Samsung Mobile

• 2 weeks later...
anyone using the dual sim? reviews?

i've been using my d880 for atleast 5 months now and i've never encountered problems with it. its easy to use and pretty sleek. i love the rubberized/leather back plate. as for features, well it can go toe to toe with some of the more modern phones. my only complain is its not 3g. hehehe.

• 5 weeks later...

for d880 users. this code might be helpful...

already found the D880 codes I was looking for. It's *#0206*8378#. With the code you gain access the hidden menu normally accessed by technicians.

By the way, I've been using the fone for couple of weeks now. Contrary to some reviews, you don't have to reset the phone to change SIM when you text and call. All you've got to do is press the 'switch SIM' button on the left side of the phone after defining the number you want to call or to send text message to.

The only time you need to reset the phone is when you change your primary SIM. And you do that by pressing the 'switch SIM' button while on stand by.

I just bought a new Samsung Soul U900 in Korea airport duty free for a price of 655 USD which is equivalent to about 31K PHP, and later on I tried to compare the price of same Samsung model in Megamall.

I was reallsy shocked and surprised kasi ung price sa Mega Mall is only ranging from 22K to 24K!!!

any idea kung bakit ganun kalaki ang diperensya ng price, considering that I bought mine inside Duty Free which is supposed to be about 10 to 15% cheaper than those sold outside???

My only guess is probably because the one in Megamall are Chinese made and the one I bought I supposed is a genuine Korean made one.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Mga bros, ok ba yung double SIM phones ng Samsung? I'm planning to get one kasi.

I have the Samsung D780 (slider dual phone version) and amd planning to get the D980 (touch screen version). If you use the phone for texting and calling only, then this is definitely a good phone. At first you will need some getting used to. Since phone books can be merged, there is a tendency to sometimes use the wrong sim to send to a person. Example, at first I used to make a lot of mistake sending messages to a SUN contact using my Globe SIM. And vice versa. But now that I am used to it, i seldom make that mistake anymore.

It doesn't have 3G, so if you are heavy user of internet the fastest you can go is GPRS/EDGE.

Oh, a very big downside is it has a maximum of 200 messages only!!!! which, even if you add a memory card still is limited to 200 messages. Memory card is used for pictures, videos, music only.

Anybody knows if the D980 (touch screen model) still has this 200 message limit?

Mga bros, ok ba yung double SIM phones ng Samsung? I'm planning to get one kasi.

Samsung Dual Sim are good so far. I had D780, and it's good in every way... madali lang akong mag sawa sa phone kaya dinespose ko, i tried another dual phone, but not that happy, I wish I just kept my D780 :D . Though isa lang ang message tone, not unlike china dual phones na may two diff. message tone, so madidistinguish mo kung sa sim 1 or sim 2 ang message. But aside from that, very adviseable and D780, at may security lock pa ang applications, good for those who got some 'secrets' to hide :)

Good sound, good cam, good buy all in all, plus matagal ang battery :)

Edited by sikret_prend
I was wondering if the samsung star is ok. Touch screen for 9k. Pero wlang wifi :(

WIth the numerous free wifi hotspots nowadays its always a good thing to have at least one wifi capable fone.

Had a samsung d880 which I sold a couple of weeks back. Before it starts to have flex problems :angry:

Edited by sk3rmo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question regarding samsung phones, particularly the U800, coz I'm trying to decide if I'll still buy a nokia or samsung:

- If u have assigned an mp3 song as ur text tone (when u receive a txt message) does it play the entire song? Sa nokia kasi, it runs the entire song until u answer it (or until it actually finishes). Sa sony erricson naman it doesn't play the entire song, kung baga sandali lang talaga.

It's much advantageous kasi for me kung matagal ung ringtone, just in case I was away from the phone.

Hope someone can shed a little light on this one. . .

I was wondering if the samsung star is ok. Touch screen for 9k. Pero wlang wifi :(

I am using samsung star, very satisfied naman ako kasi di naman ako maarte sa phone eh.. walang wifi, walang 3g.. pero di ko naman ginagamit un eh.. angas tingnan and very cozy.. pag tingin nga ng mga tropa ko, di makapaniwala na mura ko lang nabili eh, hehe.. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

I know there is a samsung star upgrade, nakalimutan ko ung model, pero parehas sila ng feature pero may wifi at 3g, alam ko mga 2k-2.5k lang difference.. :upside: