Video Editing, Cd / Dvd Conversion, Burning, Large Files Etc

• 3 weeks later...

Avid Free DV http://www.avid.com/freedv/resources.asp

The above is a FREE video editing software from AVID. There are other paid versions. For the cheapest priced video editing software, you can get ULEAD or Pinnacle Studio DV (US$100-150). The best value editing software in my own opinion is AVID Liquid Version 7 priced at around US$499. It is a complete video editing suite, with VCD/DVD authoring capability, and music generating software.

The others in this price range US$499-$700 are: Adobe Premiere Pro 2, and Vegas software.

• 5 weeks later...

I just found a good solution. WinAvi Video Converter. It works very good with my downloaded avi files. Pretty straightforward yung convertion into 2 vcd files. Madali lang. There is also and option to convert it to svcd, kvcd and dvd.

Tried it with 2 files already. My super ex GF and two fast to furious. Its fast naman.

Edited by puretuts
Need some advice regarding my problem. I have downloaded a large video file. And its too large for 1 cd. I think i will need to split the file. I have nero and Ulead movie factory (not yet installed).

Do you guys have any advice? What program do i need?

Simpleng tip bro.. rip it using windows movie maker, you can even put credits to your video ;)

• 4 months later...
help naman po mga bro kung paano mag convert ng smallville series na avi files to dvd nagiging problem ko kc yung mga na download ko 30 minutes lng pede pa share naman kung anu pede ko download

Do you just want to patch the avi files together so they run continously? Then you can just use tools that allow you to edit and join movies like Adobe Premiere, etc.

Here are ways you can optimize your DVD burner:

* Update the Firmware on your burner

* Clean the outside of your DVD Burner to reduce the risk of dusk getting into the lense when you open it.

* Burn using Disc-at-once for maximum performance. Burning using track-at-once has a greater chance of creating an error on the burnt disc.

* To optimize burning, let the burning program be the only program running. Try not to run backgroud programs or screen savers. If you get buffer underruns, try slower burning speeds.

* Defragment your hard disks before burning.

* Burning at slower speeds usually generates higher quality DVDs.

* Always finalize your disks, never leave the sessions open.

* Make sure your DVD player can play the formats that your DVD burns.

* DVD+R/+RW media can set its booktype to DVD-ROM on certain DVD burners (Check out our BookType, Bitsetting FAQ). This will yield higher playability on older DVD players. Why doesn't DVD-R be able to set its booktype to DVD-ROM you ask? It is because DVD-R media already has its booktype burned on from the manufacturer when made.

* Do not just buy media just because its cheap, they may not last as long as buying high quality discs.

* Once you find the right media that works for your burner and dvd players, stick with it and buy large quantities of them because DVD manufacturers always change their quality or change their Media ID.

• 1 month later...

naku mahirap ata ung ibang post, kasi di basta basta puedeng mag join ng magkaibang frame rates na movie clips, unless capable ang software mo, sa pinnacle di puede, sa adobe puede kaso gagmitin nya render ung mas mababang quality sa ulead di ko alam pero maganda sya kasi puede swf file.

enjoy editing

• 1 month later...

Sirs... i have a problem opening files pictures and videos which were saved on CDs. These more than 30 CDs contains various important files and pictures, pero ang nakakapanghinayang yung mga video files, some were done by professional videographers on family occations like birthdays, wedding, outings etc. some we decided to transfer to CD from its original betamax and VHS state.. yung mga CD pag in oopen nag prompt ng "cannot read' or "no disk" or someting like that - yung player be it VCD or DVD.. kasi yung mga gawa ng professionals either nag sara na sila or wala na sa kanila yung mga files kasi nga medjo matagal na .. is there still a chance to revive this? salamat po

Im using adobe premier, affter effects, roxio and ulead. for amature video editor i suggest ulead kun di naman complicated ang editing mo try this. User frendly sya at madali lang ang mga commands, menus etc. But if your looking for more complicated software Premier is the best!

What software can you recommend if I want to put together a compilation of video clips from several concert DVDs into one DVD?

I enjoy watching concert DVDs, but I have always wanted to be able to put together all my favorites on a compilation DVD. Hopefully, there is a program that will be as easy to use as making an audio CD using drag and drop techniques.

Would appreciate your inputs.

Sirs... i have a problem opening files pictures and videos which were saved on CDs. These more than 30 CDs contains various important files and pictures, pero ang nakakapanghinayang yung mga video files, some were done by professional videographers on family occations like birthdays, wedding, outings etc. some we decided to transfer to CD from its original betamax and VHS state.. yung mga CD pag in oopen nag prompt ng "cannot read' or "no disk" or someting like that - yung player be it VCD or DVD.. kasi yung mga gawa ng professionals either nag sara na sila or wala na sa kanila yung mga files kasi nga medjo matagal na .. is there still a chance to revive this? salamat po

how old na yung cds? like 5 years na ba. there are cases na nasisira ang recording ng cds pero hindi naman ganoon ka-frequent yun. anyway try using a brand new cd reader for your cds and also try to recover it with a recovery software like badcopy pro.