Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

So stay away from the big banks, unless you're a big client expect to wait and wait and wait. There are many smaller banks that you can expect more personalized service from like iBank, Maybank, Chinatrust, Robinsons, GE Bank and other savings and thrift banks. Just a suggestion.

PNB Felix Ave branch in Cainta near Sta Lucia Mall sucks! I went there to cash my SSS loan check which clearly states that it can be cashed at any PNB branch. When it was my turn (my number was 43, when I arrived it was just number 19 - so imagine how long I waited), the teller told me that I couldn't encash it at their branch as it should be cashed in the same city where my company was based at, which was QC. I told her I already encashed an SSS check at their branch back in 2003 and encountered no such policy. My check and valid IDs had been validated by someone from their customer service counter when I arrived so I asked her why this wasn't raised back then. She still maintained the supposed policy and had me talk to another personnel, I don't know if it was a manager. Anyway, this personnel did give the go signal for me to cash my check there. When my name was called by the same teller to get my money, she still said that there would be 50-peso charge for cashing the check at their branch. I said ok and didn't argue anymore as I was already sleepy coming from graveyard shift.

In addition to the sucky service, ang luma na ng office nila. Wala atang maintenance sa branch nila.

Why didnt I see this thread sooner!!!

Let me start...worst

Allied Bank(any branch) - sobrang bagal ng service!

Equitable PCI Bank (Juan Luna HO Branch) - this is supposed to be their Binondo Head Office...they

have like 20 teller positions in the ground floor but hindi mo makikitang open lahat ng tellers...kahit

na mahaba na yung pila sa mga tellers, they dont even bother to open another teller. At most, open

lang is 3-4 teller booths and hindi ito lunch break ah!

Metrobank(any branch) - for a big bank where their are many clients, sobrang slow ng services nila!

Also, I dont know with other banks but if I want to deposit dollar cash to my metrobank account, i

have to go to the branch where i openned that account! They dont accept interbranch deposit of

dollar cash! Sobrang inconvenient sa depositor lalo na ngayon na delikado magdala ng cash sa labas!

best so far for me is Chinabank, never had a problem at all!

Ang culture sa PNB at Landbank walang pinagkaiba sa opisinang gobyerno .....

Walang VALUE-ADDED effort to improve even for themselves. what do i mean

Kahit ba mabagal, mahina o bulok ang systema ..... if one goes the extra mile to

add value (kahit maliit lang) it will make a difference believe me.

Just like the teller below, If she was not sure that the check can be encashed or not,

she could have consulted her superior... she instead SHOVED away a client

PNB Felix Ave branch in Cainta near Sta Lucia Mall sucks! I went there to cash my SSS loan check which clearly states that it can be cashed at any PNB branch. When it was my turn (my number was 43, when I arrived it was just number 19 - so imagine how long I waited), the teller told me that I couldn't encash it at their branch as it should be cashed in the same city where my company was based at, which was QC. I told her I already encashed an SSS check at their branch back in 2003 and encountered no such policy. My check and valid IDs had been validated by someone from their customer service counter when I arrived so I asked her why this wasn't raised back then. She still maintained the supposed policy and had me talk to another personnel, I don't know if it was a manager. Anyway, this personnel did give the go signal for me to cash my check there. When my name was called by the same teller to get my money, she still said that there would be 50-peso charge for cashing the check at their branch. I said ok and didn't argue anymore as I was already sleepy coming from graveyard shift.

In addition to the sucky service, ang luma na ng office nila. Wala atang maintenance sa branch nila.

Guest mitchiko0

buti nakita ko itong thread na ito.......tamang tamang sa subject ko ngayon....BANKING AND FINACE SYSTEM IN TEH PHILIPPINES

now meron na akong idea.......

Guest buru_tus

Banks that I have accounts

RCBC - my account is with their head office at RCBC Towers, so far wala pa naman akong na encounters na problem sa kanila, was able to exhange USD, ranging from 2k to 5k without them asking for my account details or any ID and most of my deposits with them are electronically transferred

EPCIB - Paseo Buendia - Passbook account both Peso and Dollar so problem ko sa Bank na to e yung pila. Wala silang number system, uupo ka then pag nag move na yung katabi mo e lilipat ka dun sa inupuan nya. at yung 100 service fee for inter branch deposit

METROBANK - OFW account with their HO Branch - no maintaining balance, yun nga lang pag nag deposit ka sa mga provincial branches, 50pesos na service fee

BPI - the best sana para sa akin, my account is with their Tarlac Branch, was able to withdraw 100k OTC sa main office nila witihin 30mins of presenting the withdrawal slip. But my beef with them was they closed my account without informing me. ito kasi ang aking payroll account for my overseas job, so nung umuwi na ako, nag stop na rin ang pagpasok ng money sa account. It is an Expat Pinoy account, pero may fine line pala yung Terms and Conditios nila na if within 90days na zero balance yung account they will consider it a dormant account

Guest mitchiko0
You can ask me. More than 20 years working in banks.

wow..galing naman...now im preparing my projects for that subject regarding rural and thrift bank and also commercial...at ano mga responsibility ng BSP sa mga banko na yun.....

how to get their clients,their advantage etc....

•Commercial Banks Authorized to Engage in Expanded Derivative Activities

•Commercial And Thrift Banks with EFCDU/FCDU Authority

•Thrift and Rural/Cooperative Banks Authorized to Accept Demand Deposits

•Commercial Banks, Thrift Banks and Investment Houses Authorized to Engage in Trust Operations

•Commercial Banks, Thrift Banks and Non-banks Authorized to Engage in Quasi-banking Functions

•Banks with Microfinance Functions

yung iba reseacrh ko na lang para hindi makaavala sa ibang tao.....

do u have an email account...ill sent you some of my question thanks for the help...

Had this experience w/ RCBC at their head office sa RCBC Towers. I cant say that they're lousy, I juz wanna share my experience w/ them.

Here it goes..... My company issued me an ATM card for our payroll, I had the PIN changed a few days ago. I tried to inquire my balance first dun sa ATM, may laman na kc payday. Then, I tried to withdraw, ayaw. The machine printed "Card/Account is either blocked or not active". Sabi ko cguro dahil kaka-change ko lang ng pin kaya ganun. The next day, ayaw pa rin. I called their customer service hotline, sabi ng nakausap ko nde nman daw blocked yung account ko. And active na daw yung account. I was advised to go the main office. So the following day, I went to their main office. I talked to this customer rep, and told her about my problem w/ the card. She checked their system, ok nman yung card/account. Try ko na lng daw ulit baka oks na, pag nde balik ako sa kanya. So I went to the machine and tried, ayaw pa rin. Nde pa rin ako maka-withdraw. So I went back to the customer rep, tapos sbi nya palitan na lng daw yung card. Sabi ko cge ok. She asked me to fill up some forms, tapos sabi nya bayad muna sa counter for the replacement. Naisip ko nun, "what the f--k!" Bakit ako magbabayad eh ako na nga ang naperwisyo nila. Nde na lng ako nakipagtalo pa, sabi ko bayaran ko na lng para maayos na. P55 rin kc yun, 1 order rin ng burger value meal yun. :)

It's a good thing ok nman yung ugali ng customer rep, she was kinda sweet and nice. And bumawi na lang ako sa pag-abang na yumuko cya while I was waiting. hehehe. The rep was a cute mestiza. She was wearing a pink blouse w/ 2-3 top buttons unbuttoned. I lost count of the buttons, nde ako dun nakatingin eh. hehehe. Underneath the blouse was a pink laced tube. I guess dun ko na lng binawi yung P55 ko. :cool:

prudential bank the one near aim, paseo ata yan, takes the cake for me in terms of stupidity.

one time. en cash ko cheke 1,500 lang dunsa niraraketan ko.

sabi nung teller willing ba raw ako wait ONE HOUR kase ala raw pondo which is impossible. pero sabi ko ok. hanggang dumating yung accountant nung foreign firm na nagbayad saken nung cheke. at imposible nga raw na walang pera yun.so nung nakita na ng teller (konti lang tao dito sa branch nato) bayad na.

tangna the next month, sabi nung isang stupid girl teller , kelangan daw dalawa id. at di raw pwede tin , sss, at yung company id ko.

sabi ko sobra naman considering na PAY TO CASH yung cheke. at i pointed out na sa harapan nya ako pumirma sa likod nung cheke.

sabi ko i check na lang nya sa signature card diba. o tawagan nya yung client nila but either DISHONOR it or PAY UP.and don't give me crap.

kulang na lang sabihin ko sa ibang mga bangkong ini-encashan ko napayag na card ng gym basta pay to cash.

me hirit pa na it's for your own good naman to ser. kase raw baka mawala yung cheke. ang bobo talaga talaga ng mga staff dito. no wonder na-take over na to ng ibang bangko. walang KASENG INKUMPENTE mga tao dito.

Citystate Savings Bank....

Not particular on their banking service, but on their management team....

Before when i was still working in an ad agency, they've asked for our company's service, after giving them studies ang all sorts of ideas, after promising us that they will give their certain service a massive blast on prints, before the deadline comes they cease almost every project and they just retain one itsy bitsy print ad.....thus upon learning that they've used some of our ideas on their campaign and without giving our company a service fee, because they've used our ideas without even acknowledging us, i was and still pissed off on what they've done........

had a very bad experience with security bank. both with their bank and their credit card. so i stopped banking with them and had my credit card terminated. really, really lousy customer service. i started banking with them because i heard from a friend that they have exceptional customer service (much like ibank), but i just had some bad experience with them.

right now i bank with ibank and aub and have not had problems with them still. metrobank and bpi used to be ok, but now too many people bank with them and now you have to wait hours before you get served.

BDO Shaw / Wack Wack branch. Very poor service. Bagal ng mga tellers and nagkwekwentuahn pa. Buti sana if they are working while chatting with their co tellers pero hinde e. Imagine they would do that in front of a long queue and imagine you are one of those in line.

I was almost close to work in Ibank

I get to learn from them that I-Bank was establish by a group of people who were pissed off by the serivces

they got from the usual banks. So they put up I-Bank

I have not banked with I-bank ... perhaps this bank lived up to the objectives mentioned ...

had a very bad experience with security bank. both with their bank and their credit card. so i stopped banking with them and had my credit card terminated. really, really lousy customer service. i started banking with them because i heard from a friend that they have exceptional customer service (much like ibank), but i just had some bad experience with them.

right now i bank with ibank and aub and have not had problems with them still. metrobank and bpi used to be ok, but now too many people bank with them and now you have to wait hours before you get served.

PS Bank!!!

punyemas na mga yan. dont be fooled by their promises, especially yung gimik nila on home loans (TGIF yata yun). yes, your loan will get approved in 5 days but guess what, yung release naman ang problema.

approved na yung loan and you would think it will be released in a matter of days. WRONG!!! Weeks?? Wrong Again!!

MONTHS!! Letse talaga. Approved na tapos i-rerelease mo more than 2 months after?

And that's not the end of it. Customer Service? Asa ka pa. Ethics? Ano yun? Professionalism? They can't even spell it!

Bwiset. Umiinit na naman ulo ko ah..

MAN, the things i have to through with this bank!

A Marketing Staff has top be one of the best trained person in any organization especially when it comes to dealing with customers. This one's the exception. I need an update on my loan and she keeps telling me that she will call back.. she never does! Putsa, I have to be the one to keep on calling and calling just to get one single piece of information. Damn. And now, when i called her up, umuwi na daw..

This bank is pure hell..

Now she's telling me that another account officer is handling my account! Alright.. Ayuz na naman.. And that fact would have been quite useful had i been told days ago!!!

And now, im trying to get through to that AO. She's on another line daw. Will return my call daw.. Must have been some phone call, it's almost an hour already.

Sheez, this is turning out to be one long story after another. DApat pala noon ko pa inumpisahan itong kwento, baka 100 pages na itong thread.

Ok, after more than a dozen phone calls, i just found out that the info i needed lacked the supervisor's signature. And the guy took almost a day to sign it. Result? I got the info after the cutoff period. Which means it's basically useless to me now and i have to wait till next monday to act on that info.

Lousy, lousy PSBank..