Photo

The Pnp And Afp

Combat ships BRP Jose Rizal BRP Antonio Luna AFP PNP Phil Govt.

• Please log in to reply
3501 replies to this topic

#3501 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4351 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:17 PM

FA-50s weren't an overkill. They were force multipliers in a sense that due to their sophisticated targeting avionics, even ordinary dumb bombs were hitting their targets squarely.

The A-29s are currently in the pipeline.

Ayan isa pa yan. Dakdak ng dakdak yang si Lord Panginoong Duterte na walang naitulong yang America sa Marawi pero nung paubos na stocks ng PAF kanin0 ba sila tumakbo??? Pati real-time aerial intel san ba galing? diba sa P-3C Orion aircraft and mga drones ng US saka P-3C din ng Australia?

Samantalang yung mga binigay na rifle ng China ayaw gamitin ng tropa... "Ikaw ba ipagkakatiwala mo buhay mo sa made in China? Gatas nga nila di nila maayos yan pa." are a common sentiment of our boys on the ground nung Marawi Crisis.

https://www.philstar...s-rockets-bombs

MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine Air Force cargo plane dispatched to the United States on a supply run last month is back in the country with a load of rockets and munitions needed to replenish the stockpile of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).

The defense and military leadership sent the C-130 Hercules cargo aircraft to Tucson, Arizona to bring home the bombs and rockets needed for the airstrikes in Marawi City to flush out the Maute terrorists.

“Those munitions are intended for (the attack) aircraft,” Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said.

Lorenzana earlier said the military’s inventory of munitions for FA50s and other aircraft was running low in the offensive against the Mautes in Marawi.

The AFP is currently using FA50s, OV-10 Bronco attack aircraft and SIAI-Marchetti SF-260 light attack planes as well as the AgustaWestland AW-109 and MG-520 attack helicopters in hitting the well-entrenched Maute gunmen.

I'm glad that they used the FA-50 in Marawi. At least it boosts our morale and showed the Filipinos the importance of modernizing our defense capabilities. But the FA-50s are not the right equipment for Close Air Support (CAS). The OV-10 Broncos and the the modified SF-260s are well suited for CAS. The Broncos are capable of delivering PGMs and can stay longer in the battle area to provide CAS. Too bad we do not have the A-29 Super Tucanos yet. 

I doubt the accuracy of the troops refusing to use the Chinese-made rifles. They will do as they are ordered. Besides, the Chinese rifles are intended for use by the PNP not the Army.

#3502 heatseeker0714

heatseeker0714

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

I'm glad that they used the FA-50 in Marawi. At least it boosts our morale and showed the Filipinos the importance of modernizing our defense capabilities. But the FA-50s are not the right equipment for Close Air Support (CAS). The OV-10 Broncos and the the modified SF-260s are well suited for CAS. The Broncos are capable of delivering PGMs and can stay longer in the battle area to provide CAS. Too bad we do not have the A-29 Super Tucanos yet. 

I doubt the accuracy of the troops refusing to use the Chinese-made rifles. They will do as they are ordered. Besides, the Chinese rifles are intended for use by the PNP not the Army.

You use what you currently have... Our Broncos and Warriors can use the dumb bombs but the accuracys not that great compared to the FA-50... on the other hand, dont ask me how I know, we currently have around 20 smart bombs that can be lobbed by our Broncos, however use of these needs concurrence of US Indo-Pacific Command, plus like I said theres only around 20 of these and are quite pricey and supplys limited because Uncle Sam also has high demand for it.

Chinese rifles are for both AFP and PNP units, however our frontline troops returned theirs to GHQ and submitted their evaluations and recommendations on said rifles. Havent heard any news yet that these were returned to the front line units.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Combat ships, BRP Jose Rizal, BRP Antonio Luna, AFP, PNP, Phil Govt.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users