posts
  • Interests:Literature, Film, Music, Photography, Digital Arts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

A couple of 5lb dumbells would do the trick. not so much on bulk building though but more on cardio and toning. :D

#14 EYEPAK

EYEPAK

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

WHERE CAN I BUY MOTORIZED TREADMILL AND HOW MUCH KAYA? ANY INPUT

#15 crazykalbo

crazykalbo

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

try contacting ensayo www.ensayofitness.com

they supplied the stuffs at our gym

thanks a lot coach! you the best! you the man! :cool:

#16 runningbull

runningbull

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

I have a home gym... I bought my equiptment after I got some good paychecks from partime modelling jobs from college. I've got a heavy duty bench press / inclune bench, a few sets of barbells and dumbells, a lat machine, a leg extension machine, a squat rack and a sit-up board. Only thing missing is a machine for cardio. I convered our den to a gym, and it's even got airconditioning.

I was able to use my home gym for a good 6 months. Yup, just 6 months. Back then, my friends would come over, we'd turn on some good music and work out. Then everyone got busy with their studies or their work and I was usually alone working out. :( I found it hard sticking to my program, having no spotter on heavy days. Thats when I went back to gym clubs.

Now, I call my homegym "vacuum cleaner" because they are collecting dust. I still work out actively, but not at home. It's not the chitchats, socializing, or anyting else I'm after. I workout seriously, and it helps that you have peers (serious work out people too) to encourage you, be workout partners, and give you tips.

Lesson learned? When you have money to invest, invest on membership in a good gym. Nothing to maintain, and you have better fun working out.

#17 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

dumbbells

a mat

and a stepper

I do mostly body weight exercises when I'm at home so that's enough

i'm getting a medicine ball, hopefully kettlebells (when and if I find them) and push up bars soon.

#18 Flash Sentry

Flash Sentry

Equestria Girls fan

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,149 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Girls, Girls

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

Runningbull, do you have any plans of selling your equipment?

#19 jujitsu_adik

jujitsu_adik

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:18 PM

Mga pare, i'm looking for a boarding house with a private gym o kaya something like a gym basta me bench press, squats and a couple of dumbells. Mas convenient kasi sa akin na after magworkout, diretso na sa kwarto to get changed. When i was working in the province yung tinutuluyan na boarding house is owned by a military man. Mayroon siyang bench press and other basic ones. He works out there atsaka yung mga anak niya. Doon it frees me from the hassle of changing into workout clothes, kahit naka shorts ka lang ok na. If you can help me find a gym na same ang setting post lang kayo dito.. tnx

#20 JesusFreak!

JesusFreak!

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

Pre, san m ba gusto tumira? if you are near de castro pasig, there's one sa dati na tinutuluyan ko na boarding house.. it's located sa ilang ilang street, just one block away from the street enetering de castro. Hanapin mo si mrs balog... me tindahan sila sa harap at may billards sa 2nd floor. the boarding house is located sa likod, nung umalis ako, 2500 yung rent including light and water.. pero tiis ka rin sa init at sa mga insekto (daga, ipis at lamok).. yung gym naman, 25 per session ewan ko lang ngayn kung magkano na... maliit lang siya pero me flat at incline press, leg pressdown machine, lat pulldown, pull up bar, mga dumb bells. The place gets crowded pag gabi, at most mga anim na tao mostly students at out of school youth. Since it's kind of a home gym, no instructor and no rules.. so you won't be hassled changing into workout clothes. Yung mga nagbubuhat tinatanggal lang yung damit pantaas nila and work out na. Kaya minsan me mga pawis sa equipment at nag aamoy BO...hehehe... kung ok lang sayo yun, alang problema.

Mga pare, i'm looking for a boarding house with a private gym o kaya something like a gym basta me bench press, squats and a couple of dumbells. Mas convenient kasi sa akin na after magworkout, diretso na sa kwarto to get changed. When i was working in the province yung tinutuluyan na boarding house is owned by a military man. Mayroon siyang bench press and other basic ones. He works out there atsaka yung mga anak niya. Doon it frees me from the hassle of changing into workout clothes, kahit naka shorts ka lang ok na. If you can help me find a gym na same ang setting post lang kayo dito.. tnx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users