Pba's Best Teams

Most prolly the Crispa and Tanduay teams back then.. :thumbsupsmiley:

But since I'm biased..hehe..I'd agree with complicated8: the Queenan (and another import), Patrimonio, Codinera days. :P

Or the Coney Island/Cowboys team: Patrimonio, Codinera, Cabahug, Capacio, and Redfield (not sure if Dindo was part of this team)..

1998-1999 SHELL TURBOCHARGERS!

Paras, Pablo, Jackson, Castillo, Esplana and coach Perry! :thumbsupsmiley:

parehong pareho pala talaga tayo pag shell na pinaguusapan! heheheh

sayang nga lang late bloomer si Esplana, ano kaya kung sa Sta. Lucia before the trade eh ganito na rin laro nya.

idol ko si coach Perry Ronquillo, di ko nga lang akalain na magiging amo ko eh kamukha nya. hahaha

• 6 months later...

For me: Crispa with Guidaben, Cezar, Adornado, Hubalde, Atoy Co, and Fabiosa.. And adding Bates to the equation just made them stronger and unstoppable..

Ginebra - when they had Jaworski, Distrito, Ampalayo, Saldana, Loyzaga and Billy Ray Bates

One of the best teams (actually team ups) I've ever seen was when Bates teamed up with Michael Hackett and gave Ginebra and Jaworski's frist playing coach championship.. I think it was in 1986 when Ginebra dominated the PBA and even toyed against Manila Beer which is the only team that gave them a fight..

Edited by revi

wayback toyota days with players- sonny jaworski, francis arnaiz, ramon fernandez, abe king, arnie tuadles ang gagaling nila

until toyota disbanded and jaworski moved to ginebra, a lot of ginebra players improved coz of jaworskis coaching styles they are rudy distrito, dante gonzalgo, rey cuenco and even romy mamaril..rookie nun si don don ampalayo naglalaro kahit mataas ang lagnat di naman nabigo si jaworski sa promise nya kay carlos palanca dating may ari ng ginebra la tondena na mapapa champion nya ang team with the help of their import billy ray bates and michael hackett my dream comes true ang ganda ng nilaro nila ang saya say ko nun...until now ginebra fan pa rin ako i like the combination of the fast and the furious na alala ko tuloy sina batman and robin si jawo ( big j ) at si arnaiz ( mr. clutch or road runner )

^ I checked wikipedia, andun ang line-up ng Ginebra nung 1986.. At andun nga si Rudy Distrito.. Funny, but I can't seem to remember him during that run.. Well, anyways, that team with Hackett and Bates really domilished the 3rd conference and denied Tanduay a grand slam..

But I don't think that Dondon Ampalayo had fever during their fifth game in the championship.. Ang natatandaan ko ay nung Anejo sila at kalaban nila Purefoods nung naglaro siya ng may lagnat at na-dehydrate pa nga siya nun.. That is the start of Ampalayo's decline..

SMB Grand Slam Team :

# 19 Mon Fernandez

# 10 Alvin Teng

# 12 Yves Dignadice

# 9 Samboy Lim

# 14 Hector Calma

Bench :

# 4 Elmer Reyes

# 11 Tonichi Yturri

# 17 Jeffrey Graves

# 23 Ricky Brown

# 15 Ricky Cui

# 5 Franz Pumaren

# 8 Bobby Jose

# 7 Alfie Almario

Imports :

#24 Norman Black

#25 Michael Phelps (haha same name as the swimmer)

# 3 Ennis Whatley

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For me, the 1988 Season is one of the best. :thumbsupsmiley:

1st Conference : SMB over Rookie Team Purefoods in 7 games. Norman Black for SMB, David Thirdkill for Purefoods, Jamie Waller for Ginebra.

Closest games ever during that time. Almost all games were decided by 5points or less.

2nd Conference : Ginebra (or Anejo) won over Purefoods (Patrimonio's Maiden conference) in 4 games. Down by 19 points in the 4th canto, rallied with treys.

Ampalayo helped his team win while having a high fever. BTW, Ginebra qualified for the Finals beating SMB in a knockout match with the so

called 'God's Play' (Joey Loyzaga's assist to Romulo Mamaril for a buzzer beater win) :thumbsupsmiley:

IBA Invitationals : Anejo win with Bobby Parks and Willy Bland as a 'Loaned Imports'

3rd Conference : SMB as Champ

1988 MVP Mon Fernandez : Purefoods team (1st 2 Conferences), SMB 3rd Conference . Was traded for Guidaben nung 3rd Conf after the infamous Accusation of Team Manager Rene Buhain regarding Alleged game fixing :goatee:

Edited by tjdsaint