DECEASED

ETERNAL NOW

FUSEBOXX

KRONOS

DEATH BY STEREO

DAHONG PALAY

LAVOS BECKON

CHAMBER 69

June 5, 2004, 8pm. Caliente Bar, Ermita (Orosa cor. Padre Faura near Robinson's)

Entrance: 150php (100php consumable)

immo! :evil: complimentary naman jan...pasok mo na lang kami ng juwawa ko...k lang po ba yun? ... i'll buy you a drink? :D

immo! :evil: complimentary naman jan...pasok mo na lang kami ng juwawa ko...k lang po ba yun? ... i'll buy you a drink? :D

He, he. Libre lang din ako papasok pare. :P Hindi naman ako organizer ng show e, so di kaya ng powers ko na magpa-compli. 300php lang naman damage sa inyong dalawa ng kommander mo, kayanin mo na yun. 11 bands ang tutugtog, maghahati-hati pa yan sa kikitain ng show. Isipin mo na lang na suporta para sa local metal bands and sa scene. See you at the gig, k? B)

He, he. Libre lang din ako papasok pare. :P Hindi naman ako organizer ng show e, so di kaya ng powers ko na magpa-compli. 300php lang naman damage sa inyong dalawa ng kommander mo, kayanin mo na yun. 11 bands ang tutugtog, maghahati-hati pa yan sa kikitain ng show. Isipin mo na lang na suporta para sa local metal bands and sa scene. See you at the gig, k? B)

hmmmm...sige na nga...it reminds me of my band days...haaaay those were the times...sa Cafe Romeo, sa Dredd, sa Mayrics, sa shity bar dun sa Pasay - ano nga name nun?, sa concerts....haaay bentahan ng tickets to the last drop para may pamajak at pang ensayo :D Rak en rol :)

sige pare suportahan natin ito...will be there tonight...mag ho-host ba si Dylan? :wub:

Wolfgang at their heaviest was a Sabbath/Maiden-influenced hard rock band who had one metal album (Wurm).

Me friend ako sa Engalnd then sabi nya gusto nya mapakinggan mga local bands natin so I send some cs's from our local bands among them Wolfgang, Razorback, Sky Church, etc. Nagustuhan niya Sky Church at Wolfgang sabi nga nya parang early Black Sabbath ang sound ng Wolfgang.

hmmmm...sige na nga...it reminds me of my band days...haaaay those were the times...sa Cafe Romeo, sa Dredd, sa Mayrics, sa shity bar dun sa Pasay - ano nga name nun?, sa concerts....haaay bentahan ng tickets to the last drop para may pamajak at pang ensayo :D Rak en rol :)

sige pare suportahan natin ito...will be there tonight...mag ho-host ba si Dylan? :wub:

Hey, so did you go to the show last night? Dylan wasn't around as she was in another gig that night. Shiela, our new Aussie collaborator, was around during the early part of the show. But she only got to catch two bands as she had to be somewhere else that night. I wasn't able to finish the show. Hanggang Death By Stereo lang ako. 3:30 am na kasi and I had someplace to go in the afternoon.

But by all accounts the show was great! Almost all metal genres were represented: from thrash (Kronos, Resurrected, Death By Stereo, Deceased), power/traditional metal (Lavos Beckon), grind (Chamber 69), black metal (Archaic Argot), doom (Sea of Rains), prog (Fuseboxx, Eternal Now). Death metal lang ang kulang. At ang isa pang nakakatuwa sa show, hindi kumonti yung audience as the night fell deeper. Karamihan sa crowd stayed from start to finish (well except for me :unsure: ), talagang lahat ng banda gusto nilang mapanood. Ganyan ka uhaw sa metal ang local audience natin.

They said there'll be another Gods of Metal later this month, also at Caliente. I'll post details once it's available. Hope you guys can go too!

Me friend ako sa Engalnd then sabi nya gusto nya mapakinggan mga local bands natin so I send some cs's from our local bands among them Wolfgang, Razorback, Sky Church, etc. Nagustuhan niya Sky Church at Wolfgang sabi nga nya parang early Black Sabbath ang sound ng Wolfgang.

Sabbath naman talaga ang manin influence ng Wolfgang e. Back in the day, before they even released albums, I used to see Wolfgang a lot at the Atrium in Makati sa mga "Weekends Live" shows. Their set was consisted predominantly of Sabbath covers.

Funny story: So during one of those occasions that we were watching Wolfgang in their early cover bands days, I was standing close to them while they were playing. It's common that the audience will shout what songs they want the band to play. So I shouted "War Pigs!!!". And then Basti looks to me and shouts back, "Yeah, it's coming!" :lol:

Kakatuwa ng Archaic Argot w/ all the corpse paint they have. :)

Dr. Love, so you made it to the show! San banda ka naka-puwesto? What shirt were you wearing?

Yup, Argot was entertaining. They were so "evil". :lol: Nagulat ako nang bigla nilang i-unplug yung instruments nila. Withour any warning tapos na pala yung set nila.

But by all accounts the show was great! Almost all metal genres were represented: from thrash (Kronos, Resurrected, Death By Stereo, Deceased), power/traditional metal (Lavos Beckon), grind (Chamber 69), black metal (Archaic Argot), doom (Sea of Rains), prog (Fuseboxx, Eternal Now). Death metal lang ang kulang. At ang isa pang nakakatuwa sa show, hindi kumonti yung audience as the night fell deeper. Karamihan sa crowd stayed from start to finish (well except for me  ), talagang lahat ng banda gusto nilang mapanood. Ganyan ka uhaw sa metal ang local audience natin.

They said there'll be another Gods of Metal later this month, also at Caliente. I'll post details once it's available. Hope you guys can go too!

nah..i didnt...sad, dahil lahat ng yayain ko lumabas na ng Fri at ekups day nila ang buong sat dahil sa take home :cool: (RAKenROL! :cool: ) kaya la me nakasama, my chic did'nt lyk the idea, baka daw himatayin siya kaya ayun...haaaay...will try to catch the next one though...promise :) wud have been nice to hear DBS again...btw anobody knew what happend to DAB? or sila sila na rin yung mga banda na yun? :)

Rock on' B)

nah..i didnt...sad, dahil lahat ng yayain ko lumabas na ng Fri at ekups day nila ang buong sat dahil sa take home :cool: (RAKenROL! :cool: ) kaya la me nakasama, my chic did'nt lyk the idea, baka daw himatayin siya kaya ayun...haaaay...will try to catch the next one though...promise :) wud have been nice to hear DBS again...btw anobody knew what happend to DAB? or sila sila na rin yung mga banda na yun? :)

Rock on' B)

Well, hopefully matuloy yung susunod sa June 26. There's a strong chance that I might be there too.

Death By Stereo played a strong set, one of the strongest of the night in fact.

What DAB are you referring to? Death After Birth ba? Medyo nalabuan din ako dun sa last sentence mo, pa-linaw naman ng tanong.

O eto muna picture ng nu-Metallica with nu-Anthrax.

post-62-1086588937.jpg

Well, hopefully matuloy yung susunod sa June 26. There's a strong chance that I might be there too.

Death By Stereo played a strong set, one of the strongest of the night in fact.

What DAB are you referring to? Death After Birth ba? Medyo nalabuan din ako dun sa last sentence mo, pa-linaw naman ng tanong.

O eto muna picture ng nu-Metallica with nu-Anthrax.

yup Death After Birth...ano nangyari sa kanila?

Immortal666: I was wearing a grey polo shirt that night. Paiba-iba ako ng puwesto so I can get a better view of the bands. Nung nakita ko Archaic Argot & it was the 1st time that I saw them, I told myself "S#*t, may ganito palang banda sa Pilipinas." Tapos yung guitarist sa Eternal Now, yun ata yung manager sa Perfect Pitch sa Ayala. He's one hell of a shredder. Watching that show makes me wanna form a band again & rock out. :)

GOD OF METAL 9

featuring:

RESURRECTED

SEA OF RAINS

ARCHAIC ARGOT

DECEASED

ETERNAL NOW

FUSEBOXX

KRONOS

DEATH BY STEREO

DAHONG PALAY

LAVOS BECKON

CHAMBER 69

June 5, 2004, 8pm. Caliente Bar, Ermita (Orosa cor. Padre Faura near Robinson's)

Entrance: 150php (100php consumable)

Sh!t!!! Tagal ko na kasi di nakakadaan sa thread na to. I missed the gig.

Diba yung vocalist ng Death by Stereo yung naging novelty artist ngayon. I heard sya yung kumanta ng jukebox hit na "larawang kupas" :lol: :lol: :lol: . But back then they were really good. As a matter of fact my former band opened up for one of their gigs back in CAFE ROMEO last '95. We played WAR PIGS (Faith no More version), Refuse/Resist, and Territory (Sepultura).

And I miss Dahong Palay as well.

Kelan ba magkaka-gig na ganito ulit???

And to those who'll be watching LINKIN PORK... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by dj_flip03
Immortal666: I was wearing a grey polo shirt that night. Paiba-iba ako ng puwesto so I can get a better view of the bands. Nung nakita ko Archaic Argot & it was the 1st time that I saw them, I told myself "S#*t, may ganito palang banda sa Pilipinas." Tapos yung guitarist sa Eternal Now, yun ata yung manager sa Perfect Pitch sa Ayala. He's one hell of a shredder. Watching that show makes me wanna form a band again & rock out. :)

I don't know if you saw me. I was at the soundboard most of the time although nasa harap ako nung Archaic Argot any tumutugtog. I was doing some of the introductions to the bands and we were playing cds in-between sets. I was the one who did the intro to Deceased, Sea of Rains and Death By Stereo.

Yung singer ng Death By Stereo, si Jerome Abalos, siya rin yung lumang singer nila. I was chatting with him before they played and he was actually nice and metalhead talaga siya. Siya na lang daw yung naiwan sa original lineup ng DBS. He offered no apologies for his solo, Bon Jovi-like "Larawang Kupas" stint. He explained that it allowed him to bring the "live-musician" feel back to being a solo artist.

Sh!t!!! Tagal ko na kasi di nakakadaan sa thread na to. I missed the gig.

Diba yung vocalist ng Death by Stereo yung naging novelty artist ngayon. I heard sya yung kumanta ng jukebox hit na "larawang kupas" :lol: :lol: :lol: . But back then they were really good. As a matter of fact my former band opened up for one of their gigs back in CAFE ROMEO last '95. We played WAR PIGS (Faith no More version), Refuse/Resist, and Territory (Sepultura).

And I miss Dahong Palay as well.

Kelan ba magkaka-gig na ganito ulit???

And to those who'll be watching LINKIN PORK... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sa June 26 meron uli, God of Metal 10. Twice a month pala ang series of gigs na 'to. I'll post the details once it's available. Daan ka kasi ng mas madalas, DJ Flip. ;)

Yup, siya nga yung kumanta ng Larawang Kupas. Pero metal na metal parin siya pag-kausap mo. In touch siya sa current metal scene.

Hindi nakatugtog yung Dahong Palay that night for some unknown reason.

Anong pangalan ng band mo dati, DJ Flip? Nag-play din ba kayo sa Dredd?

Sa June 26 meron uli, God of Metal 10. Twice a month pala ang series of gigs na 'to. I'll post the details once it's available. Daan ka kasi ng mas madalas, DJ Flip. ;)

Yup, siya nga yung kumanta ng Larawang Kupas. Pero metal na metal parin siya pag-kausap mo. In touch siya sa current metal scene.

Hindi nakatugtog yung Dahong Palay that night for some unknown reason.

Anong pangalan ng band mo dati, DJ Flip? Nag-play din ba kayo sa Dredd?

Never had a chance to play at Dredd. We used to play at Cafe Romeo and at Yosh Cafe. I'm a proud breed of ROAA studios (know that?). My Band's name was ProximaCentauri. I dont think you've heard of that band coz it never lasted for a year.

Let's have a moment of silence to mourn the passing of Tomas Forsberg aka Quorthon, mainman of the legendary and highly influential Swedish black/viking metal band BATHORY. He passed away on June 7, 2004 due to a heart attack. He was 39 years old.

for more info go to:

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/ne...ewsitemID=23444

attached is a picture of Quorthon

now playing: Bathory - Home of Once Brave

post-62-1086730449.jpg

I don't know if you saw me. I was at the soundboard most of the time although nasa harap ako nung Archaic Argot any tumutugtog. I was doing some of the introductions to the bands and we were playing cds in-between sets. I was the one who did the intro to Deceased, Sea of Rains and Death By Stereo.

Yung singer ng Death By Stereo, si Jerome Abalos, siya rin yung lumang singer nila. I was chatting with him before they played and he was actually nice and metalhead talaga siya. Siya na lang daw yung naiwan sa original lineup ng DBS. He offered no apologies for his solo, Bon Jovi-like "Larawang Kupas" stint. He explained that it allowed him to bring the "live-musician" feel back to being a solo artist.

Kaw pala yun. Too bad you have to leave early. Mga 5am na natapos yung gig. Pagka-uwi ko tulog agad ako. He! He! He! :)

I haven't heard "Larawang Kupas" yet. Tagal ko na kasing di nakikinig ng radyo.

Heh, heh, you didn't need to intently listen to the radio to hear "Larawang Kupas" sometime back. Parang naging hit din yun e. Kung sumakay ka sa jeep, bus or somewhere public and there's a radio playing, malamang maririnig mo yun e. Kaya siguro nagkaroon siya ng pang-budget para mag Death By Stereo uli.

This June 26 daw ang Gods of Metal 10 e. Sa Caliente uli ang venue. Twice a month pala ang Gods of Metal series of gigs.

I'm not sure kung paano mapasama sa lineup. Maybe you can approach one of the organizers on the next gig and ask them the details.

hello fellow HB's :evil:

bad trip ma mi miss ko nanaman tong GOM 10, may lakad ako ng 27th maaga yun kaya di ako pwede uminom at mag paumaga :( sayang...neways, kung twice a month pala yun e d sa GOM 11 na lang me present :cool:

Ayun!!!...YOSH nga! yan yung shity bar sa pasay right? :D nakasabay namin dun puro punkilitos at Oi's :D Mga couple of third gen punks ;)

Never heard of Bathory...neways condolence na din... :cry: im sure he is in a good place... :evil: