809 replies to this topic

#801 Happy_meal1111

Happy_meal1111

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

I think as long as the insomnia is caused by something bothering you then no choice but meds. But if it's just boredom my remedy is music or the TV, after an hour of watching TV i suddenly feel sleepy.

#802 shamito098

shamito098

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

for me, just eye mask nkakatulong sya para mkatulog ng mas mabilis.

#803 glyr

glyr

Myst

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6851 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

books

#804 dungeonbaby

dungeonbaby

miss creant

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1633 posts
  • Interests:just deserts and cake

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:13 PM

I've terrible insomnia. If I'm troubled or even slightly bothered by something, I'm up. I've tried so many remedies, from the usual tea-drinking and using a weighted blanket to wrestling a shark/bear/whatever to get tired. It's ridiculous. Last year I started listening to long-winded lectures in bed and that worked for a few weeks. Then I spent three pretty sleepless months before I came upon binaural beats on youtube. Worked for a while, I even started dreaming again. Now I'm back to square one. 

#805 will robie

will robie

Seducer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2641 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

I've terrible insomnia. If I'm troubled or even slightly bothered by something, I'm up. I've tried so many remedies, from the usual tea-drinking and using a weighted blanket to wrestling a shark/bear/whatever to get tired. It's ridiculous. Last year I started listening to long-winded lectures in bed and that worked for a few weeks. Then I spent three pretty sleepless months before I came upon binaural beats on youtube. Worked for a while, I even started dreaming again. Now I'm back to square one. 

db, watching tv works for me. I fall asleep with only thirty minutes of tv at bedtime. I can empathize with you regarding not being able to sleep because of something that worries you but I long ago accepted that I can't change what bothers me if I have no control over it. Just leave it be and let the chips fall where they may. 

• dungeonbaby likes this

#806 dungeonbaby

dungeonbaby

miss creant

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1633 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

db, watching tv works for me. I fall asleep with only thirty minutes of tv at bedtime. I can empathize with you regarding not being able to sleep because of something that worries you but I long ago accepted that I can't change what bothers me if I have no control over it. Just leave it be and let the chips fall where they may. 

Really, what do you watch? I've binge-watched shows up to 3am. News shows are too bright; horror flicks are dark enough but then the screaming wakes you up. Maybe I need to pick awful dramas. 

#807 will robie

will robie

Seducer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 2641 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

Really, what do you watch? I've binge-watched shows up to 3am. News shows are too bright; horror flicks are dark enough but then the screaming wakes you up. Maybe I need to pick awful dramas. 

Depends what tickles my fancy but when it's a Netflix series, I can't sleep because parang bitin when you sleep while watching a series. Try watching the Travel Channel. Some shows there are interesting but sometimes creepy. 

Edited by will robie, 12 June 2019 - 11:21 AM.

#808 dungeonbaby

dungeonbaby

miss creant

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1633 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

Depends what tickles my fancy but when it's a Netflix series, I can't sleep because parang bitin when you sleep while watching a series. Try watching the Travel Channel. Some shows there are interesting but sometimes creepy. 

Haha, okay. Thanks for the tips, especially about leaving things be

#809 will robie

will robie

Seducer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 2641 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

Haha, okay. Thanks for the tips, especially about leaving things be

You are always welcome, db. I have learned that being a worry wart is not good for one's health since you can't sleep and you need sleep to be healthy. I think what you want is that there will be no glitches in what you are gonna undertake the next day or in the future, hence, the worrying. Tama ba? 

Edited by will robie, 12 June 2019 - 11:46 AM.

• dungeonbaby likes this

#810 dungeonbaby

dungeonbaby

miss creant

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1633 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

That and going over things you wish you'd done differently. The latter exercise truly futile. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users