Filipino Hospitality

pinoy are hospitable by nature, it's because of the spanish trait and culture we inherited. but the difference is wealth, spaniards are more wealthy compared to pinoys so in short parang nagiging impractical tayo at all times resulting to pagiging mayabang. kahit wala ka ng pera basta may maihanda ka lang oks na! yan ang pinoy.

indeed, very well said bro.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
1360324580[/url]' post='8530634']

Hinde ko rin alam kung sincere o pakitang tao lang ang Filipino hospitality. I'd like to think it's the former.

1360957399[/url]' post='8538491']

I imagine some people are really sincere, while the others pretend to be hospitable because they're expected to.

in my experience, those who are in the middle to lower social class are sincerely hospitable to any ordinary joe or jane than those who count themselves as the elite of the society.dry.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm a fairly well-traveled person and I have met hospitality employees of all races and creed.

Filipinos are "madaling-kausap" in general. If you have any special requests, they can accommodate you even if it's not their standard procedure. European, American and Indian hospitality employees are more of a "sticker-to-the-rules". That's not necessarily a bad thing but it may annoy you once in a while when you're taking a vacation.

Pag front desk, concierge or support ok talaga ang Filipino employees but in terms of focus Indian staff are on a different level. They don't chat while at work and have generally a good eye for detail. When you ask something, they won't say "they don't know". Many will take the effort to get the answer from the person responsible.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

we always hear others (foreigners specially) praise us filipinos for being a very welcoming and hospitable people.

truly, we go out of our way to make sure our guests are comfortable, we show them our best behavior, treat them to the best food, the best room in the house, etc. etc. --- we all know the drill.

but i got to thinking: are we hospitable because we feel inferior? is hospitality the result of a difference in social rank?

do we treat others whom we feel beneath us the same way? example: if the family of your katulong came to spend the night, would you give them the guest room?

note that in countries like france and australia, they're not as hospitable as we are. is it because the french and the australians feel superior to us?

what do u think?

I think being colonized by other countries for hundred of years made an impact to our society even today.

Most people feel inferior whenever there are foreigners around.

Ask yourself this: if a stranger ask you for money versus a local. I bet you will consider giving to a foreigner more right?

This is because there is a much bigger chance that the foreigner is somehow rich in your subconscious and could potentially gave a reward.

Welcome to the third world but this is how we see white people in general. I hope someday this will not be the case.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...