New Jersey Nets

• 2 weeks later...

There are rumors circulating that the Nets would be trading Jason Kidd anytime soon.. :blink: Any truth on the matter? I would not be surprised if VC (or even RJ) gets traded.. But Kidd, na-ah.. If the Nets are really looking to trade Kidd, then they should be out of their mind.. He might be aging but he is still a walking triple double just waiting to explode anytime..

Any news on the matter?

There are rumors circulating that the Nets would be trading Jason Kidd anytime soon.. :blink: Any truth on the matter? I would not be surprised if VC (or even RJ) gets traded.. But Kidd, na-ah.. If the Nets are really looking to trade Kidd, then they should be out of their mind.. He might be aging but he is still a walking triple double just waiting to explode anytime..

Any news on the matter?

Rod Thorn, Nets GM, has been saying in recent interviews he'll consider all options just to make the Nets a better team, and that includes trading Kidd if he has to. The Nets were underperforming the first 2 months of the season and currently have an 18-20 win-loss record. (Still in first place in the pathetic Atlantic Division.)

Plus, Kidd is in the middle of what's turning out to be a bitter and messy divorce. Some are worried that he may lose his focus on the basketball court which, if it becomes reality, will definitely hurt the Nets.

Let's face it, this is probably the last hurrah of Kidd. Things would become worse for him...

But I think trading him would be wrong. Try trading VC. That would be much better...

I agree. When Carter's playing well, he's great. But when he's awful, he really SUCKS! There are times (especially in critical moments) when I feel na takot siyang sumaksak sa loob and just settles for jump shots.

The Nets should also rid themselves of Jason Collins. :thumbsdownsmiley: This guy should not be in the starting rotation. He is a backup Center at best.

I agree. When Carter's playing well, he's great. But when he's awful, he really SUCKS! There are times (especially in critical moments) when I feel na takot siyang sumaksak sa loob and just settles for jump shots.

The Nets should also rid themselves of Jason Collins. :thumbsdownsmiley: This guy should not be in the starting rotation. He is a backup Center at best.

i remember jason collins in the finals series against the lakers before, soobrang bano nya against shaq haha. its like he's never improved!

i've always been puzzled at why the nets suck so bad, yes they are atop the atlantic div, but look at their standings?? below .500! with a PG like kidd whose a walking triple double guy, as mentioned in a previous post, why can't the nets suceed? i though RJ was like the next big superstar? hindi na rin ngimprove game nya, and VC is not getting younger, he's but a shade of his former self. sometimes you can see a spec of brilliance, but thats all he can muster. so a trade at this point in time might be a good idea.

i remember jason collins in the finals series against the lakers before, soobrang bano nya against shaq haha. its like he's never improved!

i've always been puzzled at why the nets suck so bad, yes they are atop the atlantic div, but look at their standings?? below .500! with a PG like kidd whose a walking triple double guy, as mentioned in a previous post, why can't the nets suceed? i though RJ was like the next big superstar? hindi na rin ngimprove game nya, and VC is not getting younger, he's but a shade of his former self. sometimes you can see a spec of brilliance, but thats all he can muster. so a trade at this point in time might be a good idea.

I agree with your assessment. Speaking of RJ, medyo nakakabanas din siyang panoorin once in a while. He has a tendency to be careless with his moves on the court. He is so prone to committing turnovers, offensive fouls, and travelling violations. I saw an NBA write-up on RJ one time and it said that even though he is a very talented and skilled player, he has a low efficiency rating because of the errors and useless fouls he tends to commit.

Richard Jefferson is a good player, no doubt. But I've always felt that he is overrated. He is always touted as a franchise player in the future and the upside of his game is huge.

Now, look at him. His perimeter shooting is inconsistent at best. His defense is always lauded but come on. He can't guard a good player, much so an All Star.

What happens to JKidd's free throw routine?

Isn't it that the receivers of that kiss are his wife and his kid?

Will it be more specific?

You're right. The kisses were for his wife and kids.

Now that he's divorcing his wife, he has changed his "kiss" a bit. I saw it in the Nets game last night against Orlando. The way he moves his hand is similar to wiping something off his lips. :lol:

Edited by willow_boy
Richard Jefferson is a good player, no doubt. But I've always felt that he is overrated. He is always touted as a franchise player in the future and the upside of his game is huge.

Now, look at him. His perimeter shooting is inconsistent at best. His defense is always lauded but come on. He can't guard a good player, much so an All Star.

totally agree with your assessment. uber overrates si RJ. he's following in the footsteps of juwan howard and kwame brown. posterized as the next frachise player but never really got their careers going. is it because of the coaching i wonder? or lack of initiative from the players?

• 2 weeks later...

The NETS lost by 36 points against Orlando - bummer!

I feel bad for my idol Jason Kidd. No, not because he was held scoreless but because the Nets suffered another loss. With RJ and Krstic out with injuries, what more could go wrong? They're just 3-wins below .500 anyway so there's still hope. But man, I really agree with you guys with the VC trade. I'd gladly stick with K-Mart anytime!

The NETS need a serious low-post threat, PERIOD. Someone in the mold of KG or even Drew Gooden, perhaps. Our team have always been soft in the middle. Ho-hum!

Wake up, Mr. GM!!! :boo:

^ The Nets would probably have to settle with a Magloire or someone like that since the Wolves are contending for a playoff spot right now.

Sorry, Nets fans, but in my opinion, Carter is not more of an All Star this season than Gordon, Okafor and Deng.

This team is underperforming and they got two All Stars? Kidd, I could understand. But Half-Man, Half Amazing, Total Slacker? Please.

NJ 99-101 ATL

Another sorry loss! :( Tough luck! Heartbreaker after another heartbreaker. Geezzz... it ought to be our team's Theme Song right now. VC scored 27 in the game BUT Joe Johnson made two points less than that in the second half alone. Grrr! Another day in the office for Kidd (13p 11a 5r) but sadly - NO WIN. :grr:

When will RJ and Nenad suit up?

When will they trade VC for a frontcourt bluecollar worker or two? :goatee:

Just asking... <_<

When will we ever learn to close out a tightly-fought contest?

The NETS dropped another game to the tune of 100-98 versus the SIXERS! Another OT... Another close call... :grr:

More Stats? Jason Kidd had another wonderful performance to the tune of 14pts 7rebs 8asts while Half-Man Half-Annoying VC scored 23pts with 10 rebs on a pathetic 8 of 23 shooting! <_<

How about this: The Sixers starting frontcourt out-scored their Nets counterpart by 15 points (33-18)!

The signs are written on the wall, when will Mr. Thorn see it? We don't need VC... RJ or A-Wright can play that SG spot... the NETS went to the NBA Finals with Kerry Kittles there... WE NEED A LOW-POST PRESENCE. :evil:

The last time out... we were torched by Joe Johnson/SG.Hawks then now, we were torched by Andre Iguodala/SG.Sixers... shooting guards... -_- who's supposed to be guarding them again? Just asking! :grr:

I still believe the NETS can deliver... Jason Kidd's still with them! :cool:

I agree. VC should go. Isama na rin si Jason Collins. These 2 are pathetic. :angry:

I'm also welcome to the idea of replacing Lawrence Frank. Relies too much on VC to make those last-second shots even if the other guys like Eddie House and Nachbar are playing well. :thumbsdownsmiley:

The Nets ought to try and recruit Marc Jackson to be the Nets Head Coach.

Edited by willow_boy

i really think they need somebody downlow they can count on...

vince i think is too much for the team... he shoots too much without

real guarantees... if they had a powerful rebound player, i would be ok if they shoot

hell from the outside since they'll be confident somebody's getting their

misses.

WOO-HOO!!! A WIN... FINALLY!!! :D

It isn't a big win but it's still a WIN! The NETS exacted revenge on the Hawks defeating them 87-85.

Great closing out efforts by Carter (22p 9r) and splendid over-all performance by Kidd (9p 9r 7a)! But my hat's off to Eddie House and Mikki Moore as they combined for 35p on a combined 13 of 21 shooting. The decision to use double-teaming defense on Joe Johnson paid off but our NETS still needed TREMENDOUS effort to put away the lowly Hawks. You're not off the hook VC! Speaking as a NET FAN... I still want you out of my favorite team. And yeah, Jason Collins should go, too. He played long minutes again... 24! and he produced ONLY 4 rebounds. :grr:

Anyway... thanks for the win guys! Let's keep this up! :thumbsupsmiley:

BACK-2-BACK WIN!!! :cool:

NETS ROLL PAST CELTICS IN PIERCE'S RETURN! :evil:

The Score: 92-78 The story: http://www.nba.com/games/20070209/NJNBOS/recap.html

Finally, after that four-game losing streak... our team is on a roll again!

VC led the NETS with 21 pts (on a another dismal shooting night :angry: ) and Jason Kidd had another near-triple-double with 13 pts 9 rebs 8 asts showing!

Delonte West led the CELTICS with 21 points while comebacking Paul Pierce struggled with 4 of 16 shooting making a total of 9 pts off-the-bench! :D

Believe... NETS FANS... Believe! :thumbsupsmiley:

makikigulo lang mga parekoy....

tom nets v magic...

tatambakan nanaman kayo ng orlando.. hehehehe

heHe! I can still remember that last game with Orlando. That game leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. :grr:

It's gonna be a tough one, I know. Their best player plays underneath the basket and the NETS has a big hole which needs to be filled in the middle. Tapos injured pa si Nenad Krstic. :cry:

It's gonna be tough but I'm sure there's no way the MAGIC can beat my NETS the same way they did the last time. And malay mo... talunin pa nila Orlando! :evil: