Photo

MTC Gun Club

• Please log in to reply
5462 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2003 - 01:52 PM

I believe it is a Browning Model 1910. Is it valuable?

A Browning Model 10 manufactured before WWI (i.e. before 1917) in very good condition is worth about $500 to a collector. Kung WW2 vintage naman e mga $400 to a collector din. Some could even fetch higher amounts if engraved or kung may history yung baril (ex. it was used by some German general during the war, etc.)

To a non-collector, the year of manufacture doesn't matter. In good condition, a working version of the gun is worth $75.

Take note that these prices are based on the US market! Dito sa Pinas, mahirap itulak yan for more than 10K, kasi at P12K you can get a brand new Armscor 45 na.... I think at 5K pwede na yan......but this is just my opinion! :D

#82 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6001 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 01:56 PM

Take note that these prices are based on the US market! Dito sa Pinas, mahirap itulak yan for more than 10K, kasi at P12K you can get a brand new Armscor 45 na.... I think at 5K pwede na yan......but this is just my opinion! :D

p're mukhang balak mong i add sa koleksyon mo ah

:lol:

#83 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2003 - 02:04 PM

p're mukhang balak mong i add sa koleksyon mo ah

:lol:

Nyahahaha! :evil:

Hindi naman ..... hindi yan yung Browning na gusto ko ..... kung 380 rin lang, kuha na lang ako ng Walther PPK :D

Pero take note, I think that gun was the forerunner of the Glocks today ..... why? because it was the first striker-fired (not hammer-fired) gun to be manufactured in bulk.

#84 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:58 PM

To my fellow gun lovers,

Would you know kung anong assault rifle yung gamit nung isang Twin sa Matrix during the car chase scene?

Yun ba yung bagong standard issue M14 (w/ stock folded) na ginamit ng mga US soldiers sa Iraq? o yung MP5, kasi parang doppler yung sight?

Also, nakita nyo na ba yung baril ni Lara Croft sa previews ng Tomb Raider 2? Is it still the duo-tone H&K Tactical?

.... la lang ..... can't help noticing the guns they use in the movies kasi .....

.... especially yung 45 ni FPJ na kinasa nya sa hangin sabay putok!!! :boo: ...... or yung 45 ni Paquito Diaz na inalisan ni FPJ ng slide nung tinutok at bago maiputok sa kanya! :P

#85 trebbie

trebbie

On extended leave ...

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Your interests: Computers ... motorcycles ... table tennis ... martial arts ... guitar ... firearms ... military science ... etc.

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:54 PM

To my fellow gun lovers,

Would you know kung anong assault rifle yung gamit nung isang Twin sa Matrix during the car chase scene?

Yun ba yung bagong standard issue M14 (w/ stock folded) na ginamit ng mga US soldiers sa Iraq? o yung MP5, kasi parang doppler yung sight?

Also, nakita nyo na ba yung baril ni Lara Croft sa previews ng Tomb Raider 2? Is it still the duo-tone H&K Tactical?

.... la lang ..... can't help noticing the guns they use in the movies kasi .....

.... especially yung 45 ni FPJ na kinasa nya sa hangin sabay putok!!! :boo: ...... or yung 45 ni Paquito Diaz na inalisan ni FPJ ng slide nung tinutok at bago maiputok sa kanya! :P

Ah, hindi ba Pepeng Kaliwete 'yung sine ni FPJ na tinanggal niya ang slide? :D

#86 gonzo

gonzo

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:54 PM

To my fellow gun lovers,

sir baka po your referring to the new M4A1 carbine with the retractable stock which is the new standard issue rifle for the US military replacing the M16, kasi po to the best of my knowledge wala pa pong new model ng M14 ang lumalabas, but i could be wrong.

#87 7ice3

7ice3

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, PC games, girls... the usual.

Posted 31 May 2003 - 05:53 AM

Thanks, templar666! Gusto ko rin malaman kung may nabibilhan ng RCBS ammunition dito, o kailangan mong mag-order sa States.

#88 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:29 PM

sir baka po your referring to the new M4A1 carbine with the retractable stock which is the new standard issue rifle for the US military replacing the M16, kasi po to the best of my knowledge wala pa pong new model ng M14 ang lumalabas, but i could be wrong.

You're right, M4A1 nga yung iniisip ko! :P

Ang tagal na nga pala nung M14... yun pa yata yung pumalit sa M1 ..... he he he

#89 LoveHamster

LoveHamster

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:57 PM

Just a question, guys:

My father has two (2) guns, a Walther PPK (.380) and a semiautomatic shotgun (forgot the brand). He died a few years back and the guns are with my mom. What's the procedure I need to follow if I want to use those guns? Can the ownership be transferred to me? What are the requirements or matters I need to take into consideration?

TIA to all :)

Trebbie, my following opinions/advice may be radical or lawbreaking.
You got 2 guns that you want transfer to you name legally, I suggest you kept the 2 gun as "unlicensed loose guns" and get yourself a new gun w/ license.
My reasons are :
1) you never know when our wishywashy govt will issue crazy gun laws, like "total gun ban" meaning you surrender all guns w/o compensation ala martial law. Dont laugh, it does happen, in Australia, England, the US antigun lobby is pushing for it, Marcos time. But we know only law abiding will comply but criminals? never!!! in fact criminal wish for gunban so they are the only one armed!
2) During this anti-terror era, gun ownership is in danger of loosing their rights. Read last month Phil Star about Sen Drilon bill of abolishing PTC? what next? house guns may be next.
3) When the gun confiscation law did come, you just surrender your licensec gun, but you have a 2 backup unlicensed gun as last defense against looters, mobs, etc. remember Jakarta Anti Chinese Massarce a fews years ago? or the 1990's LA Riot? those w/o arms are easy victims. Tell me the truth, which is more important ? following the law or your loved one's safety?

I am saying this in assumption that you have no criminal intentions. I am not questioning the quality or value of the 2 guns. Only if you feel brave enough to handle the risk. Dont expect the police to be always there to protect you, because they are there to upheld the law (????) your safety is not there prime concern. If I were in your place, I would get a new licensed gun with consideration that it may be confiscated someday due to gun control bill. I will have the assurance of last ditch security for my family. As a american gun owner say "Better judged by 12 than carry by 6.."

#90 Dreamer

Dreamer

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:33 PM

Hi Guys!

Sign me up for the EB! But it needs to be on a weekend. Hassle nga lang ang pagkuha ng bagong PTT.

I got my PTC a week before Madam Labandera cancelled all PTCs. That really pisses me off! :angry: It cost me a lot just to see it revoked. I haven't even used it yet!

I have a Bul M-5 Commander in 45. It had to visit the smith for a reliability job cause I was getting six jams the last hundred rounds. Still haven't gotten my piece back but I hope to get it by this weekend.

If you know anyone in the police who can help me with the issuance of a police report for a proof of actual threat please PM me. Sayang ang PTC ko!

For the people new to guns, a good book would be Chris Bird's, "The Concealed Handgun Manual: How to Chose, Carry, and Shoot a Gun in Self Defense." It's unavailable locally so I had to order mine from Amazon. Good book. It teaches you the basics on reasons why to carry, choosing a firearm, training, and legal issues.

I shoot at Jethro's Shooting Range in Frisco. Is the PB Dionisio range indoor? Have to look for an indoor range now that the rainy season has started. You can also use your long firearms at Jethro. I saw a guy using an M-16 copy when I went there.

BTW,
I just want to mention that Norincos are good value pistols. Even if it's from Communist China, the quality of the steel is good and they are usually reliable. I found one during the gun show in March selling for less than 12k. Visit 1911forum.com to ask around. These pistols have a following.

One more thing, I like the 45 caliber because of its history with the Philippines. The 45 ACP was designed after the US Army's experience with the Moros.

On the political front,

I hope that Frank Chavez will get his day at the Supreme Court challenging GMA's gun ban. There isn't even a presidential decree as far as I know. Talk about breaking the law...

Ping, my boy. You will lose!!! You're better off manicuring your nails pink than grabbing my gun. That goes for Nandy Pacheco's Gunless Society as well. Joey Lina, you are a turd!!! You surrender the legal gunowners to the criminal elements to pursue your own agenda. The actions of one moron should not be a reason to revoke the right of 30,000 other gun owners.

Guys, please write your local congressman to revoke the gun ban. It has no legal basis but when the cops catch you, you will still be in a world of hurt.

Keep Safe and Happy Shooting!

#91 hot_sauce

hot_sauce

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:01 PM

Guys, i got here an HK MP5A4 with Tactical navy foregrip with flashlight and Colt M4A1 Carbine with TGS Aimpoint replica red dot scope! (Airsoft nga lang!ahehehehehe!)

#92 Vendetta Boy

Vendetta Boy

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Interests:i'm an adrenaline junkie...anything for a rush.

Posted 07 June 2003 - 02:45 AM

hello to my fellow gun enthusiasts....glad to know theres a lot. i've a glock 19c for personal carry (which i dont carry anymore) and a colt combat commander super 38 for practical shooting.

would anyone know the process if you want to buy a second hand gun. what paperworks would be needed? etc.

#93 antok

antok

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 12:53 PM

gud PM guys, may bagong balita na ba for the marksmanship/firing EB?

#94 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 6001 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 02:15 AM

hello gun runners err lovers...pumuputok pa ba :evil:

#95 adikted

adikted

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 10:48 AM

havent fired my gun for a long time now
meron akong caliber 22 na remington which i believe is twice my age na
dont belong to any gun clubs pero hopefully makabuo tayo here sa mtc
oo nga pala pasmado na ko panu na yan

hehehe chill

#96 Ice_God

Ice_God

Cold-Blooded

• (05) Regular
  • 6989 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:06 AM

colt 1911 gold cup Mk IV.. still awaiting renewal of my PTC (if ever..)

presently saving up for a HK USP 9.

cheers!

#97 Guest_River_*

Guest_River_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:06 AM

;) ngneer... pa ads naman...
i have a friend disposing his precious... im not really into competition shooting but someone may be interested... just PM me...

STRAYER VOIGH Caliber 40 (registered)
16+1
long dost cover
5 holes hybrid
bo-mar sight
3 extra stainless magazine w/ 3 magazine pouch
CR speed holster
inside/outside belt
150 pcs. live ammo
200 pcs. winchester empty shells

Lot price P80,000.00

Boss ngeer... thanks...

Boss Templar... you may be interested... ;)

#98 in_style

in_style

**DA ULTIMATE**

• Ambassador
  • 19371 posts
  • Interests:reading... shopping... good conversations... feel good movies... playing with my mac...

Posted 27 June 2003 - 02:15 AM

hi guys! damsel in distress... well, not really in distress. i came across this thread and i got curious. i've always wanted to learn target shooting. take note... "wanted". the thing is i dont know anything yet. neither do i own a gun.

so... who can help me kaya? hope u can pm me.

thanks!

#99 Vendetta Boy

Vendetta Boy

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Interests:i'm an adrenaline junkie...anything for a rush.

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:26 AM

hi guys! damsel in distress... well, not really in distress. i came across this thread and i got curious. i've always wanted to learn target shooting. take note... "wanted". the thing is i dont know anything yet. neither do i own a gun.

so... who can help me kaya? hope u can pm me.

thanks!

ccc3,

i'm sure a number of mtc dudes will be more than happy to give you a pointer or two sa shooting.
di ba my fellow shooters? ingat ka lang kung anong shooting ang ituturo nila!! ;)

#100 in_style

in_style

**DA ULTIMATE**

• Ambassador
  • 19371 posts
  • Interests:reading... shopping... good conversations... feel good movies... playing with my mac...

Posted 27 June 2003 - 12:17 PM

St. Croix, thanks for the advise!

ako naman e gusto lang matuto ng target shooting! for those not so nice people there... let me just warn u that i'm one of the angels of the four aces!

:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users