1832 replies to this topic

#41 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

i never did understand why the plate had to touch the ground everytime? for what purpose is this? doesn't this kinda decrease the stress in between reps?

Your goal is to achieve textbook reps everytime and as mentioned in a description it is a hybrid lift combining a Romanian deadlift/bent row

The plates touching the floow is the Deadlift part in the row apart form the initial pull

yeah, i noticed, how 'bout reminding EG to post the vids. for the 5x5 exercises.

Will be doing that later

#42 dj_flip03

dj_flip03

cAndYfLipPed!!!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Interests:anything intersting

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

Bros, help!!!

About a month na ko 2x a week na lang mag work-out compared to my usual na 4-5 times a week. It's because of my schedule at work. My program back then was for weight loss and with success.

Kaya lang eversince nag take ako ng whey protein (impact yung brand) plus the 2x a week workout I noticed that lumaki ulit tummy ko. Ang pangit tignan coz yung upper body ko (chest, sholders, arms) ay medyo defined na while my tummy and obliques have seemed to have bulged once again. I was 126lbs now I'm 136lbs. Ok lang naman mag gain ako ng mass kasi yun ang goal ko naman ngayon kaya ako nag we-whey, kaya lang bat parang tiyan ko ang lumalaki. I've lessen my cardio because sabi nila di raw ako makaka-gain ng mass kung ganun eh pano na tong tyan ko???

HELP!!!!!

Edited by dj_flip03, 30 August 2006 - 02:19 PM.

#43 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

bro seriously strength training ang sagot diyan... Ive lost about an inch off my waist despite the fact that I eat like a freakin pig... seriously... also all that protein aint helping... regulate yer protein intake...

#44 kitzsen18

kitzsen18

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

help me naman mga bro, pano po kung dumbell lang po ang equipment s bagay, meron po b kayo mga pic n pde gayahin...........

#45 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Strength Coaching

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:45 AM

bro seriously strength training ang sagot diyan... Ive lost about an inch off my waist despite the fact that I eat like a freakin pig... seriously... also all that protein aint helping... regulate yer protein intake...

Told ya :cool:

#46 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Internet, Bowling, Window Shopping, and Nike Apparel.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:20 AM

Are Taebo classes helpful into hardening ones muscles?

I take Taebo lessons, mid to high intensity every week and it really works the entire body and I really sweat it out a lot.

#47 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:03 AM

Are Taebo classes helpful into hardening ones muscles?

I take Taebo lessons, mid to high intensity every week and it really works the entire body and I really sweat it out a lot.

Sweating has nothing to do with building, toning, or hardening of muscle. If you are not doing strength training with free weights in addition to your taebo, you are basically wasting your time in the long run. Read this for more a detailed perspective: http://www.eclipsegy...wtopic.php?t=76

Granted that it is filed under the "for women" topic, but men and women are no different with respect to fat loss and "hardening" of muscle. It was originally posted under the 5x5 for all trainees.

#48 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:21 AM

i never did understand why the plate had to touch the ground everytime? for what purpose is this? doesn't this kinda decrease the stress in between reps?

If you don't let the momentum dissipate into the floor when the barbell touches it, it will instead dissipate into your spinal column if you suddenly reverse direction in mid-air. I'm sure you don't want this to happen :blush:

#49 boy_tusok

boy_tusok

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:In-line skating, cycling, weight training.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:05 AM

You might have a rotator cuff impingement. First of all, stop wasting your time with lateral prone raises. All you need is military press for well-developed shoulders. Part of your problem is that you are probably imbalanced in both your body and in your training. I strongly doubt your trainers know how to assess this if they are recommending that you do lateral prone raises. Be sure to read the link in my signature for more insight as to proper program design. It is for "body conditioning" as well.

That's what i've heard from gym buddies "rotator cuff impingement", I googled it and found the symptoms are similar. I stopped doing shrug and recently lat pull down to avoid agravating it. I hope its not that serious because i dont wanna go under the knife. I dont have a personal trainer since i'm familiar with it been around for quite sometime only i'm not religious with my work-out. the 5x5 is cool havent finish reading it though, thanks anyways.

Sounds like an impinged rotator cuff. I suggest you hve it checked or you can strengthen it with some rotator cuff work. As of now, drop lateral raises.

I have an assesment coming around mid-sept. and we will see, for now I limit my work-out and concentrate on cardio. thanks!

#50 p4rbust3r

p4rbust3r

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:02 AM

wheres the vid EG? think i broke my back just thinking about how im going to do those dynamic rows. hehe

#51 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10,551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:31 AM

Thanks to the thread starter

at least now mababawasan na ung away sa BUILDING A MODEL BODY

....now to building muscles .....

i am for WEIGHT TRAINING

and supplementing

ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS

and

CLEAN HEALTHY LIVING <--- mind and body

#52 koopahl

koopahl

the devil in me

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:56 AM

my muscles are built on two activities:

a. running
b. weights

that's all that interests me so far...go where you think you can gain most...

#53 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:25 AM

owwwwwwww..... pain... m sooooo freakin sore... 2nd week of 10 x 10... I can do rock climbing on rest days right?

#54 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

Bros, help!!!

About a month na ko 2x a week na lang mag work-out compared to my usual na 4-5 times a week. It's because of my schedule at work. My program back then was for weight loss and with success.

Kaya lang eversince nag take ako ng whey protein (impact yung brand) plus the 2x a week workout I noticed that lumaki ulit tummy ko. Ang pangit tignan coz yung upper body ko (chest, sholders, arms) ay medyo defined na while my tummy and obliques have seemed to have bulged once again. I was 126lbs now I'm 136lbs. Ok lang naman mag gain ako ng mass kasi yun ang goal ko naman ngayon kaya ako nag we-whey, kaya lang bat parang tiyan ko ang lumalaki. I've lessen my cardio because sabi nila di raw ako makaka-gain ng mass kung ganun eh pano na tong tyan ko???

HELP!!!!!

What is your training program like? Gaining a little fat when on a bulking phase is normal, just make sure you don't bloat too much

#55 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

help me naman mga bro, pano po kung dumbell lang po ang equipment s bagay, meron po b kayo mga pic n pde gayahin...........

If you'r still a beginner, i really suggest your go to a gym as you'll quickly outgrow those DBS

#56 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:40 AM

We already did filming vids for the power clean, power snatch high pull and dynamic row.... EG will post it ASAP

#57 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

or you could always try to find a place to do dips, pull ups and push ups... use the dumbells as extra weight on yer back for pushups or on yer legs for dips and pull ups... free squats are good but you can try to skip to one leg squats... those are killer...

#58 Waterbearer

Waterbearer

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

What workout program should i take which would be beneficial to my chosen sport swimming?

#59 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:04 AM

What workout program should i take which would be beneficial to my chosen sport swimming?

If you haven't built a solid foundation of strength, start with the 5x5. Whenever we train athletes, we always start training them off-season style then slowly train them pre-season style as the competition nears. The off-season is where champs are built

#60 dj_flip03

dj_flip03

cAndYfLipPed!!!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,356 posts
  • Interests:anything intersting

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

What is your training program like? Gaining a little fat when on a bulking phase is normal, just make sure you don't bloat too much

Here's my usual routine:

Day 1
Chest and Triceps (cant really elaborate all the excersices pero I believe I do about 5 kinds of chest excersice/routine/training and five triceps excersice/routine/training.

Day 2
Legs - Squats, leg raise, leg pull, etc

Day 3
Back, shoulders, and biceps, arms (Eto pinaka marami like Lat pulls, cable row, etc. )

All done with 8-10 reps, three sets

Dati, when I didnt take whey pro my sets were just 2 with 15 reps. Nakakagulat nga nung nag take ako ng whey medyo lumakas ako ng konti and ang bilis maka recover ng katawan ko. Pinagtataka ko lang talaga yung biglang pag bulk ng tyan ko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users