The Football Thread

Labuyo

Hey! A football thread! I haven't played football for a long, long time na. I played occasionally back in high school but it was while I was in grade school that I played it a lot. I was a part of the AFC and played under Chris Monfort.

Anyway, if you guys really wanna play, you can use Ateneo's football fields. You just have to go to the Ateneo Athletics Department in the Ateneo Gym to pay for its use. I don't know how much though.

ac milan 0 juventus 0 (milan wins on penalties)

that was probably the most boring final ever. the only 2 creative players for either team didnt even play (nedved and rivaldo).

come to think of it, the milan vs. inter semifinal was probably the most boring semifinal ever. they shouldn't allow two italian teams to play each other in the champions league. and to think i stay up till 5am for this crap!

Guys,....I agree wid Big Dumpling...we cld use the Ateneo Futball field. Lapit pa sa amin. Hope we guys cld play sumday. :)

To Sophia :wub: ,..kahit like mo si David Bekham,......CRUSH pa rin kta. Kahit di moko pansin. :P :D

To all football fans,.........Mucho Vivo Jugadores de futbol!!!! B)

PEACE to U ALL!! :D

yeah! i agree! We are the only nation in the world that doesnt appreciate the GREATEST and MOST DYNAMIC,MOST SPECTACULAR Sport of all!

It reflects kse on the attitude and mentality of the ppl eh. We can never rlly excel in the sport of GIANTS. My GOD,...San Miguel's coomaercial,....abt Pinoys being obssesed w. BASKEtball is so disgusting and pathethic.

Pinoys /Pinays can EXCEL internationally in almost all sports, except basketball and volleyball. Coz we're not as tall and massive as Shaq,Tim Duncan and Yao Miing.

If this is the case,.....when will the ppl learn? Wat will happen to Philippine Sports?

• 3 weeks later...

i know what you mean, people think that our philippine national basketball team is getting really good and tall with talent, What they don't know is that our competitiors like china is also improving a lot more than we think we are. And to think these nations that are beating us at basketball only consider basketball as a secondary sport not their national past time.

viva real madrid now with david beckham. :D

heck they need a defneder more than they need a midfield player

Agree totally with both posts. Look at how popular soccer is worldwide...you can easily transfer players across national borders, across oceans, and these transactions are marveled at by the world.

I must agree I was surprised with the Beckham move, since he really is not that great a player.....It was more of a marketing move in my opinion due to his profile.

Real Madrid is one of the greatest turnaround stories of all time....it was just like yesterday when this club was saddled with so much debt, and now, they have a front line consisting of Ronaldo, Raul and Figo, a midfield with Zidane, and Beckham, a defender like Roberto Carlos, the Spanish national team keeper...and a whole lot more great names.

I think Beckham was put in so as to allow the team to raise more money than waht they paid for Beckham! hehehehe....what a team!

you guys are right, the beckham move is all about promotion and popularity. David beckham is the most popular/famous footballer in the world. Popularity means more money for real madrid, but some of his talents won't be used. Who's gonna take the free kick for real now? Roberto carlos or Beckham? Do you go for accuracy or power? glad i'm not the coach of real.