Brods and Sis:
Pursuant to our MOA -- signed by NP Bro Jimmy de Castro and GK Executive Director Mr. Tony Meloto -- with Gawad Kalinga, the Kalinga ng APO / Bawat APO Bayani will be launched during the 1MB (Isang Milyong Bayani) ceremonies on June 21, 2007 (Thursday) at the Araneta Coliseum, Cubao, Quezon City from 1:00 to 5pm.
Alumni and Resident Brothers and Sisters are encourgaged to participate in this activity which will help forge our linkage with Gawad Kalinga field officers throughout the nation. Also, t-shirts and Kalinga ng APO caps will be distributed (on a First Come, First Serve basis) to be worn by volunteers during and after the event.
Participants are requested to come in APO shirts for ready identification and photo ops during the assembly/registration period (12nn-1pm) at the Araneta Coliseum parking lot across the Farmers Plaza Wet Market.
The target number of APO participants / volunteers is 400. We need to submit a list of participants to pre-register initial APO volunteers to the 1MB program.
One bus each will be stationed in the following areas:
1. UP Manila / PGH (to serve Brods and Sis from Taft Avenue and Intramuros). Departure: 11:00 am
2. UST (to serve U-Belt Brods and Sis). Departure: 11:30 am
3. UP Diliman (to serve L-belt Brods and Sis as well as those from other areas of QC). Departure: 12:00 nn
4. Total Gas Station near Letran, Calamba (to serve SLAR Brods and Sis) Departure: 10:00 am
Please coordinate with any of the following officers for your chapter/alumni association's participation:
1. Brod Egay Llarena, incumbent EVP / Chairman-elect
2. Brod Bong Cruz, incumbent VP for the Alumni / EVP-elect
3. Brod Ernie Alcanzare, NED
4. Brod Ismael Pelayo, VP for the Fraternity-elect
5. Sis Rikki Liquigan -- VP for the Sorority-elect
6. Brod Winnie Abordo, Alumni RAD-elect, NCAR
7. Brod Ariel Darilag, Collegiate RAD-elect
8. Brod Sherwin Enriquez, Deputy RAD-elect
9. Brod Ace Somera, RAD, SLAR
(*** I have contact numbers of officers above. PM me if you need them. Posting numbers are not allowed in this board)
Ceremonially, APO National Officers will exchange a paddle for a shovel from GK National Officers.
Many service oriented Filipinos will be present during the ceremonies. Let us make APO's presence be felt!!!! please note that we are the FIRST and thus far the ONLY fraternity that GK is closely coordinating and working with.
All constructive suggestions to make APOs participation in the event as significant as possible are welcome.
All Information Officers, Gatekeepers, APO e-group Moderators and Webmasters of APO Phils are requested to post this message.
In Leadership, Friendship and Service,
nAku PO!! ngayon pala to.. teka ... see you all there.
may we laways be