Free Medical Advice

papable

I have this feeling of food being stuck in the middle of my chest up to the lower part of my throat after taking a meal. Could this be a gastro problem?

If it happens all the time, then yes, it could be a sign. Do you have this sensation with liquids or just with solids... Any food in particular?

A modified barium swallow and esophageal manometry may help. Of course, your MD would be in a much better position to help.

• 5 weeks later...

amoral89.... yes, even virgins or teeners may suffer from this, only since they wouldn't have reason to visit their OB regularly....or they wouldn't really want to get pregnant.... hindi sya nade-detect :)

unless nga highly irregular yung period ha :) or may ibang nararamdaman yung girl...

anyway, briefly Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/pcos.asp

supposedly, PCOs isn't hereditary... but diabetes is, so if you have diabetes or a family history of diabetes and thyroid problems, and you're menstrual cycles are painful, irregular or non-existent... or if you're not getting pregnant (at least a year after getting married), it would be wise to have yourself checked for PCOs :)

good diet IS necessary

exercise IS also equally important... esply since hormonal imbalance can occur when we gain weight... and people who are overweight would have systems talaga that are awry...

a healthy lifestyle is also important... because stress and lack of sleep, as well as smoking and drinking can also cause hormonal imbalance

and then of course, you have to find a doctor you can click with, who is vigilant and informed...

usually the first things you'd have to undergo are blood tests (check for thyroid hormone abnormalities, cholesterol levels, sugar levels, prlactin and testosterone levels, sometimes even infections and what-nots) and pelvic/vaginal ultrasound

PCOs isn't exactly an infertility problem.... though it may result in infertility (because it's basically affecting the normal functioning of the ovaries)... it's just that, if you have it and it's left untreated, it may result in other more serious illnesses

first menstruation ko umabot ng 14 days nanlalata ako at absent me nakahiga lang ako. umpisa 12 to 16 ganyan din ako. mga 2 to 3 months di dinatnan ng mens tapos ang ginagawa ko uminom lang ako ng beer pag medyo anemic ako at later on yong nanay ko told me yong achebar daw maganda kasi tinatanggal ang ang pasmo at buo buo na dugo . so ginawa ko then later on naging regular menstruation ko til now.

just curious about this problem. Does it occur mostly to women who already had sex? Meron bang girl na nagkakaroon ng ganito pero wala pa syang experience sa sex? Nag-o-occur ba ang hormonal imbalance after your first time sa sex?
  • 3 weeks later...
SMOOTH T

How about acid reflex, what is the best way to treat this condition?

Two methods are generally employed in treating Acid Reflux disease. One way is reduce the acid produced in the stomach via, Antacids, H2 Blockers, and Proton Pump Inhibitors. (These are all different classes of drugs) The other method is exactly as master Lomex has proposed, make the gastrointestinal system move faster, para di matagal naiipon ung food and acid sa stomach. If they have exited the stomach, wala nang magrereflux.

For really bad cases of GERD (Gastroesophagheal reflux disease) both methods are employed. Of course, this approach is done after completely diagnosing the condition. Minsan kasi, may surgical problem like a Hiatal hernia that can cause the GERD, in which case, surgical correction will also correct the reflux.

MasterB acid reflux, may also be caused by immotility ... try motillum

Further studies also account to H. Pylori (Helicobacter pylori) bacteria that can survive in the human stomach

Thanx Master L... uy, pwede ring Ma-L. :lol:

Edited by Smooth T

We offer a breakthrough outpatient medical procedure that can help delay aging and produce regenerative effects to help decrease progression of certain diseases like diabetes and arthritis. Procedures are done at a major hospital in Metro Manila with one of the best plastic surgeons in the country. Testimonials from our exclusive clientele so far have been positive.

PM your contact details so we can set up a screening appointment. No questions will be answered through PM. Thank you.

We offer a breakthrough outpatient medical procedure that can help delay aging and produce regenerative effects to help decrease progression of certain diseases like diabetes and arthritis. Procedures are done at a major hospital in Metro Manila with one of the best plastic surgeons in the country. Testimonials from our exclusive clientele so far have been positive.

PM your contact details so we can set up a screening appointment. No questions will be answered through PM. Thank you.

Good day, sir. You're spiel seems very enticing.

However, it begs the question, What exactly are you offering? What is it called. What do you do? It is surgical, in that you need the facilities of a hospital and the services of a Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon?

More information would be appreciated and IMHO, would probably be better for your efforts of recruiting possible patients.

Edited by Smooth T

Nababahala ako sa isang advice dito sa thread na ito. If you find out your medicine isn't working for you,you should inform your doctor and ask for something else. PCOS can also be treated by an endocrinologist, aside from your ob-gyne. Are you taking metformin or spironolactone or just oral contraceptives?

Two methods are generally employed in treating Acid Reflux disease. One way is reduce the acid produced in the stomach via, Antacids, H2 Blockers, and Proton Pump Inhibitors. (These are all different classes of drugs) The other method is exactly as master Lomex has proposed, make the gastrointestinal system move faster, para di matagal naiipon ung food and acid sa stomach. If they have exited the stomach, wala nang magrereflux.

For really bad cases of GERD (Gastroesophagheal reflux disease) both methods are employed. Of course, this approach is done after completely diagnosing the condition. Minsan kasi, may surgical problem like a Hiatal hernia that can cause the GERD, in which case, surgical correction will also correct the reflux.

Thanx Master L... uy, pwede ring Ma-L. :lol:

Smooth,

Every early in the morning i experience gas from my stomach and have to release it by burping several times. Can you help me relieve the pain :grr:

I have possible endometriosis and it's a really scary thing. It affects fertility greatly. In fact 30-40% of patients with endometriosis are infertile (http://www.ivf.com/endomp.html). This is two to three times the rate of infertility in the general population.

So how would you know if you have endometriosis? Well I had the symptom of dysmennorhea every time I get my period. First off answer these and if you said yes to any of them that means you have POSSIBLE endometriosis (i got this from a site):

YES NO

_____ _____ Do you experience so much pain during or around your period that you find yourself unable to work, attend school or social functions, or go about your normal routine?

_____ _____ Do you have any relatives that have been diagnosed with Endometriosis?

_____ _____ Do you find yourself with painful abdominal bloating, swelling or tenderness at any time in your cycle?

_____ _____ Do you have a history of painful ovarian endometriomas ("chocolate cysts")?

_____ _____ Do you have a history of miscarriage, infertility or ectopic pregnancy?

_____ _____ Do you experience gastrointestinal symptoms during your cycle, such as nausea or vomiting and/or painful abdominal cramping accompanied by diarrhea and/or constipation?

_____ _____ Do you have a history of fatigue and/or a lowered immunity (i.e., "sick and tired" all the time)?

_____ _____ Do you have a history of allergies, which tend to worsen around your periods?

_____ _____ If you are sexually active, do you experience pain during sexual activity?

_____ _____ Do you suffer from any other autoimmune diseases (i.e., thyroid disease, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, or multiple sclerosis)?

_____ _____ Have you ever undergone pelvic surgery like a laparoscopy, in which Endometriosis was suspected but not definitively diagnosed?

If you answered yes to any of those, talk to your OB GYNAE and act on it asap. The only way to determine 100% if you have endometriosis is by having a laparoscopy. I'm about to have that in 6 days. Act on it asap... it gets worse. And when you're too late, you might never have children.. which is what scares me the most!

Autologous Stem Cell Therapy (ASCT) is a new technology wherein stem cells from adipose tissue (FAT) is extracted from liposuctioned abdominal fat, centrifuged, washed, and infused into a growth factor mixture. The growth factors activate and stimulate replication of the stem cells. These are then infused into the patient via intravenous line.

It requires a very short minor surgical procedure (< 2 hours from anesthesia to closing) and the whole procedure is done within 4 hours. After a short rest in a recovery room, the patient can go home. The liposuction is done by a board-certified plastic surgeon, one of the best in the country.

The main benefits that have been experienced by our patients include increased energy levels (including sexual drive), improved memory and mental concentration and improved skin and hair texture. For those who underwent full cosmetic procedures with the ASCT, they noted faster healing and less downtime after their procedures.

Although we do not claim ASCT to be curative of anything, some of our patients have undergone this procedure for a variety of medical conditions. For diabetes, our patients have noticed improved glucose level control. Some patients have noted relief of minor aches and pains, allergies, and minor resting tremors. We are currently evaluating the benefits from patients who have osteoarthritis, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

For further inquiries, you may PM me your contact details so that we can setup a proper appointment.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

PCOS is hormonal imbalance, saka napansin ko dito... yung mga babaeng nagkakaroon nito ay meron mga multiple partners. tingin ko lang ha.. kaya nagkakaroon sila ng ganito. pinaka prevention nito is start taking birth control pills para ma normalize yung hormonal imbalances. if you want to get preggy... need to start taking bc pills then consult the doctor what's the next step kasi ang alam ko papasilip mo pa kung nag ovulate ka para mabuntis ka... kaya nag kakaroon ng polycystic kasi mga eggcell na hindi lumabas.

Drop the medicines.

You found out they don't work... so they don't work.

Your body is toxic from the foods you eat and the toxins already inside you.

Go get yourself a colonics hydrotherapy treatment.

Go get yourself a liver flush.

There are cleansing protocols in www.curezone.com

For food, all organic food only.

If you are really interested in getting well, get kevin trudeau's book at www.naturalcures.com

(the human body heals itself given proper rest, nutrition and removal of toxins / pollution)

boss ... where do get the book, powerbooks or national bookstore ... or if you have a scanned copy can you share it to us :) thanks a million ... BabyMaker :cool:

A lot of older folks or even men in their early 40s are suffering from this silent illness known as Prostatitis. This can be chronic or acute wherein men feel a sharp pain in their navel, painful urination or caused by Chlamydia infection (STD) during their lifetime.

You can visit the website at www.prostatis.org.

http://www.prostatitis.org/images/Enigma.gif

Edited by D. Sanchez
Better have a gastroenterologist look at that. I recommend Dr. Peter Sy sa PGH, Metro and Cardinal. Pag na clear yan at walang problema sa ulcer you can try Chinese medicine - not the over the counter kind, but a real doctor.

do you know a real Chinese doctor... the one who does accupuncture ??? pm me for phone number

Smooth,

Every early in the morning i experience gas from my stomach and have to release it by burping several times. Can you help me relieve the pain :grr:

HEY, IVE BEEN A GERD PATIENT FOR MORE THAN A YEAR.

ngbuburp din ako madalas nun. i tot its just a simple kabag. but it worsen as days pass by. mula pggising ko, hanggang matulog. actually mas mahirap nga pg patulog k n eh, dun k n mgstart mgreflux. d k tlga ttgilan hanggang mkatulog k n lng. it wasnt easy for me to deal with it. i wasnt able to manage my diet and the lyke.

eh, hnidi p nmn ako ung tipo ng tao n mgpapadoctor pg my skit. hehe. then i finally decided to see the doctor after a year n nun. then he said i have GERD. he advised me to take NEXIUM by Astra Seneca (pretty expensive but I can assure u dat its worth it), MAALOX, and PLASIL for the reflux. he said i have to take it for 1 week. and u have to strictly follow d prescription. but in my case (severe), it took me not just a week, kc it came back after sum tym. but im ok now. try taking the prescription or just see the doctor.

ei, ive gone to the OB last monday and the Ob gyne wasnt able to pap smear me coz i had spotting(and until now). then she advised me to take the transvaginal ultrasound. the resluts was, i have a bilateral polycystic ovaries, retroverted uterus and i even have multiple follicles. ive read some of the articles online. i havent seen my OB yet. she advised me to go back there on monday.

nababahala 'ko xempre. but can anyone tell me if this is curable. if yes, how many medications will i go through and how far wud it be? will it take me to as far as operation and the like?

hope not.