Today's music is garbage

ricardo23

singers.. musicians.. technicians are superior than the past decades.. look at Lady Gaga at the Academy awards... at Miley Cyrus when she's singing and not undressing..at the winners of reality contests like the Voice.. American Idol..and other talents shows..etc.. The problem lies with the songs being written today.. Too much emotion..BUT TOO LITTLE OR NO MELODY AT ALL.. try humming or whistling their tune.. impossible.. too many lyrics..not enough music to carry it through.. computers are the bane??? not at all.. it's the musicians total dependence on them that is the culprit.. The Grammy's have noticed the lethargy that is the music scene of today.. A good example would be Adele (she's a great singer.. in any musical era) award-winning rendition of the James Bond theme SKYFALL.. it was old school keeping to tradition of all the previous Bond themes.. THEN CAME . LET IT GO from Frozen,, it won the award.. but was it memorable..??? hardly..

That may be the case if you limit your references to the US music industry.

If you listen to UK bands, it's a whole new different story

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our parents din naman probably said the same thing the day we started listening to to whatever music was popular then.

IMO popular music comes and goes like fads do. But real artistry will stand the test of time. Think about guys like The beatles, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury with his band Queen. Or kung satin yung Eraserheads and Francis Magalona. These are people whose music is defined by artistry. They made sounds not only pleasing to the ears, but distinctly theirs. Thus you can keep listening to their music 10 20 or 100 years from now.

Yung mga pop groups nung late 90s mabilis talagang nalaos, kasi hindi naman sila artist. Produkto lang sila ng mga record labels na ginawa for the music video era. Kaya nung tumanda na sila, nawalan na din sila ng followers. I am not saying they do not have talent. Its just that their music is only appealing to the people at that particular time.

• 3 months later...

Part of growing old? Siguro...

Well, there are still some skilled artist out there, sadly di lang sila nabibigyan ng chance by the labels.

Minsan nakikinig rin naman ako ng mga new tracks from time to time, you just have to give'em a try. But then again, meron paring mga tracks na parang na-recycle lang. Some "artist" lack creativity and originality.

Pero iba parin talaga ang old school and classic tunes. They never fail!

I guess it's all relative. I can still hear my dad deploring the music that came out of my room. I can imagine me complaining about what my daughters will listen to when they come of age. But I feel that there's still some stuff out there that comes out that is still provocative, deep and well-written. They might be harder to find now, but they're still around d and still being churned out, albeit in smaller quantities I guess. Hehehehehe.

• 2 weeks later...

How to look for decent music today: Turn off the radio, TV etc.

Of course, mainstream music is s@%t coz they're just the same garbage you hear everyday. There are so many great artists out there today, look for them.

If you're bitching about today's music being garbage, then you're no different from the masses na naghihintay ispoonfeed ng next pop song.

Konting effort lang :)