Books We Loved When We Were Kids

Grimace

Guest temperamental
I started reading Dr Seuss books. My favorite is Go Dog Go!! and Are you my mother?

When I had my kids, I bought them another set of Dr. Seuss books. Sometimes I still read those books to them before they sleep. They still love it. :D

green eggs and ham =)

"Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach. To me the most inspirational of all, since it tells of overcoming one's limitations, and doing things above the norm.

"Winter of the Birds" - I forgot who wrote it. It tells of a young boy who's dream was to be a hero.

"The Carpenter, and other stories" - various authors. It's a choice selection of "christian" stories. I have re-read this piece about a hundred times during my teens, and I would probably still read it today, even if I have become a nontheist.

hmmm jonathan seagull got hidden stoff about sex, love!!  :D i love the enid blytons books ,they got these fairies,gnomes and pixies around..i love the stories!!! they're cute and fonny and and the drawings are awesome!!

That I know, love...

And oh, there was this thick green Webster dictionary and thick illustrated bible i used to "play" with when I was about 5. Darn things gave me dyslexia a workout,and a friggin' mental overload.

- the nancy drew series... i remember a whole pile of hardbound ones passed down from my titas.

- dr. seuss

- enid blyton

- shel silverstein's poetry and picture books... the giving tree, the missing piece, the missing piece meets the big o, where the sidewalk ends... and i still read them to this day.

- the anne series by l.m. montgomery... no literary heroine figured in my life as largely as anne did... she was central to my growing up.

- pride and prejudice, sense and sensibility.

- the count of monte cristo

- sweet valley twins and sweet valley high... and, of course, the campier sweet dreams.

:)