Build A Model Body!

• 3 weeks later...

Motivation and Dedication

Throughout this web site, I have explained many things. Exercises, weightlifting and bodybuilding, workout routines and splits, weight loss and weight gain, diets and nutrition, and so on. But the one thing I can't do for you is make you do it, and keep doing it. This is the only section of the site where I can't help you. There's no tips or secrets or anything. YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF! I am currently so into this stuff right now that I can't see a time where I will ever stop. Why? I'll tell you why.... Because I like looking and feeling good and knowing that each time I step into the gym, I will come out both physically and mentally better then when I first walked in. That right there is my motivation. Having friends and family I haven't seen in a while say to me "Holy s**t, you got big man!" is my motivation. Knowing I can bench more then everyone I know is my motivation. Watching other people become totally out of breath after playing basketball while I'm breathing fine is my motivation. Knowing that you are reading this and that you will try to look better than me is my motivation. I can go on and on with reasons. But that won't matter unless you can motivate you. Find your own reasons and every time you think for a second, even for a second, about quitting, remind yourself of those reasons. There's an inside joke that me and a few friends of mine at the gym have. A group of people we like to call "the New Years Crew." The New Years Crew has new members every year. There's a New Years Crew in every gym. So, who are the New Years Crew? Well, every New Years, what do you do? Besides getting drunk and counting from 10 - 1? You make a New Years resolution. I haven't taken any polls lately, but I'm sure most of those resolutions is to get in shape. Whether it's to lose weight, gain weight, add muscle, whatever, that's probably what most people say. And most of these people form the elite group know as "the New Years Crew." The New Years Crew will join your gym, workout for a few weeks, and you will never see them again. And every New Years, you will see another New Years Crew, and in a few weeks, they will be gone. Why? Because there is a lack of motivation and dedication. And no, there is no motivation supplement or dedication powder. So whether you end up working out from now until forever, or you become a member of the New Years Crew... that's all up to you.

Motivation and Dedication

Throughout this web site, I have explained many things. Exercises, weightlifting and bodybuilding, workout routines and splits, weight loss and weight gain, diets and nutrition, and so on. But the one thing I can't do for you is make you do it, and keep doing it. This is the only section of the site where I can't help you. There's no tips or secrets or anything. YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF! I am currently so into this stuff right now that I can't see a time where I will ever stop. Why? I'll tell you why.... Because I like looking and feeling good and knowing that each time I step into the gym, I will come out both physically and mentally better then when I first walked in. That right there is my motivation. Having friends and family I haven't seen in a while say to me "Holy s**t, you got big man!" is my motivation. Knowing I can bench more then everyone I know is my motivation. Watching other people become totally out of breath after playing basketball while I'm breathing fine is my motivation. Knowing that you are reading this and that you will try to look better than me is my motivation. I can go on and on with reasons. But that won't matter unless you can motivate you. Find your own reasons and every time you think for a second, even for a second, about quitting, remind yourself of those reasons. There's an inside joke that me and a few friends of mine at the gym have. A group of people we like to call "the New Years Crew." The New Years Crew has new members every year. There's a New Years Crew in every gym. So, who are the New Years Crew? Well, every New Years, what do you do? Besides getting drunk and counting from 10 - 1? You make a New Years resolution. I haven't taken any polls lately, but I'm sure most of those resolutions is to get in shape. Whether it's to lose weight, gain weight, add muscle, whatever, that's probably what most people say. And most of these people form the elite group know as "the New Years Crew." The New Years Crew will join your gym, workout for a few weeks, and you will never see them again. And every New Years, you will see another New Years Crew, and in a few weeks, they will be gone. Why? Because there is a lack of motivation and dedication. And no, there is no motivation supplement or dedication powder. So whether you end up working out from now until forever, or you become a member of the New Years Crew... that's all up to you.

jm_cool, somehow, i really don't know where you get those articles, but they sure look familiar. its either at muscletech.com newsletter or at e-fitness news at e-fitness.com.

eto sa akin...

day 1: chest workout/bicep workout

20 kgs flat bench press, 10 reps.

40 kgs flat bench press, 8 reps/2 sets

60 kgs flat bench press, 6 reps/3 sets

80 kgs flat bench press, 4 reps/2 sets

50 kgs inclined bench press, 10 reps/3 sets

40 kgs reverse inclined bench press, 12 reps/3 sets

40 pounds, flat dumbell press, 10 reps/3 sets

55 pound flat dumbell press, 8 reps/3 sets

45 pound inclined dumbell press, 10 reps/3 sets

25 pound bicep concentration curl

25 pound inclined dumbell curl

30 pound standing barbell curl

25 pound tricep pulldown, 12 reps/3 sets

day 2: cardio

day 3: back and shoulders

30 pound shoulder press, 12 reps

40 pound shoulder press, 12 reps

50 pound shoulder press, 10 reps

15 pound, shoulder isolation using cable (forgot what it is called...), 12 reps, 3 sets

50 pound, lat pull down, 10 reps, 3 sets

85 pound, seated cable row, 10 reps, 3 sets

(minsan, pag di pa enough, isolate ko pa yung back muscles using machines).

day 4: cardio

day 5: legs/abs

ang Bigat nman nyan... guys ano bang pwede gamitin for beginners like me...

150 pound, leg press, 10 reps, 3 sets

60 kgs, deadlifts, 10 reps, 3 sets

40 kgs, flat squats, 10 reps, 3 sets

normal crunch, 100 reps

inclined crunch, 50 reps

day 6 and day 7: rest

Workout Routines and Splits - weightlifting and bodybuilding programs

Workout routines are what exercises, how many sets, how many reps etc. that you do for each muscle. For example, 3 sets of the flat bench press, 3 sets on the incline bench press, and 2 sets of flat bench dumbell flyes is an example of one of the many chest weightlifting workout routines. A workout split is a term given to how you split up your workout. What days you do what muscle on. For example, doing biceps back and legs on Monday, and doing triceps shoulders and chest on Thursday is a workout split. Here i will give you some sample workout routines, the routine I use, and tell you how to make your own workout routine. One rule when making weightlifting workout programs is to make sure to split it so that you aren't overtraining. Doing chest on Monday, then triceps on Tuesday, then shoulders on Wednesday will overtrain your triceps. Why? Because just about every chest and shoulder exercise works the triceps secondary. And almost every back exercise works the biceps secondary. So, you would need to do 1 of 3 things when making your workout routines and splits: 1) Work chest, triceps and shoulders on the same day, and biceps and back on the same day so that its ok if the secondary muscles get worked that day, because your doing them anyway.

2) Separate those muscles that work a secondary muscle so that they are far enough apart not to overtrain you. For example, do Chest Monday, triceps on Wednesdays, and shoulders Friday... and biceps Monday with chest, and back Wednesday or Friday.

3) This is personally what I prefer, and do myself. Do chest and triceps Monday, and shoulders Thursday, and back and biceps together on Friday. Sample Splits Coming up with weightlifting workout routines and splits and programs isn't really rocket science, once you understand the basics you can create your own. But, here are a few sample split routines and programs off the top of my head I have either used at one time, or are commonly used by other people

Monday - Chest/Triceps

Tuesday - off

Wednesday - Biceps/Back

Thursday - off

Friday - Shoulders/Legs

Saturday - off

Sunday - off Monday - Chest/Biceps

Tuesday - off

Wednesday - Shoulders/Legs

Thursday - off

Friday - Back/Triceps

Saturday - off

Sunday - off Monday - Chest/Back

Tuesday - Shoulders

Wednesday - off

Thursday - Biceps/Triceps

Friday - Legs

Saturday - off

Sunday - off Remember, these are just sample programs. Some people like to workout on the weekends, and I don't. So in all the samples I made them off days. It all depends on what days you have time to workout and/or when you want to workout which is why these are just samples, not splits you have to use. Sample Weightlifting Workout Routines This is hard. There are so many exercises for each muscle, and so many ways to split them up and make a routine out of them. So instead of listing 10,000 workout routines, I'll just list what I think are the most effective muscle building exercises for each muscle and later on you can decide which to use in your own workout routines.

Chest

Flat Bench Press

Incline Bench Press

Flat Bench Dumbell Flyes

Incline Dumbell Flyes

Back

Deadlift

Lat Pulldown (or weighted pull ups)

Seated Cable Row

Bent Over Barbell Row

Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbell Rows

Biceps

Standing Barbell Curls

Preacher Curls (with dumbells or barbell)

Seated/Standing Dumbell Curls

Triceps

Tricep Press Down

Dips

French Press

Legs

Squats

Calve Raises

Shoulders

Seated/Standing Military Press (with barbell or dumbells)

Lateral Raises

Shrugs

Abs

Abs are an important muscle and should be worked, but most people are just soooo confused when it comes to ab workouts. So, for more information on how "important" ab workouts are, and how to put abdominal exercises into your workout, click here.

My Weightlifting Workout Routine And Split I've tried a bunch of different workout routines, and this one is probably my favorite. Remember, I'm not selling this. Its just what I do. I'm not saying because I do it and it works for me, that you should do it and that it will work for you.

Monday - Chest/Triceps

Tuesday - Legs

Wednesday - off

Thursday - Shoulders

Friday - Back/Biceps

Saturday - off

Sunday - off

Chest

Flat Bench Press 4 sets

Incline Hammer Strength Machine 2 sets

Dumbell Flyes 2 sets

Back

Deadlift 3 sets

Lat Pull down 3 sets

Seated Cable Row 2 sets

Biceps

Standing Barbell Curls 3 sets

Preacher Curls (with dumbells) 1 set

Triceps

Tricep Press down 2 sets

Dips (weighted) 2 sets

Legs

Squats 4 sets

Leg Extension 2 sets

Leg Curl 2 sets

Seated/Standing Calve Raises 5 sets total (2 or 3 sets each way)

Shoulders

Seated Military Press (with dumbells) 4 sets

Lateral Raises 3 sets

Shrugs 3 sets

*Note, on all exercises I do 6-10 reps. As I increase the weight, I decrease the reps. For example, if I'm doing dumbell military presses, it might be 60lb dumbells for 8 reps, then 65lbs for 6 reps. Now, some questions you might have about weightlifting workout routines, splits, programs and what I do. Why do you do the incline hammer strength machine and not the incline bench press? Well, I used to do the incline bench press, but I never felt right on it. I can't really explain it, but I couldn't get into a groove so to speak. So I went to the next best thing to free weights (by the way, free weights are the best thing for building muscle mass) which are hammer strength machines. They are the closest thing to free weights, and I happen to love the incline hammer machine, so I use it. Why do you do so little? Wouldn't you be better off doing 10 sets for biceps or doing 15 sets for the chest? Nope, I tried that and it didn't work. After trying a bunch of different workout routines and programs, I discovered that the one I am using now works, so I use it. 10 sets for biceps might work for you but it doesn't for me. For more information on this, read the Important Facts section where I explain this in more detail. If you did for example, biceps and back on different days, or triceps and chest on different days, would you do more for the secondary muscles, biceps and triceps? This is hard to answer. You see, I never did triceps on a different day then chest, or biceps on a different day then back. Like I said, this routine works for me, so I stuck with it. But I would guess, if I did them on different days, I would probably end up doing a few more sets for biceps and triceps

ano bang magandang program para sa chest?

one mag2 2 months na kze akong nagwowork-out sa chest.. mejo naiinip ako sa current program ko..

OT:

nagt take din pala ako ng Weider Amino 6000 (10 capsules a day) at mega mass builder (2 pints a day)..

ano bang mas maganda d2?

nagtanong ako ng weider creatine...mura na kaya yung P1,200 dun sa kinukuhanan ko ng amino?

ano bang magandang program para sa chest?

one mag2 2 months na kze akong nagwowork-out sa chest.. mejo naiinip ako sa current program ko..

OT:

nagt take din pala ako ng Weider Amino 6000 (10 capsules a day) at mega mass builder (2 pints a day)..

ano bang mas maganda d2?

nagtanong ako ng weider creatine...mura na kaya yung  P1,200 dun sa kinukuhanan ko ng amino?

firehole, imho. the best para sa chest is yung inclined dumbell press tsaka inclined dumbeel flyes. it targets the upper and middle chest.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i need to reduce the size of my tummy FAST!

any recommendations? :wacko:

i know of a way, but it isn't fast

this is from personal experiece so i don't know if you will respond to this and at what length of time you will get your results:

minimize your rice, as in 1 cup or less na lang.

add more vegetables, fruit and protein to compensate.

and of course, lift weights

nawala tiyan ko dahil diyan, yesss

although no six pack abs, i think i'm content with a flat tummy :lol:

and of course, see your doctor first before going on any exercise/diet program.

I hate exercising...in any shape or form

but I started doing pilates and wow kahit ang sakit

nang katawan ko ang sarap pa din...and it really makes you

sweat...and I try to fit in some cardio into my workout

like kick boxing and dance aerobics...

and some light weights but more reps with no rest period

between sets so I can burn some calories...

I used to lift weights, body build and I didn't like the results...

I looked like a bouncer for a night club so now I'm trying

light weights with more reps na.

but i don't have a model's body (yet) and I don't think i would ever

Edited by hottlipss

here's an experiment

take one longanisa, cut it i half and fry one half of it (without any oil) on a non-stick frying pan.

makikita mo n lumiliit sya because nawawala ang fat (which is the oil). dahil na-bu-burn sya ng heat.

take the other half and massage it.

you will notice n its size will not reduce kahit n ano pa gawa mo.

my point is, to loss fat, you must exercise correctly para tumaas metabolism mo (heat your body up), and burn or fry away those fats.

sure fire, wallang mintis yan, tanggal taba mo.

tried it on myself n, and plus you must eat right.

take out the junks and the process foods and start eating real foods.

here's an experiment

take one longanisa, cut it i half and fry one half  of it (without any oil) on a non-stick frying pan.

makikita mo n lumiliit sya because nawawala ang fat (which is the oil). dahil na-bu-burn sya ng heat.

take the other half and massage it.

you will notice n its size will not reduce kahit n ano pa gawa mo.

my point is,  to loss fat, you must exercise correctly para tumaas metabolism mo (heat your body up), and burn  or fry away those fats.

sure fire, wallang mintis yan, tanggal taba mo.

tried it on myself n, and plus you must eat right.

take out the junks and the process foods and start eating real foods.

well done! nice explanation pare! and likewise, pls take note, there is no such thing as spot reduction. if you wanna lose weight, focus on compound exercises not isolation movements. :thumbsupsmiley:

..I used to lift weights, body build and I didn't like the results...

I looked like a bouncer for a night club so now I'm trying

light weights with more reps na.

hahahaha! my wife quit lifting weights bec of the same reason. i told her to do more cardio instead of lifting weights. but she's too lazy to do cardio exercises. :)

as for me, i lost 6-7 kgs from cardio exercises. i started last june. i know it seems quite slow, but take note i didn't undergo any form of diet. :)