Video Editing Software

Among the Consumer Software available in the Market, Which one is the best?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Among the Consumer Software available in the Market, Which one is the best?

• Pinnacle Studio
    • Adobe Premiere
    • Ulead Video Studio
    • Windows Movie Maker
    • Others

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Question lang guys, what PC configuration works with Video editing? of course, you can say the latest cutting edge in technology, but how about it for the average joe like me who has only enough money to spend on tech things?

Thanks for the help

3 essential things:

1. capture card with Firewire port. around P8500 yung Pinnacle DV sa PCExpress

2. Lots of RAM, at least 1 GB (Although you can get by with 512)

3. HD space, get at least 2 80 GB HDs, one for the system, one exclusively for the captures. Speed is a non-factor nowadays as even 5400 RPM drives are good enough for capturing DV.

If you plan to edit High Definition Video, you'll need 2 GB RAM and about 2 120GB HDs.

here's a slightly biased (but with basis!) choice: Ulead Video Studio :)

I worked for 2 years as TechSupport for Ulead and had the chance to work on VideoStudio. It's pretty straight up and you can do overlays, choose your codecs, output format etc plus the wizard-type userinterface is really easy to use. Works with most hardware too. I like the bundled DVD authoring tools :)

If you are familiar with video editing, Adobe Premier for me is best for non-linear editing. Ulead actually have something similar to Premier, the MediaStudio Pro but Premier is more stable.

For Sound recording, my video camera has only internal mic, no input for external mic. Any tips on how to get great sound? without having to buy a new camera with mic input?

Well... if you're really that stingy :lol:

The only alternative that I could think of... would be for you to dub your movie (like what professionals do) and pile them up into one whole movie...

Video editing eats up a lot of these 3 things...

Processor

Memory

Hard disk

Its up to you on how to manage them... to be on the safe side... I would advise you to turn off all the background applications that you dont need... one more thing... if you know how to edit your swapfile... its an additional boost for your processing...

• 2 weeks later...

ako din may tanong...ano b tlga ang differences ng mga video compression at sa mga pal, ntsc and theres one more..i forgot...nwei dko alam ang dapat gamitin or use ng bawat isa...

and second...i exported an avi movie sa flash..parang slideshow of pictures..but when i put it sa premiere at rinender ko...pumangit ung mga pictures....dunno why...ano dapat gawin para same quality ung kalalabasan ng pictures...

• 1 month later...

Pinaccle din ang gamit ko pang capture...

then gamit ng third party software gaya ng MGI VIDEO Wave for VCD yun ha. pag DVD naman maraming software ang nagkalat. recently i learned DVD Lab Pro, pero pinaka unang alam ko gamitin POWER Producer ng Cyberlink...

along the way marami pang software ang ginagamit ko from VCD files, to fuse two MPG i use VCD Cutter, meron din WinAVI to convert MPG1 to MPG2...

• 3 weeks later...