Your Recent Clothes/Shoes/Accessories Purchase

Okay this seems to be the thread I can post my question... So I'm visiting Manila for a couple of weeks, but am still disapointed not to see a lot of good vintage stores (not thrift). Somebody pointed me out to the ever famous Bambang Market, but no one can tell me the exact directions to get there. Do any of you know how to get there and is it worth the trip for trully vintage? If this is your kind of style, help me out. By the way I'm a straight guy in my 20's who loves style! Thanks in advance.

Okay this seems to be the thread I can post my question... So I'm visiting Manila for a couple of weeks, but am still disapointed not to see a lot of good vintage stores (not thrift). Somebody pointed me out to the ever famous Bambang Market, but no one can tell me the exact directions to get there. Do any of you know how to get there and is it worth the trip for trully vintage? If this is your kind of style, help me out. By the way I'm a straight guy in my 20's who loves style! Thanks in advance.

To better answre your question about directions I need to know where youre staying at in Manila.

Roughly, Bambang is along Rizal Avenue extension (formerly Avenida)... The LRT or a cab is the easiest way to get there but if youre alone id go w/ the LRT - the train stops at whats called the Bambang station...

The shops are in the street parallel to Rizal Avenue extension.

You can also try the Ukay shops in Baguio and Kamuning...

Edited by Wyld

i do shop a lot! :D

but i try not to maximize my credit cards (most of the time) since it's automatically debited to my dad's account! :hypocritesmiley:

i'm not into branded things too... i'd rather have those that fits well and that costs reasonably. quality-wise is also a criterion anyway! :) :)

the last things i shopped? and that was last week... a pair of sandals, several and i mean, several nice-fitting shirts, stuffs for my nieces and nephew, toiletries! :)

Thanks so much Wyld. I'll be coming from like San Juan area, and I plan to take the LRT, to avoid any hassles of parking, traffic. Yes I haven't been to Kamuning, but I remember seeing some resale stores there. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't think I will have time to go to Baguio...bummer. Anyways keep this thread up guys!

Thanks so much Wyld. I'll be coming from like San Juan area, and I plan to take the LRT, to avoid any hassles of parking, traffic. Yes I haven't been to Kamuning, but I remember seeing some resale stores there. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't think I will have time to go to Baguio...bummer. Anyways keep this thread up guys!

Youre welcome...

I like the Kamuning shops better actually... especially for bags and accessories... I think they have new stocks in Kamuning every other Tuesday... but that might have changed since the last time I was there....I think there is also one along Shaw Blvd very near EDSA.... :)

Good luck and enjoy! :)

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if I'm a shopping addict but I tend to buy a few stuff only because some of the stuff I own, I hand it to my sister or brother sorta hand-me-down stuffs.

I have 5 computers and 2 laptops. At the moment I am upgrading my server PC of more hdd's. I now have 1.8TB of space on it and usually every 3 months, I buy a new 200GB hdd. But now that I'm done with those hdd's...I wont be spending anything on it.

I like gadgets...I think most men do. :P but then again, I buy a few clothes here and there...

I bought the following recently:

1. Panasonic DV Camera NV-GS200 for $1800.00

2. O2 XDAIIs for $1300.00

http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/0d/44/c1_1_b.JPG

3. Samsung Laser Printer

4. 3 x time delay safe for my equipments

5. Gigabit switch, wireless router/modem, 200GB hard drives

6. 2 pairs of suits $1200.00

7. 2 pairs of Florsheim shoes $400.00

8. Breitling watch $3500.00

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/sleeperagent/IMGA3624.jpg

Am I a shopping addict???

This year, the only stuff I will probably buy is a new laptop because I'm going to give to my sister my Toshiba and my brother will get the IBM.

Oh...I need an Asics trainers for when I go to Manila. That's all for 2005 i think...I hope so!

i do shop a lot!  :D

but i try not to maximize my credit cards (most of the time) since it's automatically debited to my dad's account!  :hypocritesmiley:

i'm not into branded things too... i'd rather have those that fits well and that costs reasonably.  quality-wise is also a criterion anyway! :) :)

the last things i shopped? and that was last week... a pair of sandals, several and i mean, several nice-fitting shirts, stuffs for my nieces and nephew, toiletries! :)

i agree with you wvette. im not into branded stuffs too, i prefer those things that looks good on me though i do admit that signatured clothes are really great. :thumbsupsmiley:

i love to shop but i make sure im not overspending on it. i try to budget my shopping.

the last thing i bought was a blouse and a tank top from top shop. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I last posted here.

Because of the change of season - I have been buying pants and jeans. I got a pair of jeans from Express and another one from Old Navy - on sale at 50% off.

I got 2 pairs of slacks from Jones New York and another 2 pairs from Ann Taylor - all on sale. Also got another pair of slacks from Old Navy because they were having a clearance sale.

:D

hmmnnn...i am a seasonal shopping addict :P :upside:

last items i bought were dress pants from JNY, Dex, and Jacob; dress shirts from JNY, liz claiborne, and Tristan; a black party dress from Evan Picone; a burgundy purse from nine west, a pointed high heeled shoes from Franco Sarto; and a scarf from Anne Klein...

next target purchases:

winter shoes

black leather shoes :D

sheeesh...im a self proclaimed shop-a-holic!

i shop when i'm ecstatic, when im off and low, whenever i see a sale..darn..its sale or no sale..i shop even if it means emptying my pocket and leave me penniless for weeks..i shop to feel good about myself..which by the way, never helps..argghhh..help! :D

used to be... got this weird habit of buying all the colors of something na nagustuhan ko. :rolleyes: or buying something just because its cute or something weird. can't go home from the mall without holding lots of shopping bags! sometimes naman kc i don't buy for myself. i'm generous to friends and i like giving gifts.

but lately, i'm trying to resist the urge to splurge because of my hunny. he's making me regulate my spending habits and turning me into a sensible, practical gurl. and believe me, though it's hard, i appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...