Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

not necessarily faster but at least when you run multiple programs it your computer wont be bogged down so much. multicore can make your programs faster if it written to handle multiple processors. the more the processors, the faster the program is processed. if its just your run of the mill program (which is most porgrams out there) they will only use one of the cores. but again if you have two cores, two programs na, they will each use a core or alternate between cores (OS na nag mamanage nun). if you have 3 programs running na and two cores, ayun salit salitan ulit but with less resources assignable per program. alam mo naman ang OS maraming programs yan running underneath the hood, so definitely having two cores will impact not on the speed of the program, but on how in general, your program will handle the bottleneck and slow down.

im using a p4 1.5ghz 512 Ram, my prob is bakit kaya ang tagal ng boot up ,especially dun sa part na may "windows logo" sa umpisa, mga 4mins yan di tumatakbo, di naman nagbabasa HD. after that tuloy tuloy na. ive triedn reformating again n again pero same.

hi! can you recommend any wireless routers na malakas ang speed and range. my budget is around 4k or less. thank you.

we have a variety of brands of wireless routers. :thumbsupsmiley:

namely D-Link, LinkSys and MSI.

here's what i recommend

Linksys WRT54GS Speedbooster P3,380 only. (for speed)

Linksys WRE54g Range Expander P4,100 only. (for range)

Linksys WRT54G WiFi G Router P2,780 only.(cheapest of linksys but quality wise)

D-Link DI-524+ WiFi G Router P2,250 only.

i suggest you buy linksys or dlink for easy configuration.. :thumbsupsmiley:

pm me or add me at my ym morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com for more questions.. :thumbsupsmiley:

or visit our website for list of prices.. http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/downloads/pric..._lettersize.pdf

Why's my laptop soooooooooooooooo slow to boot ?

im using a p4 1.5ghz 512 Ram, my prob is bakit kaya ang tagal ng boot up ,especially dun sa part na may "windows logo" sa umpisa, mga 4mins yan di tumatakbo, di naman nagbabasa HD. after that tuloy tuloy na. ive triedn reformating again n again pero same.

kung hndi normal yan, try to trouble shoot first.

or

try to consult your pcg doctors! :thumbsupsmiley:

pls go to our branches to diagnose your pc.. :cool:

its hard to give advice kapag di mo nakikita/nahahawakan ung pc baka mali pa maadvice.. :lol:

pm me or add my at my ym morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

visit our site to know more about our products and to know the nearest pcgilmore. :cool:

www.pcgilmore.com.ph

good morning pcg.....ito bang laptop na ito MEGABOOK S425 eh may bulit in wi-fi for wireless internet access? Thanks, this model looks perferct to me....... and by the way, hindi ba shared ang video card nito? Will wait for your response.... I will buy one from your shop pag dating ko dyan sa Pinas.......dadalhan kita pasalubong basta may discount ha..... also 2 pcs of this type ang bibilhin ko...sana may stock kayo ha..... Thanks a lot!

can someone from pc gilmore send me a quotation for this specs...

512mb ram

256mb video card (sana pci-e and motherboard)

15" LCS monitor

dual core processor (intel preferred)

ps 2 keyboard / optical mouse

comp. table

usb flash drive ( take away the floppy drive pls)

extra cooling fan

pls email me at cscg7123@hotmail.com

thanks

just a quick question..

do i need to reformat and reinstall the operating system(winxp) in my hardrive if i upgrade my motherboard and processor? or can i just hook up my harddrive to the new motherboard and start using it without problem?

thanks

Yah, you do otherwise the unit won't run properly. :headsetsmiley:

just a quick question..

do i need to reformat and reinstall the operating system(winxp) in my hardrive if i upgrade my motherboard and processor? or can i just hook up my harddrive to the new motherboard and start using it without problem?

thanks

Yes!

In order for it to know the new parts it needs to get acquainted with.

just a quick question..

thanks

yes.

because it will not run in optimum level kasi ibang chipsets ng mga parts ang madedetect.

:thumbsupsmiley:

good morning pcg.....ito bang laptop na ito MEGABOOK S425 eh may bulit in wi-fi for wireless internet access? Thanks, this model looks perferct to me....... and by the way, hindi ba shared ang video card nito? Will wait for your response.... I will buy one from your shop pag dating ko dyan sa Pinas.......dadalhan kita pasalubong basta may discount ha..... also 2 pcs of this type ang bibilhin ko...sana may stock kayo ha..... Thanks a lot!

hi priest

yup megabook s425 is wi fi ready.. :thumbsupsmiley:

we have a stock of this as of now. :lol:

kelan ka ba uwi phil? para mainform ko kita kung may stock or wala.. :cool:

pasalubong ko ah.. :evil:

hahaha :lol:

MSI S425 G

Intel Pentium M 725 1.60GHZ Dothan (2MB L2 Cache) -

nVidia GeForce Go 6200 128MB Turbo Cache -

Intel 915PM Chipset -

Kingston 512MB DDR2 Sodimm

40GB Mobile Hard Drive

14" WXGA Superb Glare,

56K\LAN,

5 in 1 Card Reader

MSI Internal Slim Combo Drive

MSI S4 Series 6 Cell LI-ON Battery Pack

MSI Power Adaptor Intel PRO-WIRELESS 2915 ABG

here's the complete specification of that laptop.

Edited by PCG
Can you guys repair or remove the dvd drive in a laptop? I have a Hp dv5000 series that has a busted drive. How much do you charge to remove/ repair it?

Thanks!

sorry tommy we dont have service like that pero we can refer you to where to go to.. :thumbsupsmiley:

that's the least we can do to help you... :thumbsupsmiley:

call 721 34 96

tell them the brand of your laptop para masabi nila ung service center ng hp.. ^_^

can someone from pc gilmore send me a quotation for this specs...

512mb ram

256mb video card (sana pci-e and motherboard)

15" LCS monitor

dual core processor (intel preferred)

ps 2 keyboard / optical mouse

comp. table

usb flash drive ( take away the floppy drive pls)

extra cooling fan

pls email me at cscg7123@hotmail.com

thanks

sir,

ive already emailed you.

pls reply to my questions ive sent to you so that i could send the quotation right away.. :lol:

thanks!