Why do we work?!

this topic keeps on bugging me. anyways my bes and i always talk about this i mean everytime. we came to a point that we just work to have money for gimmick and para pasayahin srili nmin. we never give money to our parewnts since they nvr asked us to give any, pro i usually pay for bills out of gratitude to my folks...pro im not happy with my present job...somethings missing...leche kc nol yan...scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam ....

how bout u guys..

You can also look at it this way:

Work = Fun

I've been fortunate to find jobs that I really enjoy and it feels just like I'm in a big playground. It's stress free and for me the job isn't work, it's fun.

Now the downside to this is that if you do find a job that's enjoyable, it usually doesn't pay as much as other jobs.

It's up to you to find a balance between the two.

my view is

We Work in order to Live....... ;)

no the other way around..

We Lived in order to Work... :(

A New Way of Looking at Work

Just in case you ever got the two mixed up. This should make things a bit clearer.

IN PRISON...you spend the majority of your time in an 8x10 cell.

AT WORK... you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

IN PRISON...you get three meals a day.

AT WORK...you only get a break for one meal and you pay for it.

IN PRISON...you get time off for good behavior.

AT WORK...you get more work for good behavior.

IN PRISON...the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you.

AT WORK...you must carry around a security card and open all the doors for yourself.

IN PRISON...you can watch TV and play games.

AT WORK...you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

IN PRISON...you get your own toilet.

AT WORK...you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.

IN PRISON...they allow your family and friends to visit.

AT WORK...you can't even speak to your family.

IN PRISON...all expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required.

AT WORK...you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

IN PRISON...you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out.

AT WORK...you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars.

IN PRISON...you must deal with sadistic wardens.

AT WORK...they are called managers.

IN PRISON...All medical free

At WORK.... You pay deductible or whole thing if no insurance.

IN PRISON...Go to front of line for heart transplant.

AT WORK....Die so the convicted killer can remain alive in prison for life.

***** So why is it again that we work? *****

.... posted this on one of the threads, but i think this is appropriate here ..

Edited by Maria37c

if ever i have a chance to have another job..id be a guidance counsellor at my alma mater or continue my scuba lessons sa place nmin sa quezon or manage a resort.....hay....kso i have to survive my present work...ok lng sana sa ken...kso lately its been pissing meeh off a lot...

just want to contribute this one:

when were young, we have the TIME, we have the ENERGY, but we don't have the MONEY....

when were middle-aged, we don't have the TIME, we have the ENERGY, and we have the MONEY...

when were old and retired, we have the TIME, we don't have the ENERGY, and we have the MONEY...

so whats the use of working our butts out if we can't taste the fruits of our labor..... :lol:

Whatever reason you make for work, it will still pay for services rendered.

Just a word of advice, whatever you earn, pay yourself first. Save some amount for a rainy day. Remember, estate taxes can run as high as 20% of the value of the estate. Without that 20%, an estate might have to sell some of the properties.

:(

why do i work... simple lang... it's man's natural tendency as he reaches maturity...

i work to sustain my needs as well as that of my loved ones...

i work because i need to keep my mind working...

i work because i am responsible enough to take control of my life...

i work to gain experience and be able to learn things that i wouldn't learn by just watching tv or going to malls...

i work to have a better future built on my own efforts not through my parent's...

i work to become not to acquire...

as for the "acquire" thing... it always follows so no need to worry about this...

Edited by Paquito

I have a job but I can't consider it as a "work". I play music and by that I earn money. Just like pro basketball players, they simply play basketball and in return, they get paid. It started out as a hobby and it just turned-out as a source of income for me. Di ko intensyong gawing hanapbuhay pero gusto ko lang syang gawin. Ang nagyari pa mas ok kinikita ko kesa sa mga talagang nagtatrabaho... ;)

I guess we work to earn money.. A part of it goes to the government if form of taxes.. Taxes we dont fully benefit from.. hay...

and the remaining, to enjoy lifes pleasure.. to save for the future.. to have what we want..

Basically nothing tangible is free, u need money to have it.. unless its given to you for free.. heheheh... :boo:

i was fortunate enough to work for about 4 months. while i was still in med school, ive always had this itch that needed to be scratched. i wanted to experience the "corporate" world. i was lucky enough to have worked in two call centers in eastwood. nakakatuwa. my entire experience was well worth it. the people i worked with were great. i had enough money to splurge. BUT i soon realized that working would also mean saving up. that i guess, is the ultimate reason why i worked. i wanted to save up. but guess what? all i have is the hundred peso bill i saved from my first ever pay check from my first ever job in globalstride. :)

now im going back to med school. hopefully with just a little more perseverace and a better outlook on "loving one's job", i'd do more than what i was able to accomplish in those 4 months that i was an agent. :)

i was fortunate enough to work for about 4 months. while i was still in med school, ive always had this itch that needed to be scratched. i wanted to experience the "corporate" world. i was lucky enough to have worked in two call centers in eastwood. nakakatuwa. my entire experience was well worth it. the people i worked with were great. i had enough money to splurge. BUT i soon realized that working would also mean saving up. that i guess, is the ultimate reason why i worked. i wanted to save up. but guess what? all i have is the hundred peso bill i saved from my first ever pay check from my first ever job in globalstride. :)

now im going back to med school. hopefully with just a little more perseverace and a better outlook on "loving one's job", i'd do more than what i was able to accomplish in those 4 months that i was an agent. :)

gud luck on ur endeavors..ull have my moral support anytime u want