Beer Drinkers -- What Is Your Beer?

really big fan of super dry here. Its not widely distributed kasi i think San Miguel targets it for a selected market.. its available mostly to more upscale patrons/consumers. Very good beer. I also love Cerveza but neither beer is good for the belly

right. many beer drinkers drink SMB or SML because its cheaper and widely available. super dry is just offered in upscale bars and restos. and you will seldom find it in convenience stores like 7-11 and ministop. just the SMB and SML.

Super Dry :cool: is way better than Lite (to be honest for me its watered down crap) :sick:

I never liked SML anyway. Light in calories, light in taste. Mas masarap pa rin kung medyo matapang.

You're right. SML tastes like water piss. :lol:

super dry lagi namin inoorder kapag nasa sumthing's fishy kami nag-iinom....

Didn't know they offer Super Dry at Something's Fishy.

How much for a bucket, sir?

This is also my beer of choice... as you said it is clean tasting with no aftertaste

plus personally, I get little or no hangover from drinking this particular beer...

I wish they could come out with a "light" version of this though... you know... less calories ;)

I agree with you, especially the hangover part. which rarely happens with Super Dry.

It's a good idea if San Miguel will come up with a "light" version of Super Dry.

No problem with me if they increase prices just to do that. :thumbsupsmiley:

Whenever available, I choose Superdry

.....yun nga lang hindi sya available sa mga sari-sari store....at videokehan....at tapsilogan.....at walastikan :lol:

Yun nga ang problema, sir. Pahirapan bumili nito. Only a few bars/ restos offer Super Dry on their menu.

So I often opt to go buy my Super Dry (in can) at SM Hypermarket/ Landmark. 6-pack para mas mura.

issue kasi with super dry is the availability. its not available everywhere unlike SML and SMB. but its my first choice whenever available :thumbsupsmiley:

Yup, talagang mahirap hanapin ito. Tapos pag malas mo pa, naubusan ka na kasi marami nang

nauna mag-order kaysa sa'yo. <_<

Ito rin ang una kong hinahanap pag nasa bar ako.

BTW, nice sig. :thumbsupsmiley:

really big fan of super dry here. Its not widely distributed kasi i think San Miguel targets it for a selected market.. its available mostly to more upscale patrons/consumers. Very good beer. I also love Cerveza but neither beer is good for the belly

I don't really understand why is Super Dry offered only in selected markets.

Afford naman siguro ng karamihan. Or maybe it's just the price difference. Not really sure.

Speaking of both beers being our bellies' enemies, that's true. Calorie content lang kasi nagkatalo.

Yup, talagang mahirap hanapin ito. Tapos pag malas mo pa, naubusan ka na kasi marami nang

kaya nga sir. hindi sila nagsostock ng madami ng super dry. mas mabili kasi ang SML and pale.

tnx sir :D

Edited by m777

kaya nga sir. hindi sila nagsostock ng madami ng super dry. mas mabili kasi ang SML and pale.

tnx sir :D

Edited by m777
for the last 2 to 3 years i'm an SML fan... but recently, i change my preference to pale pilsen/super dry... SML would taste bland once your taste were used to pale pilsen/super dry... also, i noticed that when you're too drunk from SML, lakas hangover and sakit sa ulo....

i noticed that too sir

I personally like SMB Super Dry. It's clean-tasting, with no aftertaste.

Always goes good with any meal or snack.

I'm just wondering, why is Super Dry not in demand like Pale Pilsen or San Mig Light?

Masarap naman, pero partang hindi masyado pinapansin.

Minsan lang ako makahanap ng bar na nagtitinda nito. Hindi raw kasi mabenta.

Let the discussion begin. All relevant and sensible posts will be appreciated. :)

i think the reason why it didn't take off was the price... used to be more expensive than pale pilsen... pareho na ba price ngayon?

for the last 2 to 3 years i'm an SML fan... but recently, i change my preference to pale pilsen/super dry... SML would taste bland once your taste were used to pale pilsen/super dry... also, i noticed that when you're too drunk from SML, lakas hangover and sakit sa ulo....

Nagtataka nga rtin ako bakit ganun. Iba ang tama ng SML. It's supposed to be "light", pero heavy sa ulo.

i think the reason why it didn't take off was the price... used to be more expensive than pale pilsen... pareho na ba price ngayon?

Last time I checked, SML and SMB was P27.50 at SM Hypermarket. Super Dry was P29.

Although I don't mind about the price difference. Basta ba wag nila palitan ang quality. :thumbsupsmiley:

Super Dry was the beer of choice of Makati Yuppies during the early 90's until mid 90's

then came Ice and Strong Ice in the late 90's

when SML was introduced in 2000, it became a FAD

because of it's so called low cal low cab content

SML is definitely low-carb, but I'll stick to my all-time favorite Super Dry.

After wondering how is SML being manufactured without all those calories,

a friend explained all I need to know. Tsk tsk.

Personally, I prefer Super Dry but if a bar or restaurant does not keep it in stock, I usually settle for the classic Pale Pilsen

Now, that's something we have in common.

1st choice: Super Dry.

2nd choice: Pale Pilsen

(teka, may pahabol....)

3rd choice: Red Horse

If any of these are not available, I'll go look for another drinking place.

(teka, may pahabol....)

I definitely agree....

1st Super Dry :thumbsupsmiley: 2nd Pale Pilsen :upside: 3rd Red horse... :sleepysmiley03:

I doubt if they dnt serve any of these beers...

yan lagi ang hinahanap... specially redhorse...

(teka, may pahabol....)

care to explain how?

Super Dry lovers should also try Asahi.

But still nothing beats the taste of Pale (very comparable to the German "Pils").

Im only getting Super Dry if Im in a Kaber-ney Saw-vi-nyo mood.

SanMigLight is tasteless.

If there's no Pale, I usually just get me a gin and tonic.