Thanks for the great advice guys😁. I was thinking of buy, hold and sell as well in developing areas or potential areas to be developed. With rumors of the chinese waiting to snatch up lands in our country Im development is going to boom in the next few years or decade. Will so more research into this endeavor.

Thanks for the great advice guys😁. I was thinking of buy, hold and sell as well in developing areas or potential areas to be developed. With rumors of the chinese waiting to snatch up lands in our country Im development is going to boom in the next few years or decade. Will so more research into this endeavor.

You mean just buy and hold "LAND" and incur all recurring cost/expenses without regular income on that piece of dirt and while waiting for 5,10,15 or 30 years for that piece of dirt to appreciate? Well if that would give you peace of mind since its a physical asset (meaning you can see and touch it), then thats ok i guess. Pero ako personally, I wouldn't do it. For asset appreciation/growth wont help with regular cash flow kya i would personally stick to residential rental, stocks/ETFs or mutual funds. But that's just me who's goal (of financial independence) might be different from yours.

Edited by JohannBeckham

Thanks for the great advice guys. I was thinking of buy, hold and sell as well in developing areas or potential areas to be developed. With rumors of the chinese waiting to snatch up lands in our country Im development is going to boom in the next few years or decade. Will so more research into this endeavor.

I like the word you use, "snatch" because foreigners like Chinese cannot legally buy land. :D:D

You mean just buy and hold "LAND" and incur all recurring cost/expenses without regular income on that piece of dirt and while waiting for 5,10,15 or 30 years for that piece of dirt to appreciate? Well if that would give you peace of mind since its a physical asset (meaning you can see and touch it), then thats ok i guess. Pero ako personally, I wouldn't do it. For asset appreciation/growth wont help with regular cash flow kya i would personally stick to residential rental, stocks/ETFs or mutual funds. But that's just me who's goal (of financial independence) might be different from yours.

Still doing research on this. My grand father did this but he also put those lands into use. I’m somewhere along the same path. Just too bad he passed away a long time ago. Been talking to my uncle and aunts on what he did back then but also asking around as well since the times have changed. Then either sell the property or just boost and continue using it depending on what happens.

I like the word you use, "snatch" because foreigners like Chinese cannot legally buy land. :D:D

Hahaha. I know lol. My grandpa was an illegal from Hong Kong and he snatched up dirt cheap lands for use in coco lumber and copra business decades ago. He put those properties under my grandma and their kid’s name.

Still doing research on this. My grand father did this but he also put those lands into use. I’m somewhere along the same path. Just too bad he passed away a long time ago. Been talking to my uncle and aunts on what he did back then but also asking around as well since the times have changed. Then either sell the property or just boost and continue using it depending on what happens.

Hahaha. I know lol. My grandpa was an illegal from Hong Kong and he snatched up dirt cheap lands for use in coco lumber and copra business decades ago. He put those properties under my grandma and their kid’s name.

Ayus. Good luck. Study it well.

• 3 weeks later...

Mukhang no choice ako kundi gamitin ang buffer fund ko. Less than the projected budget ang dumarating na projects. Buti na Lang sa kuryente at net Lang ako magastos.

I decided to buy 2 Bond Funds to offset the paper losses I incurred from the market blood bath. Ipon pa Rin ako ng pambili ng pang-PCA para umangat nang kaunti ang port value ko.

Current losses in the market at 26.5%

*Whew!*

Edited by neville

Mukhang no choice ako kundi gamitin ang buffer fund ko. Less than the projected budget ang dumarating na projects. Buti na Lang sa kuryente at net Lang ako magastos.

I decided to buy 2 Bond Funds to offset the paper losses I incurred from the market blood bath. Ipon pa Rin ako ng pambili ng pang-PCA para umangat nang kaunti ang port value ko.

*Whew!*

Tapang ni Neville buying bond bonds when interest rates are going down (i dont foresee interest rate going up anytime soon, but i could be surprise)

*Whew!*

PSEI is down only 19% (6,209/7742-1), tataas din yan Neville. Always think 3 years from now. :)

PSEI is down only 19% (6,209/7742-1), tataas din yan Neville. Always think 3 years from now. :)

Yep, listening to various RFPs assured me that the economy and the market will go up. As long as my goal is investing, not trading, letting time run its course will make my port green again.

Ayun, anim na mutual funds ko. :D

• Like (+1) 1

Yep, listening to various RFPs assured me that the economy and the market will go up. As long as my goal is investing, not trading, letting time run its course will make my port green again.

Ayun, anim na mutual funds ko. :D

Savings rate will trump ROI. Kya Save and invest lng regularly (Dollar Cost Averaging), sa huli ikaw rin ang mag wawagi.

Can't wait for the salary to come (akinse)pra makapag invest na ulit.

As of 20200706

2020 Financial Goals

Non-Net Worth:

Insurance:

* Save up for parents' emergency bills to $8K (currently at $6K)

* Increase college savings of children to $27K by year-end (currently at $25K)

Net Worth:

Property

* Reduce total debt to $42K by year-end (currently at $48K)

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $52K by year-end (currently at $51K)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to $290K by year- end (currently at $279K)

Savings for Current Use

* Buttress business fund to $100K by-year end (currently at $172K) -- MET

Savings for Retirement/Future Use

* Grow retirement savings to $210K by year-end (currently at $160K)

* Drum up social security savings to $192K by year-end (currently at $183K) (Note: PV at $360K for age 62)

* Increase % of paid tax vs deferred tax in my Retirement savings to 25% (currently at 29%). -- MET

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Tapang ni Neville buying bond bonds when interest rates are going down (i dont foresee interest rate going up anytime soon, but i could be surprise)

Actually, low risk nga kung bonds ang bibilhin ngayon...pero syempre mabagal at mababa ang return. And not all bonds are going down. Medyo umaangat na nga ngayon. You can check Bond ETFs and you will see na yung iba ay going up.

• Like (+1) 1

Hehe. Finally, I can buy real bonds and not mere bond mutual funds.

Naglabas ang BSP ng RTBs. May partner app na Rin siya, bonds.ph

2.65% Lang Ang interest. Paltry, but it is a real step for me to diversify assets. 15k muna bubunuin ko dahil test pa lang at mabagal pa dating ng Kita.

Sabay natanggap ako sa isa pang freelance job na magagamit ko sa labas Ang skill.

Mas masayang problema at time management NG maraming gagawin kesa sa walang ginagawa. Mas mataas Ang self-fulfillment.

Looking forward to Greener days ahead. :-)

Edited by neville
  • Like (+1) 2

Hehe. Finally, I can buy real bonds and not mere bond mutual funds.

Naglabas ang BSP ng RTBs. May partner app na Rin siya, bonds.ph

2.65% Lang Ang interest. Paltry, but it is a real step for me to diversify assets. 15k muna bubunuin ko dahil test pa lang at mabagal pa dating ng Kita.

Sabay natanggap ako sa isa pang freelance job na magagamit ko sa labas Ang skill.

Mas masayang problema at time management NG maraming gagawin kesa sa walang ginagawa. Mas mataas Ang self-fulfillment.

Looking forward to Greener days ahead. :-)

2.65% is great. How long you have to hold?

Congrats to what seemed like a great couple of days for you Donya N!

Okay, recoup. Nagiging takaw-mata na ako sa mga investment methods. Baka mapalayo ako sa financial goals ko kakapatol sa mga investment instruments.

Pero papatulan ko yung RTB 24 Bonds. 15K lang, makita at maramdaman ko lang ang passive investment.

Pathetic ang rates. Pantulong talaga sa pamahalaan at sa bayan. Sabi nga ni Rienzie ng Wealth Arki, "2.15% net interest? PWE!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am looking at coop investing via Colayco's KSK coop and real estate crowdfunding via flint. Nag-alangan ako sa REITs dahil pihadong bumaba ang occupancy rates.

Ipon muna. Tutok muna sa pagpapalaki ng cash on hand para sa stocks, mutual funds, at buffer funds.

Dahil 50K ang minimum ng KSK, ipon pa. flint has a minimum of 1K. Pero palalakihin ko rin yon.

Sama ko na ang structure sa daily routine. Balik trabaho na pagkatapos nito. :)

.....Still wondering if I should cook Pomodoro or Arrabiata tomorrow :D :D :D

• Like (+1) 1

Okay, recoup. Nagiging takaw-mata na ako sa mga investment methods. Baka mapalayo ako sa financial goals ko kakapatol sa mga investment instruments.

Pero papatulan ko yung RTB 24 Bonds. 15K lang, makita at maramdaman ko lang ang passive investment.

Pathetic ang rates. Pantulong talaga sa pamahalaan at sa bayan. Sabi nga ni Rienzie ng Wealth Arki, "2.15% net interest? PWE!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am looking at coop investing via Colayco's KSK coop and real estate crowdfunding via flint. Nag-alangan ako sa REITs dahil pihadong bumaba ang occupancy rates.

Ipon muna. Tutok muna sa pagpapalaki ng cash on hand para sa stocks, mutual funds, at buffer funds.

Dahil 50K ang minimum ng KSK, ipon pa. flint has a minimum of 1K. Pero palalakihin ko rin yon.

Sama ko na ang structure sa daily routine. Balik trabaho na pagkatapos nito. :)

.....Still wondering if I should cook Pomodoro or Arrabiata tomorrow :D :D :D

Pomodoro Donya N!

Push natin yang mga investments mo. Bili ka rin Gold sabi ni Don PP. :)

Pomodoro Donya N!

Wahahahaha..pero lapit na mag-plus60% GLD ko...ayaw magpaawat 😂

Sobrang diversified ng investment ni Donya Neville. Baka after 10yrs may makalimutan kang investment Neville ha?! 😂✌️

Syangapala Donya Neville, wag kang umasang mabilis at mataas ang return sa bonds...stable sya kumpara sa equities pero parang pagong ang pag-usad 😂

Pomodoro Donya N!

Wahahahaha..pero lapit na mag-plus60% GLD ko...ayaw magpaawat

Sobrang diversified ng investment ni Donya Neville. Baka after 10yrs may makalimutan kang investment Neville ha?! ✌️

Syangapala Donya Neville, wag kang umasang mabilis at mataas ang return sa bonds...stable sya kumpara sa equities pero parang pagong ang pag-usad

Pomodoro it is....pero dahil isang lata na lang pala ang peeled tomatoes ko, at tinatamad akong bumili ng kamatis sa labas, mukhang pang-solo o duo servings lang magagawa ko. Normally, pang 6 servings ako magluto. Ewan, siguro kasi nasanay akong manood sa mga pinsan at tita ko na pang-handaan lagi niluluto nila. Kaya subconsciously, ganoon na rin ako maghanda. Pag namimili ako ng gulay sa talipapa, mahina ang 300 kasi pang-ilang araw na ulam agad iyon. Hehehe

Gold? Nasa US market lang ang commodities di ba? Wala pang commodities market dito sa Pilipinas. Ipon din ako para diyan.

Sabi ni Fitz Villafuerte sa live stream niya, wag daw aasa masyado sa paper assets, lalo na para sa passive income ko. Iba pa rin ang may business o real estate. Kaso, I don't see myself as entrepreneurial, and yung pinautang ko para sa negosyo niya ay nagtatago na. Galing. Laban-bawi ngayon ang 50K ko. Hahahahahaha.

Since wala akong milyones in cash, at ayoko ng abala ng tenant o makiharap sa tao AT ALL, flint crowdfunding and REITs are soooo attractive to me. I get income, and someone else does the dirty work for me :)

Hindi diversified ang instruments ko, di tulad sa inyo, MRS at PP. I have seven stocks (I plan to get rid of three to focus on dividend investing), 1 equity mutual fund, 2 equity index fund, 1 dividend mutual fund, 2 bond funds, 1 time deposit, at savings accounts for my budget and buffer fund. Yung dalawang VUL at 1 Term Life Insurance ko ay hindi naman investment...more on forced savings and security lang pag nagkasakit ako nang malala o natigok.

That's why I like the idea of buying bonds. Them safe and boring bonds. May puti na buhok ko, o milyones ang isasaksak ko para masaya ang interest na makukuha ko. PAG-IBIG MP2 sana, kaso naiirita ako sa bagal kumilos ng PAG-IBIG at ng accredited collecting agency, scrap na lang iyon. Baka sumakit lang ulo ko pagtagal, lalo na pag kukunin ko na ang pera ko.

So, I will go with KSK Cooperative instead. Matagal na siya at mas madaling maghanap ng member feedback kung okay siya.

Tapos yung flint real estate crowdfunding para sa short term capital gains.

Ipon pa rin para may cash reserve ako. On paper last year, 2M nga halaga ko, hindi ko naman maramdaman. Dapat sa savings account ko makita na may spare 1M ako para masabi kong lumalapit na talaga ako sa financial goal ko.

--passive income of 100K monthly:

Stock Dividend Investing

REITs

KSK Coop

Bonds

--capital gains

flint

stocks

mutual funds

--cash reserve

time deposits

savings account

--protection

Life insurance

Bucket List:

Retirement Property (Condo in the city or Farm in the Province)

• Like (+1) 2

bonds help smooth the ride when investing in the stock market. Many people i know have it if they dont want to take too much risk. I personally do not have bonds in my portfolio since mataas ang risk appetite ko at malayo pa ang investing time horizon ko kya i dont need bonds right now. Plus, bond price goes down when interest rates goes up. Hindi ko nmn nakikita na tataas ang interest rates anytime soon pero im sure with the interest rates as low as close to zero in other countries, it will go up eventually.

Instead of bonds, i prefer dividend income na nkukuha ko in my index fund ETF so ok na rin yun. But this is just me. I might dabble on bonds maybe close to financial independence when i just want to preserve my wealth more than growing them.

In the end, you do you, its PERSONAL finance anyway, so listen to what your "risk meter" is telling you and decide from there.

Edited by JohannBeckham
  • Like (+1) 1

Actually 2.15% net is a good passive income (AKA yield)each year - better than holding cash in time deposits (~1.5-2.0), savings (~1.0), or worse, alkansya.

In US right now, we have paltry 1.26% annual yield for 30 year bonds.

Analysis: 2.15% > 1.26%

Conclusion: Duterte beats Trump :D :D :lol:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/bonds

I guess you have to adjust it base on inflation rate.

U.S. Inflation rate as of Jun 2020 = 0.6%

Phils Inflation rate aa of Jun 2020 = 2.5%

Therefore using your example above, inflation adjusted given yield:

Phils- 2.15% - 2.5% = -0.35% (NEGATIVE)

U.S. - 1.26% - 0.6% = 0.66% (POSITIVE)

Both yield sucks, but TRUMP beats Duterte by 1.01% inflation adjusted. Both sucks but Duterte sucks even more.

Source:

https://www.bls.gov/cpi/

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/statistics/spei_new/tab34_inf.htm

Edited by JohannBeckham

I guess you have to adjust it base on inflation rate.

U.S. Inflation rate as of Jun 2020 = 0.6%

Phils Inflation rate aa of Jun 2020 = 2.5%

Therefore using your example above, inflation adjusted given yield:

Phils- 2.15% - 2.5% = -0.35% (NEGATIVE)

U.S. - 1.26% - 0.6% = 0.66% (POSITIVE)

Both yield sucks, but TRUMP beats Duterte by 1.01% inflation adjusted. Both sucks but Duterte sucks even more.

Source:

https://www.bls.gov/cpi/

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/statistics/spei_new/tab34_inf.htm

Nice analysis Don JBe. Oo nga Trump beats Duterte for now hehe. :)