Favorite Classic Rock Bands?

dixiewhiskey

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen, Judas Priest, Sex Pistols (Classic Punk Rock), Alice Cooper, Motorhead, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, KISS, AC/DC, Van Halen, Nazareth..

My favorite is really the Ozzy led Black Sabbath.. Iommi, Butler, Ward and Osbourne were the pioneers of what we now call heavy metal.. The riffs of Iommi, the beat of Butler and Ward have influenced so many bands.. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, Venom, Anthrax, Sacred Reich.. the foursome were not afraid to release music that tackled the occult --- and it was not subliminal it was in your face.. just listen to "Black Sabbath," "NIB," and the song abt the end of the world - "War Pigs." At that time these were very very new.. people even considered them satanists but they are not.. as a witch once asked them to play and they declined.. that 's why they had the wooden crosses on their necks coz the witch warned that she would put a hex on them..

They were the catalysts.. Ewan ko ba the voice of Ozzy is not good.. but when he sings together with Tony's, Bill's and Geezer's musical instruments.. it blends well and it echoes one of the best sounds of the heavy metal genre.. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dobermaxx

Guys, I've noticed a lot of your posts include bands from the 80's and early 90's. I don't think those can be considered classic rock. Classic rock is mostly the groundbreaking music that came out in the mid sixties to late 70's before the advent of MTV.

Other than that, at my age I refuse to accept that bands i grew up listening to are now considered classic :P