• Please log in to reply
1738 replies to this topic

#61 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1027 posts
  • Interests:beach, travel, sports, margarita, sangria, books, hanging out with fun people

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

starting the day with a positive outlook? you know what they say about self fulfilling prophecies...

when did you start writing? it seems you have a knack for it.

you have travel plans in september? where did you go for this month?

Oh thank you J. Im surprised to hear that. English writing was my lowest grade in school, together with Filipino. And once I applied in our school paper, I was rejected. Kahit as photographer, di rin ako tinanggap. Posted Image

I didn't intentionally start writing. I just started relaying my stories here in mtc from sexcapades to food trips, just like any member of mtc. Salamat naman kung appreciate nyo ang sulat ko. Sarap naman sa pakiramdam.

Maulan ngayon, pero aakyat pa rin ako papuntang Tagaytay. Dumating kasi bestfriend ko from the U.S. kaya ipapasyal ko sila.

I don't travel every month. But last month I went to Singapore and spent some time with my barkada there. Lahat kasi sila nasa Singapore na. Pag sobra akong down dito, I really need to be around people that I am most comfortable with. Takas lang nga ako. Di alam ng boss ko nag abroad ako. hehehe! Pero nakarma din ata ako, Tawag ba naman ng tawag. Patay ako sa phone charges.

But I do love traveling, kahit dito lang sa Pilipinas. Ganda naman kasi dito sa atin, Gusto ko nga pumunta ng Sagada. Balita ko ganda raw doon. Maganda rin daw yung Bellaroca, sa Marinduque ata yun. And lastly, gusto kong bumalik ng Davao. Sarap sarap ng fruits doon at mahangin. Plus, mababait ang mga tao. Dati kasi naghold ako ng seminar doon. Pagkatapos ng seminar ko, ang dami kong fruits nakuha mula sa estudyante. Sweet di ba? Posted Image Tapos inalalayan pa ako lumakad pabalik sa hotel ko. Madalang na lang ang ganun dito sa Manila. Kaya noong niyaya ako ng Ateneo de Davao to teach Finance there, I was so tempted to accept it.

Good morning sa inyong lahat. Posted Image

#62 ganjaman318

ganjaman318

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1435 posts
  • Interests:good books, good movies, great company, drinking, talking about politics and stuff...

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

Oh yes, for the past decade, Apple was able to transform its company from near bankruptcy to one of the most valuable company in the world. And this can be attributed to its continuing product innovation and strategic foresight under the leadership of STeve Jobs.

Big shoes to fill for Tim Cook. However, I believe that Apple's product line up would continue to fill the coffers of Apple from their operating system to Iphone 5 and IPAD3 to be launched end of the year. With only hardly 5% share in the market worldwide, Apple has a lot of room to grow as a reliable alternative to Windows.

But personally, $373 is just too heavy on my pocket. With a base line that high, I can only hope for a 20-25% profit. I don't have much money, so I have to choose well. I remember that sweet time when Citigroup reached an all time low of $1. When it reached $2 a few days after, that already meant a 100% profit. But of course, it didn't stop to $2 and it went as high as $4-5. Those are sweet times indeed. Posted Image

the thing about stocks is you have to first answer the question if you're in for the long haul or in it to make a fast buck... I'm a chart kind of guy as opposed to fundamentalists who need to get info... then again to each his own...

#63 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts
  • Interests:beach, travel, sports, margarita, sangria, books, hanging out with fun people

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

the thing about stocks is you have to first answer the question if you're in for the long haul or in it to make a fast buck... I'm a chart kind of guy as opposed to fundamentalists who need to get info... then again to each his own...

I used to be a fundamentalist, and would usually hold it for a long time. But that kind of strategy seems not to be effective these days. With the erratic fluctuations of the market , it seems better to just buy when the value of a stock is on the low side and when it ticks a bit higher, sell na agad. Little lang profit,. I just trade more frequently na lang. Hirap kasi talaga panahon ngayon.

#64 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3008 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

i think when you're writing about things that you're really into, it brings out the best in you.

it seems like you'd prefer going rural places? or just where things are laid back?

what made you decide against teaching in ateneo de davao?

Edited by j, 28 August 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#65 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

i think when you're writing about things that you're really into, it brings out the best in you.

it seems like you'd prefer going rural places? or just where things are laid back?

what made you decide against teaching in ateneo de davao?

My! You are a very perceptive guy. What you say is true. That's why I said Im not a writer, coz I can't write things that does not come from my heart, or is not real to me.

I started my blog on subjects Im not comfortable with. And it sucked. That I have to delete that post eventually.

I like going to places with a lot of character, and I always want to be "blown away" by wonderful places. Laid back? Yup, that's true. Im not much into shopping. I like just laying down with a good book in hand, or watch movie or view the sunrise/sunset.

Thing is Im not from Davao. I have a job here in Manila. I can't just uproot my family and go to Davao for a job that pays little. As much as I'd like to teach and settle in Davao, I have growing children and I still need to earn more for their schooling and other needs. Those don't come cheap. But when they are all grown up na, and I will be semi-retired, then I'll probably consider teaching again in a beautiful place like Davao.

#66 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3008 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

My! You are a very perceptive guy. What you say is true. That's why I said Im not a writer, coz I can't write things that does not come from my heart, or is not real to me.

I started my blog on subjects Im not comfortable with. And it sucked. That I have to delete that post eventually.

I like going to places with a lot of character, and I always want to be "blown away" by wonderful places. Laid back? Yup, that's true. Im not much into shopping. I like just laying down with a good book in hand, or watch movie or view the sunrise/sunset.

Thing is Im not from Davao. I have a job here in Manila. I can't just uproot my family and go to Davao for a job that pays little. As much as I'd like to teach and settle in Davao, I have growing children and I still need to earn more for their schooling and other needs. Those don't come cheap. But when they are all grown up na, and I will be semi-retired, then I'll probably consider teaching again in a beautiful place like Davao.

there are people who have difficulty writing about topics which interest them or are close to them. i think that you have the foundations of a writer, and if you chose to, would be a good one. i think writing is a skill that can be developed. and it would be easier for you since you have an inclination for it. some would call it innate.

when i hear that a place has character, i usually think its in the countryside. the middle east would be a great place to visit... you can figuratively and literally be "blown away." plus the place definitely has character.

when you received the invitation to teach in davao, did you think about it because you liked the place or had considered being a teacher? the higher your degree of education, the higher your pay. and i know your alma mater helps its educators get a higher degree. most schools do, but having international affiliates of the same order helps a little bit more. that is, if you considered a career in education.

#67 ganjaman318

ganjaman318

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1435 posts
  • Interests:good books, good movies, great company, drinking, talking about politics and stuff...

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

I used to be a fundamentalist, and would usually hold it for a long time. But that kind of strategy seems not to be effective these days. With the erratic fluctuations of the market , it seems better to just buy when the value of a stock is on the low side and when it ticks a bit higher, sell na agad. Little lang profit,. I just trade more frequently na lang. Hirap kasi talaga panahon ngayon.

i think the best way to describe that kind of trading is "rock 'em & sock 'em, but don't lose your shirt"...

#68 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

i think the best way to describe that kind of trading is "rock 'em & sock 'em, but don't lose your shirt"...

You are a cool one, dude! I like that.

I was never a trader. I was hoping to have a slot at treasury but it never happened. Only got so far as treasury in the corporate world.

#69 adick2cum

adick2cum

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Chatting

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

hi erika!

#70 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

hi erika!

Hello adick2cum! Thanks for dropping by my room.

Medyo makulimlim ngayon.... malamig....

Yesterday, I pass by national bookstore and asked about the ticket prices of Mamma Mia! I was able to watch it 2 years ago and I tell you this, if you've got the dough, watch it. I guarantee you guys it is super fantastic. The songs of Abba alone can make one remember the carefree days of yesteryears.

But I was so disappointed when I saw the prices. If you get the tickets now, you get 10% discount if you pay via CItibank credit card. And for orchestra side and lower box, the discounted price is 5400. Grabe! and of course, you will want to watch it with a companion. Eh di, 10,800 na agad yun. Ang mahal mahal! Shucks! I have to bow my head and told the cashier I was not interested to buy tickets anymore. It is with such a heavy heart that I left the store.

My only consolation was that I got to watch it before na and that it seems there were only a few seats sold at this time, so maybe, just maybe, the organizers will think of lowering the prices.

#71 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3008 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

hello.

what's the difference between the movie and the play?

#72 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

hello.

what's the difference between the movie and the play?

Hello J,

The basic difference is that in plays you see real actors play acting on stage. Whereas a movie is shown on screen with all the sound effects and excellent production effects. Both are entertaining.

But in a play, you kinda really feel the emotions of the actors coz probably you see them right in front of you. Like example, pag may away right in front of you, katulad ng rambol sa kalsada, apektado ka, pwedeng manginginig ka sa takot. Unlike pag napanood mo lang yung away sa news or tv patrol, mas less ang effect sa yo, pwede mong isipin lang na "ahh ok, may away na naman sa Q.C."

Im not sure if Im communicating this to you effectively, but I hope you get my point.

#73 tantantiran

tantantiran

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hi Erika..just got back from hibernation....and i'm glad i came back at met u :)

#74 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Just tried the Burger King's Steakhouse Burger for lunch . YUM! Sarap!

#75 DiveHard

DiveHard

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

a good burger is something i enjoy very much.

hello ericka

#76 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1027 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hello and Good evening everyone,

Night driving can sometimes be relaxing. There's something in the stillness of the night that makes us reflect on what happened during the day or issues that continue to boggle our minds. It is in one of these nights when I was accompanied by my elementary best friend. I was driving in silence. We are very comfortable with each other's presence that we can continue sitting in silence for a long time and not feel awkward at all. When we reached metro manila, she suddenly spoke "Are you happy?". I looked at her for a moment and replied "I cannot say Im happy". Then she said "Life gets more complicated as we age. IT forces us to mature and face our personal issues." I merely nodded in agreement, as I continued driving along the empty road in the silence of the night.

#77 pilyo168

pilyo168

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

Hi Erika! : How are you?

#78 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3008 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

Night driving can sometimes be relaxing. There's something in the stillness of the night that makes us reflect on what happened during the day or issues that continue to boggle our minds. It is in one of these nights when I was accompanied by my elementary best friend. I was driving in silence. We are very comfortable with each other's presence that we can continue sitting in silence for a long time and not feel awkward at all. When we reached metro manila, she suddenly spoke "Are you happy?". I looked at her for a moment and replied "I cannot say Im happy". Then she said "Life gets more complicated as we age. IT forces us to mature and face our personal issues." I merely nodded in agreement, as I continued driving along the empty road in the silence of the night.

the question and answers seem pretty loaded... it seems that you were able to understand each other with a couple of short sentences.

kind of reminds me of an old couple. :)

i guess people who know each other that well develop that kind of a bond.

#79 hornystudph

hornystudph

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:See "About Me" page. Smart, interesting, matured, and witty conversations.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

Oh yes Cubed, got my own room. Just trying it out. See if it suits me or if I'm a menace to society by opening my own room. Whatever. Posted Image

About the RH bill, many Jesuits have been repeatedly persecuted because of their view on RH Bill. Father Joaquin Bernas wrote a very beautiful piece on the RH Bill. Let me see if I can google it now. Ahh... here!

My Stand on the RH Bill

by: Father Joaquin Bernas

<snipped>

I am not a blue-blood, but I came from the same area. Normally, I won't even touch on religion issues knowing its tied on human emotions of those who are involved into the debates. I am a Catholic, not an agnostic. But I am just not in approval of what many say about RH being anti-human, anti-life. Its just absurd that these people do not see the positive side of it, and dwell on the bill's supposed negative aspect.

The RH bill is primarily a social issue to me, not religious. Fr. Bernas is a logical person, and I agree to his points.

#80 hornystudph

hornystudph

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:See "About Me" page. Smart, interesting, matured, and witty conversations.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

I am with you on this. Old friends. 'Nice to have them. They oftentimes act as a barometer of your own self. Knowing yourself better as you age. I am in the same age bracket as you are and I cannot agree more.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users