SPORTS & WORKOUT INJURIES

ay grabe, dropped a 5 pound plate on my poor foot yesterday

what made it worse was that i was barefoot ~idiot~

one of the disadvantages of working out at home

hinihintay ko pa kung mamamatay ang kuko ko huhuhu

aray sakit nyan..sobra... ako i make sure i wear rubber shoes maski lumang luma, basta may protection...

na injure ako nung natamaan ko tuhod ko ng 40 lbs dumbell during one hand row.. :( nagka gas gas lang..pero super sakit

Perpetually aching knees - too many squats and lunges, combined with spin class thrice a wk and boxing (sparring) thrice a wk

My bunions hurt like hell all the time - too much strain on them from the above mentioned activities.

The other day I hurt my wrist sparring. Now I cant move my right wrist too much but its gotten better I think.

Busted ankles, aching shoulder, etc etc. Been an aching mess for the past four years, yet im still at it. :lol:

Edited by Wyld
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to start a new topic here.

I know everybody has encountered sports related injuries.

Since this is the Health and Fitness thread, it is also important to know the cause, cure and prevention of these injuries.

Everybody is welcome to post.

:D :D :D

In the military, we were required to be at our top physical shape. To get there, we focus on three major aspect of physical fitness: strength, endurance, and flexibility. Flexibility is the least explored (based on some of the post I read in health and fitness thread) aspect of physical fitness mostly because it is passive, and yet it is deemed very important by fitness experts.

With that said, flexibility is possibly the single most dominant cause of sports injuries (non-contact sports). Failure to stretch is a no-no to any marathon runners, yet some never takes into account, that a ten minute stretching excercise could prevent a delibitating sports injury.

Many people are unaware of the fact that there are different types of flexibility. These different types of flexibility are grouped according to the various types of activities involved in athletic training. The ones which involve motion are called dynamic and the ones which do not are called static. The different types of flexibility are:

Dynamic flexibility (also called kinetic flexibility) is the ability to perform dynamic (or kinetic) movements of the muscles to bring a limb through its full range of motion in the joints.

Static-active flexibility (also called active flexibility) is the ability to assume and maintain extended positions using only the tension of the agonists and synergists while the antagonists are being stretched. For example, lifting the leg and keeping it high without any external support (other than from your own leg muscles).

Static-passive flexibility (also called passive flexibility) is the ability to assume extended positions and then maintain them using only your weight, the support of your limbs, or some other apparatus (such as a chair or a barre). Note that the ability to maintain the position does not come solely from your muscles, as it does with static-active flexibility. Being able to perform the splits is an example of static-passive flexibility.

Active flexibility is more closely related to the level of sports achievement than is passive flexibility. Active flexibility is harder to develop than passive flexibility (which is what most people think of as "flexibility"); not only does active flexibility require passive flexibility in order to assume an initial extended position, it also requires muscle strength to be able to hold and maintain that position.

Before you should perform any exercise, you must first do stretching.