#41 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1086 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Question:

What is it that we wish other people would see about ourselves?

For me, I wish people would see that I was funny, interesting, fun to be with, and good company in any situation.

#42 neville

neville

Ngarag Na Naman

• Diyosa
  • 9800 posts
  • Interests:reading, vegetarianism, meditation, art, travelling, daydreaming, writing

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

im going to guess the edit was made to add the #hashtag.. haha

#deephugot

Au contraire sir, the grammatical clean-up prompted the edit. I couldn't stand blatant errors when I know they can be corrected. A good writer knows that.

#43 neville

neville

Ngarag Na Naman

• Diyosa
  • 9800 posts
  • Interests:reading, vegetarianism, meditation, art, travelling, daydreaming, writing

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Question:

For me, I wish people would see that I was funny, interesting, fun to be with, and good company in any situation.

Hmmm...how about this:

I do have my weak moments. I am not strong all the time. I have moments when I wish I have someone who is there by my side on a permanent basis. Someone who pats my back and holds my hand when I most need it.

When people least expect I do need it.

#44 DyosangLigaw

DyosangLigaw

proceed at your own risk

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1750 posts
  • Interests:"man does not live on boobies alone..."

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

Question:

Hi and congrats on your own room! Now to answer the question, I wish people would see that beyond the strength that they might see, I long to be protected, taken cared of and loved dearly. Often, people think I seem seem strong, that I don't need TLC anymore or that I don't need anyone in life to exist. What others don't realize is that  while I may not need anyone else for sustenance, survival or to get by, all I ask is someone to just be there...

#45 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1086 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

Good morning!

So it seems that the general XY population tend to be overly-impressed or intimidated by strong women to the point of overlooking the fact that the ladies remain feeling, sensitive people with their own emotional needs, weaknesses, insecurities, and desires. Women, even the toughest ones, remain the fairer sex (in one figurative sense).

I remember a time (parang ang tanda ko na, pero oo) when it was vogue for men to shed their machismo, get in touch with their emotions, express their sensitivity, and admit to their weaknesses. The modern man, they called him then.

Apparently that is a fiction. Seems that some men, in the process of admitting their weaknesses and need for that woman to stand behind him, conveniently have overlooked the fact that behind a successful woman can be a good man.

Note I say "can" and not "should", so any'all feminist lurkers there better not be given me a hard time thank you very much.

The question remains open, ladies and gents. Feel free to speak your mind, or react to the first responders. I know some of you are just dying to, but let's drop the pretentious BS guys. The ladies deserve that much for their honesty.

Still working around newbie posting limits, so apologies for the late replies. ;)
  • neville likes this

#46 JayZip

JayZip

daddy day care.

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12794 posts
  • Interests:Toys. Ages 6-14.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:00 AM

Question:

Same thing for me - that I'm funny, interesting and fun to be with. But that's what I want for people that I know to see about me.

However, I wanna be seen as the "bad boy, oozing with sex appeal" type to the women that I have yet to meet. Probably because I've been the good boy, guy next door type all my life and I know that a lot of girls go for the opposite. There was this one time I was trying to seduce a girl and she laughed out loud just because she thinks that I wouldnt harm a mouse. Could be my looks but i was insulted. Hahahaha!

Now with that being said, is there something wrong with me?

#47 DrMurdoc

DrMurdoc

Libertine

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

Question:

I'm a happy guy... and that's what most people see when they first meet me. I'm all smiles and all laughs. Very positive outlook... in front of people.

but there is a sadness in me. I don't know why. Maybe it's loneliness? longing? I'm not sure. I wish people can see that.

#48 DrMurdoc

DrMurdoc

Libertine

• UNREGISTERED
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

Au contraire sir, the grammatical clean-up prompted the edit. I couldn't stand blatant errors when I know they can be corrected. A good writer knows that.

+1

#49 DrMurdoc

DrMurdoc

Libertine

• UNREGISTERED
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:24 AM

reading through the answers from Wits question, i can't help but notice that we're all looking for that "someone"...

that being said, can you guys describe your ideal "someone"?

Edited by DrMurdoc, 10 April 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#50 DrMurdoc

DrMurdoc

Libertine

• UNREGISTERED
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hi WitMystery,

I'm sorry, i feel like my questions are taking over your thread. Apologies if that is how it looks.

#51 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1086 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Hahahaha! Ok lang. Di naman ako maka-post ng madalas dahil sa post limits. Para magkalaman unti.

#52 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1086 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

Why can't you show your weakness to the person that you're dating?

#53 MandyOnDuty

MandyOnDuty

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2368 posts
  • Interests:volleyball, fashion, fitness, painting, literature, arts, sweets

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Because dating stage is the best scenario na dapat kang magpakitang gilas sa kanya.

#54 curiosity101

curiosity101

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

Question:

I wish people would appreciate me more for my brains than my good looks :-)

#55 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1086 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

Same thing for me - that I'm funny, interesting and fun to be with. But that's what I want for people that I know to see about me.

However, I wanna be seen as the "bad boy, oozing with sex appeal" type to the women that I have yet to meet. Probably because I've been the good boy, guy next door type all my life and I know that a lot of girls go for the opposite. There was this one time I was trying to seduce a girl and she laughed out loud just because she thinks that I wouldnt harm a mouse. Could be my looks but i was insulted. Hahahaha!

Now with that being said, is there something wrong with me?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be seen in a particular way. The question is, are you really a "bad boy"? It's hard to project a particular image if you aren't really like that or if you haven't practiced it like actors do. And then there are the ladies who actually like good guys. Right now, more than those who like the bad boys. I know, because I have more than a few female friends who tell me so.

I'm a happy guy... and that's what most people see when they first meet me. I'm all smiles and all laughs. Very positive outlook... in front of people.

but there is a sadness in me. I don't know why. Maybe it's loneliness? longing? I'm not sure. I wish people can see that.

Sadness is something a lot of people choose not to see. Avoidance of having to expend the energy to extend pity or empathy is easier for them. Why would you want people to see your sadness?

Because dating stage is the best scenario na dapat kang magpakitang gilas sa kanya.

Oo, siyempre gusto ng Guy or Girl maganda ang impression ng kanyang natitipuhan. Ang tanong, lalabas din yan. So kelan ok na ipakita na may weakness sa kryptonite si Superman?

I wish people would appreciate me more for my brains than my good looks :-)

Congratulations on being part of the fairer segment of society. :) Why do you feel that people don't appreciate the substance behind the style?

#56 twisted minds

twisted minds

nabaril at nilibing na sa Luneta

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:44 AM

interesting nick buddy ... and yes, we all go thru changes ... some having hard time to let go, some having hard time to accept, some saddly accepts, some happily accepts ... life is profound indeed ...

oh i guess i simply want to be remembered for my kindness ...

Edited by rmpilar, 11 April 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#57 DyosangLigaw

DyosangLigaw

proceed at your own risk

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1750 posts
  • Interests:"man does not live on boobies alone..."

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Hmmmm, there is something in the way you compose your sentences that seems familiar. I can't tell yet.  

Anyway, about showing weakness during the dating stage. I think it's because we all want our prospects to admire us and like us first. During the dating period, guys tend to be very romantic, sending flowers, chocolates, texting, calling, visiting even at wee hours of the day just to woo their prospects. Girls, on the other hand, keep themselves all dolled up, prim and proper, all smiles and sometimes overly Pollyana-ish. Very few people remain consistent in their ways, some people tend to become "more", some people turn "less" when they're way past the dating stage. 

Most people have a ready list of what they want but seldom do we have a list of specific dislikes list. Most people can immediately say they like someone who is good looking, sexy, with expressive eyes, intelligent, etc. But few would tell you they don't like those who act like a jack ass, outright arrogant or judgmental.

Often, when we see a person that has some of the characteristics we like, we tend to overlook the instances when they made fun of the big, fat woman across the other table, the times they cursed incessantly for no reason or the times they said bad things about their mother. And these unpleasant behaviors naturally come out only when you'r in a relationship. It's a natural human flaw, very few people overcome, I guess.

Edited by DyosangLigaw, 11 April 2015 - 08:45 AM.

• twisted minds likes this

#58 denimhead

denimhead

dem bumbaclot percolator

• (14) Tera Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16675 posts
  • Interests:yup

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

bec its part of the game, u promote an image of you as a suitable/ideal mate ...

#59 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1086 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hmmmm, there is something in the way you compose your sentences that seems familiar. I can't tell yet.  

Anyway, about showing weakness during the dating stage. I think it's because we all want our prospects to admire us and like us first. During the dating period, guys tend to be very romantic, sending flowers, chocolates, texting, calling, visiting even at wee hours of the day just to woo their prospects. Girls, on the other hand, keep themselves all dolled up, prim and proper, all smiles and sometimes overly Pollyana-ish. Very few people remain consistent in their ways, some people tend to become "more", some people turn "less" when they're way past the dating stage. 

Most people have a ready list of what they want but seldom do we have a list of specific dislikes list. Most people can immediately say they like someone who is good looking, sexy, with expressive eyes, intelligent, etc. But few would tell you they don't like those who act like a jack ass, outright arrogant or judgmental.

Often, when we see a person that has some of the characteristics we like, we tend to overlook the instances when they made fun of the big, fat woman across the other table, the times they cursed incessantly for no reason or the times they said bad things about their mother. And these unpleasant behaviors naturally come out only when you'r in a relationship. It's a natural human flaw, very few people overcome, I guess.

bec its part of the game, u promote an image of you as a suitable/ideal mate ...

So once a person is past "preening birds" stage and you're already exclusively dating or an item (do they still use these terms these days? What do the young'uns call it now?), that's when you can slack on the impression management and open up to the other person, admitting weaknesses and flaws? But if we wanted others to see us beyond certain specific impressions, would that limit us to how many people see more of our true selves?

#60 WitMystery

WitMystery

Sanity Checker

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1086 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:18 PM

Question:
For me, I wish people would see that I am responsible and mature. Much as I like it when they see I don't look my age, I sometimes think that perhaps I also don't act "accordingly".

Do other people say or express that you don't act appropriately or is that just something you tell yourself sometimes?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: psychology, relationships, emotions, mental health, sex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users