The Honda Lovers Thread

guys need ur expert advised.. im goin to buy a second hand car in nov my friend wu has a friend also ay nag offer sa akin ng second hand altis and honda city modeled 2000 yung city is worth 350thou and the altis is worth 450thou.. is tht ok? also ang natatakbo palang daw ng both cars is 6500 kilometers both are first owned... can u advised me guys which to chose or not? this is my first owned car kung sakali.. any suggestions kung anong type of car ang bibilhin ko my busget is 500thou lang.. hope you can help me tnx a lot!!!

guys need ur expert advised.. im goin to buy a second hand car in nov my friend wu has a friend also ay nag offer sa akin ng second hand altis and honda city modeled 2000 yung city is worth 350thou and the altis is worth 450thou.. is tht ok? also ang natatakbo palang daw ng both cars is 6500 kilometers both are first owned... can u advised me guys which to chose or not? this is my first owned car kung sakali.. any suggestions kung anong type of car ang bibilhin ko my busget is 500thou lang.. hope you can help me tnx a lot!!!

size wise, get the altis.

engine wise, get the altis.

fuel efficiency wise, get the altis.

maintenance wise, get the altis.

spare parts availability, altis has more spare parts available (although konti lang ang lamang....the city also has parts available, kaya lang medyo mas mahal kesa sa altis. but since, you are a new car owner, i will still prefer the ease and reasonable price of altis compared to the city...)

in short, get the altis....

and since you are a new car owner, i would like to invite you to join us at http://www.tsikot.com. :) see you there....

Edited by Google
size wise, get the altis.

engine wise, get the altis.

fuel efficiency wise, get the altis.

maintenance wise, get the altis.

spare parts availability, altis has more spare parts available (although konti lang ang lamang....the city also has parts available, kaya lang medyo mas mahal kesa sa altis. but since, you are a new car owner, i will still prefer the ease and reasonable price of altis compared to the city...)

in short, get the altis....

While I generally agree with you on most of those points, there is no way an Altis beats a City on fuel efficiency. On a trip from Manila to Laoag and back, the City we were using consumed just past half a tank of gas (20+ liters).

But between the altis and city rid_dick2005 mentioned, the city seems rather expensive even if you consider the low mileage.

I've been driving a honda civic for almost 3 years now....

well, what can i say...:

HOnda,

-the engine has decent power having a 1.6L vtec engine producing 13ohp

-the ergonomics is fine and very roomy.. we've tried loading it up to 7 people and its just enough

-it has a good fuel consumption... it city roads, i runs upto 10km to 10.5km per liter

-it has a sporty and proportionate design

-easy to modify

But;

-the suspension is quite noisy after changing my mags to 17 inch. (must be mags)

-the maintainance is quite expensive. I spent almost 12thousand a year.

Toyota

-it has a cheaper maintenance cost

-nice and quite suspension unlike civic

-cheaper parts

But;

-the engine is weak.... only producing 124hp with its 1.6L although its 1.8L produces 142hp

-its not roomy enough

-try to look at its rear wheel.... it looks too small and very unproportionate to its body

-I don't like the design its too big too look outside

While I generally agree with you on most of those points, there is no way an Altis beats a City on fuel efficiency. On a trip from Manila to Laoag and back, the City we were using consumed just past half a tank of gas (20+ liters).

But between the altis and city rid_dick2005 mentioned, the city seems rather expensive even if you consider the low mileage.

but if you compare the engine capacity's ratio and its fuel consumption (km/l), i think the altis is still on the edge considering it consumes around 10 km/l on a 1.6 engine, compared to around 10 km/l on a city on a 1.5 liter engine.

but if you compare the engine capacity's ratio and its fuel consumption (km/l), i think the altis is still on the edge considering it consumes around 10 km/l on a 1.6 engine, compared to around 10 km/l on a city on a 1.5 liter engine.

may i know where these figures came from? though i agree with the altis' figures...imho the city's consumption is nowhere near 10km/liter. This econobox equipped with i-Dsi technology ( dual sparkplug per cylinder) can make 14km/liter. The proper comparison for the city would be the VIOS since both of them belong to the same category.

may i know where these figures came from? though i agree with the altis' figures...imho the city's consumption is nowhere near 10km/liter.  This econobox equipped with i-Dsi technology ( dual sparkplug per cylinder) can make 14km/liter. The proper comparison for the city would be the VIOS since both of them belong to the same category.

are you talking about the new city? the 2004 circa (yung parang kaskasan ng yelo ang shape?) if you are your figures are quite correct, but i am talking about the 2000-2001 city.

figures are according to the users.

are you talking about the new city? the 2004 circa (yung parang kaskasan ng yelo ang shape?) if you are your figures are quite correct, but i am talking about the 2000-2001 city.

figures are according to the users.

nakow dude... mas fuel efficient pa din ang previous gen city. why? its power to weight ratio is really good. take the type Z for example...its D15 vtec engine runsat 115hp and its curb weight is less than 1000kg. baka naman wala na sa tono yung mga city ng kilala mo pare or "mabigat mga paa nila". :)

Edited by Van Wilder
nakow dude... mas fuel efficient pa din ang previous gen city. why? its power to weight ratio is really good. take the type Z for example...its D15 vtec engine runsat 115hp and its curb weight is  less than 1000kg. baka naman wala na sa tono yung mga city ng kilala mo pare or "mabigat mga paa nila".  :)

probably....

OT: are you from HCP?

probably....

OT: are you from HCP?

nope im not, im a car enthusiast... i love both hondas and toyotas. each has their own pros and cons. . nagkataon lang na lamang talaga sa fuel efficiency ang city compared to the altis. if you want, you can try asking TSIKOT, even TACP or GRUPOTOYOTA. These cars belong to different categories. the city ain't called an econobox for nothin :)

the better comparison to the altis would be the civic. peace! happy motoring. :D

my 2c.

between the altis and the civic, i'd go for the civic since almost every other person out there already owns an altis (well, that's stretching it). plus the refaced civic looks much better than the refaced upside-down-bathtub altis.

though if you'll consider other choices i'd either pick an optra or lynx if you really are budget conscious. but if you have some spare change there, i'd go for the mazda3.

newbie here. opinon ko lang...

civic seems better overall. sana nga lang double-wishbone pa din ang front. yung unang labas ng civic kalampagin nga but i believe it's been addressed already.

altis if you prefer comfort over performance. mas maganda ang interior ng altis with better sound insulation.

civic or altis? for me if you plan to upgrade ur car (i mean dress up) like audio/video setup, kits, engine modification, mags.. choose CIVIC!! the car can really look better!!

but if ur on the safe side thying to mantain everything from the moment it comes out of the delership go for ALTIS!!

btw this is out of the topic but for me in small size sedans i have my own top 2 choices

Mazda 3! and displacement and lynx 2.0

Check it out, try to drive it as well if you could.

• 3 weeks later...