Photo

One Of The Better Love Stories Of Our Time...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 johndoe2-1

johndoe2-1

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

never play online..

#22 JTKIRK66

JTKIRK66

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

The article is the story of almost everyone who seeks a relationship on line , to seek one on line means you've lost fairh in fate, that one moment the arrow of Eros pierces your heart and "the soulmate" the spark will never happen. To trust on line people explicitly is like opening up your homes n lives to the manson family to butcher you up. "Evernody lies" as one great tv doctor said cynical or jaded
, everybody lies , especially on line.

#23 Black Cobra

Black Cobra

Venom

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Interests:Girls...
    Golds...
    Guns...

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

Romeo and Juliet

#24 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

The Lightworker

• 5,177 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

This is an article I stumbled upon the internet,

now I've trolled on internet boards before, but damn this is way too much. I don't think I have the stomach for this.

----

the article is here

an excerpt

Ever since we crawled out of the mud and started hitting each other over the head with rocks, attraction has worked this way: I see you across the room. You see me. Something clicks. We approach. We talk. If there’s some kind of connection between our inner selves — even if it’s just a mutual desire to rub chocolate pudding over each other’s naughty bits — we get on with the business at hand. But the Internet has turned things upside down. Now, things work the other way around. Our inner selves meet and connect, and then we get to the raw, physical-attraction thing. And while it’s painful to learn that someone you find physically attractive doesn’t go for you, how much more painful to find that someone whose soul speaks to you across the series of tubes that make up the World Wide Web doesn’t go for your fat ass and spotty face.

you should really check out the article, the writer is very good and I enjoyed reading this cautionary tale about the interwebs.

The link is somewhat non-existent  anymore  as I kept on trying to opening it but to no avail -  which only made your post likely rudimentary or incomplete.  I should have made some invigorating annotation based on the full length of the article if only I could have read it earlier.  Makes me ‘sigh’ too.

Anyway, let me give you some insight based on the concept of your thread.

“One of the Better love stories of our time” – the title itself makes anyone inspired regardless of her/his relationship status in real life.  Especially if it’s really happening and you are experiencing it not necessarily within yourself but you see it from others.

But if you look at the content of the story based on your  thread’s comments, I’d say,  it’s just a product of imagination.  And the art of creativeness is at its best.  This is one of the reasons why so many writers in this genre succeeded because many  readers patronize this so well.  So there’s no real thing in there.

Come to think of it, “falling for someone” on the net may usually happen or is indeed happening.  In fact, this is just a fad ever since the emergence of the internet technology.  This is also the reason why the entrepreneurial  sense of many “Dating sites” are considerably booming.  

But, still, it’s hard to come up anything virtual on the net as there’s no  basis to say that what is happening is indeed genuine. Nothing beats the real life.

#25 Jon Mohan

Jon Mohan

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

Twilight

#26 olrac3184

olrac3184

Legendary

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Muay Thai;mountaineering;having fun;

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

the animated movie Up =)

#27 Marlenetiert

Marlenetiert

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Annabelle Creation is the best of the Conjuring franchise, in my opinion. More interesting though, is that it seems that the story is a metaphor for time becoming a living force. Do you agree?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users