Since antiquity, diabetes has been treated with plant medicines. The following herbs appear to be the most effective, are relatively non-toxic and have substantial scientific documentation to attest to their efficacy.

Onion and Garlic

The common bulbs, onion and garlic, have significant blood sugar-lowering action as well as lowering lipids, inhibiting platelet aggregation, and reducing blood pressure.

• Winner! (+1) 1
Since antiquity, diabetes has been treated with plant medicines. The following herbs appear to be the most effective, are relatively non-toxic and have substantial scientific documentation to attest to their efficacy.

Onion and Garlic

The common bulbs, onion and garlic, have significant blood sugar-lowering action as well as lowering lipids, inhibiting platelet aggregation, and reducing blood pressure.

does this mean that italian food minus the pasta is good? and does anything low-carb help?

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes type II after a scary incident with me passing out. Di ko alam I've been suffering from diabetes for several years na. My sugar will shoot up and then go dangerously low. I'm glad I've finally found out what was wrong with me kasi for years, I would feel so fatigue.

I'm being treated by a doctor who deals solely on diabetics and a dietician...they work closely together. They worked up a meal plan/goal for me. I was surprised to see that I can still eat my rice, pasta, and bread but the key is moderation, portion, and exercise.

If you've had "too" much carb then they say work it out with exercise. They don't impose strict diet with no carbs at all kasi they said our body needs carbs to function.

So far since I've been diagnosed, my blood sugar has been on the norm range...I do have occasional slip up and it spikes up but that's because I had a can of Pepsi....my weakness and addiction!

And ginagawa ko, I would work out vigourously until my blood sugar is at the norm level again.

Edited by hottlipss

Hotllipss,

most diabetics after years of taking care of themselves tend to learn a great deal about this condition. I am sure that you are already well versed with all the technical terms but if there is more that you would like to know, I suggest you join a DM Camp. If you feel that you have enough knowledge about this, then I suggest you join a camp as well to pass on your knowledge to other people with the same condition.

I attended a camp once years ago and I was surprised at how many people are affected by this condition

Hotllipss,

most diabetics after years of taking care of themselves tend to learn a great deal about this condition. I am sure that you are already well versed with all the technical terms but if there is more that you would like to know, I suggest you join a DM Camp. If you feel that you have enough knowledge about this, then I suggest you join a camp as well to pass on your knowledge to other people with the same condition.

I attended a camp once years ago and I was surprised at how many people are affected by this condition

Thanks for the advice Green... DM...diabetes management camp? right? I have websites for references and info.

I'm also being seen at the diabetes clinic in our hospital where they've educated us on how to manage our diabetes, foot care, diet and exercise.

They're really helpful and they've been my support system since my diagnosis. You are right, there is so much more I have to learn. This thing

caught me off guard since I've always been so healthy but I have no choice but to handle it the best I can since it is hereditary. :angry:

It's not really the diet and portion sized meals and the regular exercise that I have a hard time with...it's pricking myself to measure blood sugar level that I have a hard time with. I have to do it once when I wake up, after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner, and more if my blood sugar is high or low at one test, I have to keep pricking myself to test until it gets at the norm again. :grr: Then sometimes my glaucometer would not read because I didn't get enough blood so I have to prick myself again. :grr: Butas butas na ang mga daliri ko. :grr:

Edited by hottlipss
Thanks for the advice Green... DM...diabetes management camp? right? I have websites for references and info.

I'm also being seen at the diabetes clinic in our hospital where they've educated us on how to manage our diabetes, foot care, diet and exercise.

They're really helpful and they've been my support system since my diagnosis. You are right, there is so much more I have to learn. This thing

caught me off guard since I've always been so healthy but I have no choice but to handle it the best I can since it is hereditary. :angry:

It's not really the diet and portion sized meals and the regular exercise that I have a hard time with...it's pricking myself to measure blood sugar level that I have a hard time with. I have to do it once when I wake up, after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner, and more if my blood sugar is high or low at one test, I have to keep pricking myself to test until it gets at the norm again. :grr: Then sometimes my glaucometer would not read because I didn't get enough blood so I have to prick myself again. :grr: Butas butas na ang mga daliri ko. :grr:

i think you can use one of those needles that you can install in some pen like device then you fire with a spring while against the tip of your finger... that's what they used on me when i was admitted for pigsa that didn't want to ripen or mature... turns out diabetes had something to do with it...

i think you can use one of those needles that you can install in some pen like device then you fire with a spring while against the tip of your finger... that's what they used on me when i was admitted for pigsa that didn't want to ripen or mature... turns out diabetes had something to do with it...

that's what I'm using with my lancets...masakit pa rin noh :sick:

• 2 weeks later...
is drinking & smoking a factor?

Unfortunately, as of yet, there is no definitive answer to your question. Some studies show a positive correlation, while others did not. IMHO, smoking HAS a greater risk for developing complications of Diabetes. At any rate, even with the fuzzy information about smoking, alcohol and diabetes, SMOKING is ALWAYS a risk factor! If not for diabetes, then any number of other serious systemic diseases.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a smoker too. However I am cognizant of this fact.... WALANG MAGANDANG MAIDUDULOT ANG PANINIGARILYO, PURO KASAMAAN LANG SA KATAWAN. :(

• 2 months later...
Charachterized by 3 P's

Polydipsia - Excessive drinking/thirst

Polyuria - Excessive urination (syempre-marami kang na inum)

Polyphagia - Excessive eating (ie 3 cups of rice)

Add mo pa Paresthesia - abnormal sensations of the skin, tingling or numbness

Pruritus - pangangati due to dehydration

Game...

For Metformin users, I'd prefer Glucoform 500mg.

Glucoform (Metformin Hcl):

Price: Php 5.60

Available at Mercury D/S

Promo: For every purchase of 1 box (100 pcs), just give me a copy of your receipt and I'll give you additional 20 Glucoform tablets.

For Glibenclamide users, I'd prefer Gluban 5mg.

Price: Php 7.00

Available at Mercury D/S

Promo: For every purchase of 1 box (100 pcs), just give me a copy of your receipt and I'll give you additional 20 Gluban tablets.

For the Doctors here who would like to try Gluban and Glibenclamide to their patients, just pm me your clinic address and other details.

I hope this would help our MTC diabetics here a bit...

Gluban and Glucoform are both very affordable and very effective. (CGMP Certified)

tama na... lolz

@hotlips - sis... puno yata ang inbox mo.. bounce back reply ko.. :D

@Smooth T - pede po pakidiscuss action ng glibenclamide and metformin.... heheh

thanks..

Ganun? Tama ba naman na sa akin ipadiscuss.... Sige na nga, malakas ka sa akin eh. Besides, I owe you big time. :heart:

Glibenclamide ~ This is a drug that belongs to the sulfonylureas class of medications. As a class, these drugs serve to increase insulin production in patients with Type II diabetes (AKA adult onset diabetes mellitus, AKA NIDDM)

Metformin ~ This is a drug that belongs to the biguanide class of oral hypoglycemics. As a class, these drugs serve to decrease insulin resistance and also reduce hepatic gluconeogensis. This is also used in patients with Type II diabetes (AKA adult onset diabetes mellitus, AKA NIDDM)

• 8 months later...
I was recently diagnosed with diabetes type II after a scary incident with me passing out. Di ko alam I've been suffering from diabetes for several years na. My sugar will shoot up and then go dangerously low. I'm glad I've finally found out what was wrong with me kasi for years, I would feel so fatigue.

I'm being treated by a doctor who deals solely on diabetics and a dietician...they work closely together. They worked up a meal plan/goal for me. I was surprised to see that I can still eat my rice, pasta, and bread but the key is moderation, portion, and exercise.

If you've had "too" much carb then they say work it out with exercise. They don't impose strict diet with no carbs at all kasi they said our body needs carbs to function.

So far since I've been diagnosed, my blood sugar has been on the norm range...I do have occasional slip up and it spikes up but that's because I had a can of Pepsi....my weakness and addiction!

And ginagawa ko, I would work out vigourously until my blood sugar is at the norm level again.

may i know ur diabetic doc and dietician pls. tks. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all. I have just been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My baseline glucose is 257(fasting). I was very worried about this. I am hoping you could refer a good site on the internet where I can find a lot of good info. Also you can help me by giving tips and also discounts on the drugs! :hypocritesmiley: . Thanks!

Hello to all. I have just been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My baseline glucose is 257(fasting). I was very worried about this. I am hoping you could refer a good site on the internet where I can find a lot of good info. Also you can help me by giving tips and also discounts on the drugs! :hypocritesmiley: . Thanks!

American Diabetes Association's site is very informative.

Just be careful with the information that you get from the net and always discuss this with your MD. ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
can i ask u guys regarding laser treatment for diabetes?? what's your take on this?? is this really effective??

so far the only approved use for laser treatment is for diabetic wounds. other treatments by laser like regenerating insulin-producing cells in the pancreas are still unproven and are not universally accepted by the medical field.