Which Do You Prefer: Glasses Or Contact Lenses?

Batabatuta™

• 2 weeks later...

paalala lang po ang contact lens ay di maganda ....later on masisira ang iyong mata...if i were you eyeglass n lang.....much better pa nga kung stigma p lang dont wear your glasses all the time pagnaka ramdam lang kayo ng masakit sa mata or ulo kung okey lang dnt wear it....ako dati may eyeglass din kaso 1 year lang soot ko now wala na...wag lang kayo maghilamos ng pagod , katatapos magbasa, kagigising lang. wag matulog basa ang buhok. wag talian ang buhok kung basa. wag manood ng t.v. na nkahiga at kailangan you are 12 ft away sa t.v. kasi ang travel ng radiation ng t.v. is 12 feet straight.

am sure sa mga nag wear ng eye glass nakaramdam kayo palagi ng mingraine....best thing to do is sleep, magkagay ng cold water sa water bag at mag cold compress sa ulo, or magpahilot. follow my advise guys

I both have contacts and glasses. I prefer wearing my contacts when i go out to watch a movie or go go malling.... pero day to day activities i prefer wearing my glasses like driving etc...

I agree to some of the things that Ms Masseuse said...pero di ba old folks tale yung wag magtatali ng buhok pag basa, dahil nakakalabo daw ng mata????

PEACE tayo :hypocritesmiley:

pero di ba old folks tale yung wag magtatali ng buhok pag basa, dahil nakakalabo daw ng mata???? 

PEACE tayo :hypocritesmiley:

yap the same as "don't read while you are mobile (while in a bus/jeep etc..)" dahil lalabo ang mata. The eyes adjusts to the motion.

Anyway sa mga contact lens wearers, just make sure you regularly clean your contacts (if using extended/daily ones) and your hands are clean when putting them on. If you can avoid it, don't wear your contacts more than 8 hours a day.

paalala lang po ang contact lens ay di maganda ....later on masisira ang iyong mata...if i were you eyeglass n lang.....much better pa nga kung stigma p lang dont wear your glasses all the time pagnaka ramdam lang kayo ng masakit sa mata or ulo kung okey lang dnt wear it....ako dati may eyeglass din kaso 1 year lang soot ko now wala na...wag lang kayo maghilamos ng pagod , katatapos magbasa, kagigising lang. wag matulog basa ang buhok. wag talian ang buhok kung basa. wag manood ng t.v. na nkahiga at kailangan you are 12 ft away sa t.v. kasi ang travel ng radiation ng t.v. is 12 feet straight.

am sure sa mga nag wear ng eye glass nakaramdam kayo palagi ng mingraine....best thing to do is sleep, magkagay ng cold water sa water bag at mag cold compress sa ulo, or magpahilot. follow my advise guys

Glasses are a hassle for badminton, running, tennis. Forced to wear contact lenses after losing glasses while doing sports.

Have 'em both....

yun nga lang kapal glasses ko kasi taas grade nang mata ko....

planning to undergo laser treatment....sis ko dati -11.00. but after the laser treatment(mga five year na nakakalipas) 20/20 vision na sya

Edited by Alucard

Alucard, tell us how your laser treatment went when you've undergone it. I'm very interested in the laser treatment but I haven't met anyone who has undergone it. I've also read about it and it's not really for everyone.

From the ads that I see in the US, one eye for laser treatment costs less than a $1000.

Edited by muffy69
i prefer eyeglasses. medyo nakakatakot kasi ang contacts. had an experience before and i don't want it to happen agen.

you are right. kasi po pag contact lens lalo magasgas yong irish ng mata nyo....kung ako sa inyo eye glass na lang...may isa pa ako advise....kung kaya kayo sumusoot ng eyeglass dahil sa sumsakit mata nyo....better pahilot nyo na lang po....or medyo di kayo makakita or nanlalabo mata nyo...better relax nyo muna mata nyo at saka dnt use eye mo or visine better po yong mineral water ilagay nyo sa ref at yon ang pang patak nyo sa mata nyo...mas maganda po pa....if ever nasa harap kayo ng computer wear sunglass for eye protection po...wag magbasa ng mukha pagpagod ga;ling sa pagbabasa, kulang tulog o puyat

Alucard, tell us how your laser treatment went when you've undergone it.  I'm very interested in the laser treatment but I haven't met anyone who has undergone it.  I've also read about it and it's not really for everyone.

From the ads that I see in the US, one eye for laser treatment costs less than a $1000.

I prefer wearing glasses but when it comes to swimming, playing sports, and participating in rugged activities, I need to wear contact lenses. Muffy69, I live in L.A. and 4 years ago, I went to a laser eye treatment center in Long Beach for an evaluation. The center informed me that I was a good candidate and kept pestering me to have the procedure done.

Fortunately, my uncle is an ophthalmologist. He has been practicing in the U.S. for the past 50 years and every 6 months he practices in the Philippines. The facility for which he works in the Philippines performs laser eye surgery. I decided to get the procedure done in my uncle’s facility. The facility’s doctors performed a comprehensive eye exam. After evaluating the results, the facility’s laser eye surgeon informed me that my pupils are too wide and that no present laser can treat cases that are similar to mine. He also added that the procedure would permanently lead to poor night vision.

Okay, you may now be thinking that the Long Beach facility’s laser is superior to that of my uncle’s facility. Well, my uncle’s son (my cousin) is also an ophthalmologist. He got his undergrad and medical degree from Ivy League schools and he is the reason (he probably saved my vision) for my electing to have the procedure done in the Philippines. He informed me that the doctors of Harvard medical envied the doctors of my uncle’s facility for having more advanced equipment.

If you are going to get treatment, do your due diligence. Much better if you personally know the doctor.

jawwell, I appreciate the info. Thanks a lot. I guess I could ask a doctor-friend who could refer me to an opthalmologist. :)

It would be kinda weird for me not to wear my eyeglasses though. I only take them off when I wash my face, take a bath, have my picture taken or go to bed. Honestly, I feel naked without them. Ahihihi. :D

Alucard, tell us how your laser treatment went when you've undergone it.  I'm very interested in the laser treatment but I haven't met anyone who has undergone it.  I've also read about it and it's not really for everyone.

Well so far so good naman for my sister...going five years na since her treatment and still ok naman. Yup for one eye mga $1000(around PHP50,000). Before I left for dubai, I inquired about the treatment(Sa American Eye sa loob Medical city sa Ortigas Center) so ganun nga ang gastos.

So pag uwi ko this year, I'll undergo the treatment. Off patient naman. Same day you can see and feel the result.

Tried contacts before, kaso mabusisi, laluna't noong early morning (like 5:30 a.m.) ang shift ko. Imagine your eyes hurting like hell kapag bagong gising ka't ilalagay mo 'yung contacts. Ang hapdi!

I switched back to glasses now, kaso there are times na parang gusto kong mag-contacts laluna't nakikita mo 'yung mga cool-looking shades ngayon saka kapag naglalaro ako ng airsoft (my glasses tend to fog up behind my mask) B)