Hard Core Gyms

I remember before doing this leg routine with an insane training partner. We would warm up doing leg extensions to pre-exhaust the quad muscles. Moderate weight for 3-4 sets of 30-40 reps. Then hell begins. We'd do Leg presses for an insane amount of weight for 10 reps, immediately after we proceeded to the squat rack and to do front squats for 12 to 15 reps then finally do walking lounges for 50 yards with dumbells on hand. We'd rest for a min. and repeat the cycle 3 more times (4 sets all in all) We'd be finished in 20 mins. Those were the insane days.

This reminds me of the Colorado experiment workout in the 60's by Casey Viator. However, the difference is he will do leg exensions followed by leg presse folowed by squats in a tri-set fashion, all exercises done to failure..

This reminds me of the Colorado experiment workout in the 60's by Casey Viator. However, the difference is he will do leg exensions followed by leg presse folowed by squats in a tri-set fashion, all exercises done to failure..

This was a brutal tri-set. We've entertain the idea of going to failure for each excercise however, experience told us that when we aim for failure, we stop the set at will. Thus, we set a rep range here.

I would also like to share a time before when I have adopted the 1 set aproach to train my back. This was roughly 4-5 years ago. My goal here was to only do a set per excercise given in a weight I could only execute 4 to 6 reps. When I can lift more than 6, I'd repete the set on a heavier weight. If I can barely do 4 I'd drop the weight and start again. Basically, its really heavy weight. I've adopted this program for half a year and I can honestly say that this was the time I have developed my back to be the broadest it has ever been.

Here's the program:

1.) Pull ups 50 reps. As many sets required to reach 50 total reps with 2 to 3 mins. rest intervals (takes me roughly between 4 to 6 sets depending on what I feel) this is the only excercise I really do more than I set. After finishing the pull ups my back's pump is already insane.

2.) Dumbell rows 4-6 reps (at that time I think I was rowing 90 lbs) you'd be surprised how strong you actually are when you're not wasting energy on build up pyramid sets.

3.) Cross Bench dumbell pullover 4-6 reps

4.) Shoulder width underhand pull downs/weighted chin ups 4-6 reps

5.) Behind the back Pull downs 4-6 reps

6.) Barbell row / Smith machine row (which I find pathetic)

7.) Cable rows lower abdomen pull

8.) T-bar rows

9.) Cable pull overs.

This program made me one of the ''widest'' guys in the gym back then. However, my back never reached it's fullest details specially along the trap and erector area when I didn't seriously adopt a consistent back routine focusing on deadlifts.

o nga san naba hardcore gyms now?

used to train at york fitnss since 01,02-05 then lived at the states for a while got back home sarado na,, im the kid hu everyone use to call astro boy or superboy.hehe cause i lift heavier weights than the ones competing(with roids) :blush:

now i train at revflex not a hardcore gym,, max sa dumbells is 80lbs,, and there's only a few of us hu lifts it,, dami pacute n nagtrtrain :grr:

used to train at york fitnss since 01,02-05 then lived at the states for a while got back home sarado na,, im the kid hu everyone use to call astro boy or superboy.hehe cause i lift heavier weights than the ones competing(with roids) :blush:

now i train at revflex not a hardcore gym,, max sa dumbells is 80lbs,, and there's only a few of us hu lifts it,, dami pacute n nagtrtrain :grr:

Are you based in QC?

If you're near Manila, you can head out to Eclipse, or just wait after the holy week since we'll be soft-opening our Shaw branch already :cool:

I train in Revflex too. Hmmm... sino ka kaya dun? :goatee:

Ganon ba sya ka big deal dun? Part owner ba siya?

From what I know, he's a personal trainer and consultant there and of course, being Mr. Philippines is something. Anyway, my sources say that he's already back here in the Philippines and it turns out that FOXX gym closed because of other reasons but would probably open again.

From what I know, he's a personal trainer and consultant there and of course, being Mr. Philippines is something. Anyway, my sources say that he's already back here in the Philippines and it turns out that FOXX gym closed because of other reasons but would probably open again.

KUNG HARDCORE GYM LANG ANG HANAP ... PINAKAMALUPIT SA LAHAT ANG " STAR SAMSON GYM"!! WALANG TATALO SA KANILA!! PURO MGA HALIMAW AT GORILLA SA LAKI MGA NAGBUBUHAT D2!!! TRIED N TESTED NA CLA!!! OVER THE COUNTER PA ANG ROIDS!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:

KUNG HARDCORE GYM LANG ANG HANAP ... PINAKAMALUPIT SA LAHAT ANG " STAR SAMSON GYM"!! WALANG TATALO SA KANILA!! PURO MGA HALIMAW AT GORILLA SA LAKI MGA NAGBUBUHAT D2!!! TRIED N TESTED NA CLA!!! OVER THE COUNTER PA ANG ROIDS!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:

Bro, ganon din naman dati sa FOXX, YORK at sa iba pang hardcore gyms eh. Kung walang roids, hindi lalaki nang ganon ang katawan.

SuperSharp Gym Taft. punong puno ng roids.

I did some trial workout here back then when I was in college. It was mostly joused by students from DLSU and other nearby universities. Di ko akalaing laganap na rin ang roids dito. Nevertheless, I never saw this gym as a "hardcore" one... or maybe time's changed

I did some trial workout here back then when I was in college. It was mostly joused by students from DLSU and other nearby universities. Di ko akalaing laganap na rin ang roids dito. Nevertheless, I never saw this gym as a "hardcore" one... or maybe time's changed

They actually don't allow guys to lift heavy here.

A lot of our members in the Mabini branch came from this gym