#1 E-poc

E-poc

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:crafts, leather, wood, guns, brandy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm practically looking for a Industrial Designer who can teach me and fellow MTC members develop this skill. I've read a few books and watched videos online on how to develop this skill. However, I find some topics technical and I'm having problems understanding them and how to execute them in my sketches.

#2 bradburrycrabtree

bradburrycrabtree

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Like anything, I suppose design sketching is a skill. And skills need practicing to hone and master.

PUT ASS TO CHAIR as my old editor used to put it, gotta do the work to get the results...

#3 blue+george

blue+george

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

hey guys, need some tutorial hand sketch, painting skills (canvass and digital) i love to draw but i guess i need to up the ante. :) i like marvel's jim lee style, or whilce, or anime style. hopefully i'd like to make a comic book of my own :)  

#4 tigertrap

tigertrap

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Dog, Fishing, Photography, Painting , Guns & Basketball

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Practice practice and practice, you need to learn anatomy, yes that's right anatomy.

So you will know which and what bones/muscles are and how they would react on certain postures. It lays the rule in proportionality. If your interested with drawing ala Marvel/DC style. There is a term called Hero proportion, it is basically an emphasis of certain features like the eyes,shoulder, arm/leg lenght and jaw lines (even hair) even the height is counted at 9 heads instead of the standard 7.5

Grab a book by Andrew Loomis (illustration and human anatomy drawing) or Christopher Hart, Drawing cutting edge anatomy (its for comic book artist)

On a related note, I am a fan of Whilce Protacio and even have an mint copy of his "Wetworks" issue 1

#5 Marlenetiert

Marlenetiert

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:52 PM

Hi. Im only seeing this now as I was off-line for a few days not counting work. I think the design and layout is pretty good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users