Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

abdominal exercises

FREE information on ab exercises, machines and workouts.

There are MANY abdominal exercises... crunches, leg raises, situps, hip thrusts, side bends, weighted situps, crunches with your legs bent, not bent, straight up in the air, 100's of different ab machines, 1000's of ab exercises and workouts on video tapes, 100's of abdominal exercises and machines shown in infomercials, etc. The list goes on and on. BUT, let me ask you a question. Why did you come here to find out information about abdominal exercises? Is it because you want to have a perfect 6 pack? Because you want to get rid of that fat that is on your stomach so you can have washboard abs? Well, are you ready for the truth?.................. (clipped)

No wonder my abs are not that visible kasi I used to do ab routines til I drop but I didn't consider the cardio and diet...... so that's the secret of getting those nice and sexy abs....... Thanks for the advice.... :cool:

No wonder my abs are not that visible kasi I used to do ab routines til I drop but I didn't consider the cardio and diet...... so that's the secret of getting those nice and sexy abs....... Thanks for the advice.... :cool:

oo naman. ang mangyayari nyan, tumitigas lang and nagiging strong, but you don't see it.

try thinking of a porkchop. ganyan ang structure ng abs. kung makapal ang taba sa taas/labas, malayo bago mo makikita yung lean meat. to get that look, dapat bawasan o tanggalin yung tabang bumabalot sa laman.

no rice..basic lang muna..

tapos 100 full crunches then 50 leg raise mondays

then 150 full crunches/ 80 leg raise on wednesdays

tapos balik dun sa monday work out :D

push-up ka din tsaka lunges :D

samahan mo ng basketball, jogging or swimming :D

Edited by sikosci

2 things: Cardio and Diet

You can do a million sit-ups a day, but without proper cardio and dieting, those abdominals will never show. The thing is abdominal exercises works the muscles. Magiging toned ang mga abs mo if you do ab workouts, pero it will be hidden behind all those belly fats if you don't do cardio.

Trust me guys, this is the answer and it seems like not many people know it. You have to burn those calories and fat by doing jogging, bicycles, whatever basta pawisan kayo ng mga 30 - 45 minutes (ako 3x a week). Without cardio, palaging nakatago ang mga ab muscles mo kasi merong wall of fat sa harapan.

And watch your diet too. Cut back kayo sa mga foods with high calories.

this is one helpful thread :)

has anyone tried lipolight? its being offered by the belo medical group, i saw its add in the papers yesterday, looks promising kasi, no invasive procedures and outpatient lang.

Yan ba yung mesotherapy/lipodissolve? :unsure:

Balita ko, sa Asian Hospital daw meron nyan.. P5,000 per session lang (30 injections).. para rin daw nag-abs workout ka.

that's 4 hours in one weekend. siyempre pag weekend, wala kang hinahabol na oras

so maraming rest period in-between that's why it takes me that long in the gym and

i'm actually a morning person so i hit the gym opening time and by lunch, i'm done na

to go malling, meet up with friends, gimik, etc.    :)

ako din, minsan more than 4 hours pa sa gym pag weekends... kasama na pag-shower dun tska kung may treatment ako. ;)

i workout at least 3x a week.. 2 hours/day... that's 1 hour cardio and 1 hour for the weight training.

try nyo rin pala belly dancing.. nakakaliit nga sya talaga ng tyan. :cool:

just got this article from the Internet. related to the topic...

1. REVERSE AB CURL

This exercise is for the lower abdominal area. I’m always amazed at how many people start their abdominal routine with some sort of a crunch movement for the upper abs (even though most of the complaints I receive pertain to the lower portion of the abs).

To perform the exercise, lie on a mat with your back relaxed and your hands on the floor by your hips. Keep the upper back pressed into the floor throughout the exercise.

Contracting your abs, raise your butt and gently roll your hips off the floor, stopping when you feel a full contraction of the abdominals and can no longer lift your hips. Slowly return to the starting position.

Exhale while lifting your hips, and inhale while returning to the starting position. Don’t focus on your legs pulling inward. Instead, place all your focus on the lower abs pushing up. It may be difficult to initially concentrate on the area, but you’ll really feel the area being worked once you practice it enough with the correct mental concentration.

2. DOUBLE CRUNCH

The Double Crunch is a great exercise, because it focuses on both the upper and lower abdominal region when performed correctly.

Lie on a mat face up. Bend your knees until your legs are at a 45-degree angle with both feet on the floor. Your back should be comfortably relaxed on the floor. Place both hands crossed gently over your chest or on the sides of your head with the fingertips touching gently.

Contracting your abdominals, raise your head and legs off the floor toward one another. Crunch hard and tight. I want you to hold the contraction at the top of the movement for one second. Slowly return to the starting position, stopping just short of your shoulders and feet touching the floor. Exhale while rising up and inhale while returning to the starting position. Keep your eyes on the ceiling to avoid pulling with your neck.

3. BICYCLE MANEUVER

Research consistently rates the Bicycle Maneuver as one of the most effective abdominal exercises.

Lie on a mat with your lower back in a comfortable position. Place your fingertips on either side of your head by your ears. Bring your knees up to about a 45-degree angle.

Slowly go through a bicycle pedaling motion -- alternating your left elbow to your right knee, then your right elbow to your left knee.

This can be a more advanced exercise. Do not perform this activity if it puts any strain on your lower back. Do not pull on your head and neck during this exercise. The lower to the ground your legs bicycle, the harder your abs have to work.

4. ABDOMINAL VACUUM

The Transverus Abdominis muscle is the real deal. It’s the muscle that holds your gut tight and flat. It’s a thin sheet of muscle running along the sides of the abs that joins connective tissue behind them. Think of it as your body’s natural corset! When you suck your stomach in, you have just used your Transversus. This is the only muscle that can help pull the stomach inward.

In order to do the abdominal vacuum, get on all fours and position the palms of your hands under your shoulders -- and the knees directly under your hips. Keep your back flat and maintain this position throughout the exercise.

Start by exhaling absolutely every bit of air from your lungs. Then, relax your abdomen and let it hang like a loose sling (but don't increase the arch in your lower back). Next, pull the navel towards the spine as if I just told you to suck in your stomach. If your rib cage moves, you are not isolating the Transversus.

Continue to breathe lightly through your nostrils, but make sure you're pulling your abs in as if you are attempting to make your abs and back meet or touch. You must hold the contraction very tight for at least 40 seconds. If you can’t hold the contraction for 40 seconds, just practice and your time will eventually improve.

Before performing the Abdominal Vacuum, all my clients always say to me "that’s the whole exercise?" Then, after correctly performing it, they say, "Oh yeah, that’s a good one."

FREQUENCY:

If you're a beginner, perform each movement slowly and at your own pace. Try for 15-20 repetitions on each exercise (except for the Abdominal Vacuum), and take your time moving from one exercise to the next. Perform only one cycle.

A cycle is defined as performing all four exercises in order. Attempt the routine three days per week on alternate days of the week. Don't worry if you can’t get the recommended rep range. Do as many as possible with good form and try to increase from week to week.

For those with more experience, perform three cycles with one minute rest between each cycle. The key is to keep the intensity level high and keep a constant contraction on the abs. As you progress, you’ll be amazed at how many reps you can perform and how hard and tight your abs get. Perform the routine three days per week on alternate days of the week.

Remember, work at your own personal fitness level and focus on perfect form to avoid injury (and in order to isolate the muscle).

I guess determination and discipline lang....... kasi I've never been to the gym and I'm not that active with sports although I was able to trim a significant amount from my waist..... diet, cardio and ab workouts lang, at home...... diet to avoid excess fat deposits, cardio to burn out fat and abs exercises to build abdominal muscle groups ...... I'm starting to see the results after 2 weeks and I'm still on the program.... un lang pow..... cardio, diet and ab workout.... I do crunches, leg raise and side bending (di ko kasi alam tawag dun, ung may hawak kang dumbell sa other hand tpos nasa head ung other hand tpos nag sway ka... basta un).... tpos cardio pagkatapos..... cardio and siet to reduce body fat.. ab workout to build those abs.... :cool: hope this helps.....

doing abdominal exercises only increases abdominal muscle strength and is not a gurantee waistline buster. I suggest proper diet plus aerobic exercises daily to decrease those love handles. Trying riding a back or 5k runs around the subdivision or even the exercise bike.

for sports, play soccer. If I may add, mahirap makakita ng pro soccer player na malaki ang tyan

nabasa ko sa isang magazine, exercise routine ni cesar montano... do ab crunches while having your body reverse suspended in mid air. he uses clasps that secure his feet in a pull-up bar. he does a hundred or so repetitions a day. kaya cguro nakuha nia c sunshine...

Try the Frog Leg Crunch.

What you do is start lying down on the floor in your normal sit up position (with both legs bent together). Now, keeping both your feet together, spread your legs open like a frog (that's where the name comes from). Perform sit-ups while keeping the legs apart. This will target the lower part of your abdominals.

Yan ba yung mesotherapy/lipodissolve?  :unsure:

Balita ko, sa Asian Hospital daw meron nyan.. P5,000 per session lang (30 injections).. para rin daw nag-abs workout ka.

i dont think mesotherapy/lipodessolve is the same as a lipolight treatment,although i dont have any in depth knowledge of the three procedure, from what is stated in their ads, lipolight does not require injections or any incisions ... it dissolves fat tissues daw with radio frequencies.. my friend is planning to get the procedure done, ill give you an update if he pushes through with it.