The I Quit Drinking Club

• 1 month later...

I hope to join this club. Here's the thing, same with the other members, after a bad hangover or vomiting bout upon going home or the morning after i would always tell myself na titigil na ako or at least limit it to once every week but somehow i always end up drinking. I drink 3 to 4 times a week, there was even a time na umiinom ako every night for one week straight and it scares the s@%t out of me of course coz i know its effect....

Edited by Agent_mulder
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was late trying out to drink.

My very first taste of a beer was back when I was a kid. My father asked me to buy him one in a sari-sari store near our place. He instructed me to have the bottle opened after buying. And so that's what I did and asked. While I was walking back to our house, I kinda got curious and I tasted it with just s tiny sip. I didn't like it and told myself that it's not gonna be the liquor that would take part in my list.

The next alcohol shot was back in second year college. It was a dare to straightly take a shot of a tall glass of Gilbey's Gin. Got no effect on me that time. I didn't feel warm nor tipsy even.

Next when I was working already. Saturday nights. I really thought it was something to put or set in my lifestyle, being young and all. Gimiks and stuff. First I was hitting it off with a glass of 50% Coke & 50% Beer. Then 75% Beer & 25% Coke. Until it became purely 100% Beer, but I'd go for the San Mig Light only. Until Super Dry was introduced.

It's not something that I really was looking for, the taste or the feeling. So one day I straightened it out and decided not to include it in my lifestyle. Been off of it for 2 years now or more.

Discipline. Even if you're the only one taking in a fruit juice or an iced tea. I won't mind. From time to time, maybe cocktails will do. But if I can go for none alcohol, then why not? Maybe one way to get over it is to find a replacement beverage that you'll enjoy. Watermelon juice became a hit for me.

• 2 weeks later...