Best Lechon in and out of town

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a cebuano and I'm proud of the Cebu's lechon. There is only one lechon in Cebu that has no equal... it's CNT Lechon.

i go to cebu at least twice a year. eaten at cnt with friends in 3 different occasions, but i never ever liked its salty taste. very salty indeed. you'd be better off with the spicy version, where the lines are much shorter.

when i visited my physician friend in mactan last march 2010 i had tasted the best lechon in my life. this roasting guy supplies lechons to senators and other bigwigs in manila until now. he raises his own pigs (we didn't ask what he feeds them) and carefully chooses his herbs and plants to stuff the pigs before roasting. for that particular day he roasted at the doctor's backyard. it's a blessing my friend knows him.

in my opinion, he's not alone: his 'secret' is probably known and being practiced by hundreds of cebuanos in different parts of the country. for that we should be thankful. i prefer mila's here in manila for plain but tasty and crispy lechon

Edited by remoteworld
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Syempre msarap ang lechon na gawa sa bahay namin. Siguradong malinis, lutung-luto, hindi tipid sa spices na nilalagay sa loob, at healthy yung baboy kasi kami ang nagpalaki. At pinapaliguan pa ng Pepsi. :lol:

[kaso di ako kumakain ng lechon]

• 1 month later...

yung CNT masarap, of course it's from Cebu.

from Manila, masarap yung Leonardo's, sa San Juan siya based.

taga Marilao ako so, ok na rin yung kay Angel's (who makes superb sarsa as well) at yung naglilitson sa palenke sa Meralco Village, sa Lias tuwing linggo.

Tip: kung parang walang lasa yung lechon at hindi naman maalat, lamasin ninyo ng asin, yung tama lang wag sosobra, dun lumalabas yung sarap nung lechon

Leftover lechon (kung meron man):

1. fried left over lechon is the best - try niyo, perfect breakfast with tomatoes and salt

2. of course lechon paksiw - but not to sour, iba kasi madami mag suka so ang asim. the best kung tamng may asim lang at di maasim, may alat lang at di maalat, may tamis lang at di matamis. try also adding thyme and a dash of cinnamon. oks!

3. sinigang na lechon - you wouldn't believe how great this tastes. excellent alternative to paksiw for left overs.

Best part to get:

1. BATOK - it's a meaty part with the right amount of fat. Unlike your liempo which is too fatty, or your other meaty parts that are too dry or don't have enought fat or flavor, batok has just the right amount for perfect flavorfull meat.

2. Yung lasa ng spices, rub , babad mostly nasa may RIBS. Usually also the saltiest parts. Best for your sinigang na lechon, even barbequed lechon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...