The FASTEST Way to BETTER Cardio

Started yesterday with my morning jogging routine on an empty stomach and this morning just some brisk walking planning to alternate jogging and walking is this a good idea to prevent over training and preventing muscle loss?

I do 20 min cardio everytime im in the gym but will be replacing with the morning jogging routine what im afraid is ill be loosing muscle with such because treadmill is nothing compared to the old school running :) what can i do to minimize muscle loss and maximize fatloss?

My bodyfat now is around 9. something as what the instructor measured but i feel like 15percent bodyfat, gained some fat after a month something away from the gym lost some definition my middle abs are not that visible anymore though showing. My problem is how can i lower my bodyfat without sacrificing a lot of muscle mass dont wanna look thin wanna look really ripped with a lil symetry on the side hehehe

Im on Lipo6 right now still not counting my calories hehehe but trying to be strict on my food intake

after jogging

Meal 1

Some oatmeal and 2eggs 1 banana

Meal 2

Some oatmeal and 2eggs and veggies (boiled)

Meal 3 (lunch)

some veggies

Meal 4(postworkout)

3 eggs 1 banana

Meal 5

veggies and egg

Meal 6(before sleeping)

1 scoop whey

My workout is

week 1 compound (bench etc)

week 2 isolation

every other week deadlift

• 1 month later...

personally, boxing (training) is the best cardio exercise. work-out phasing is demanding but doable - bell rings every 3 minutes (work out) then 30 seconds (rest) intervals. normal routines covers the upper body (shoulders, back, chest and arms), lower body (hips, thighs and calves) and abs. most of the elorde gyms have weights area... so if you still have the energy after 12-15 rounds, you can always pump up your muscles for a couple of sets more. lat pull down is the best after boxing... it stretches the back and shoulders. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
my buff friend tells me that doing cardio is useless because you'll eat it up again after..whats the best way to lose some pounds?

i guess you will have to do your cardio but maintain your food intake, if not reduce it a bit, so that you can lose some pounds...

I like the elliptical machine for around 20 minutes at least 4 times a week. Longer if i'm trying to lose weight. :thumbsupsmiley:

I know I should go longer, but I'm a puss...

Its actually more productive to increase the intensity rather than increasing the time

• 2 weeks later...

For me the BEST WAY to really achieve good, over all conditioning is to CRoss TRain. AM sure most, if not every1 here knows what CRoss TRaining is.

VARIETY is the spice of LIFE,..as what they say. It's fun, you work out a lot of muscle groups, its not boring, and you lessen the risks of injuries.

Foe me, my week includes 3 to 4 times of Boxing, 3 times of weight training, 1 or 2 sessions of either Muay THai or Yaw Yan,.....and in mornings, its either long distance running ( max of 2x a week), interval running( with lotz of sprints n drills) or simply going to the nearby basketball court .

I also join some "body Combat" and "Body Attack" work outs at Ftiness 1st.

VARIETY,..VARIETY ,.....VARIETY,..........so that you won;t get sawa sa work out mo :) :thumbsupsmiley:

High Interval Training - HIT

Get on a treadmill and run as fast as you can - set it at 11 kph and you'll hold it for 1 minute. Reduce it to 5.5 kph for a minute and switch back to 11 after a minute, then 5.5 - keep doing this for twenty minutes.

You'll be getting twice the burn since your metabolism is still working really hard during your down time.

You can also do something similar on a spinning bike - sit and pedal hard for a minute, then stand and grind out a slower minute - switch up and you'll be covered in sweat faster than a spa girl can shed her panties.

• 1 month later...

Get on a treadmill and run as fast as you can - set it at 11 kph and you'll hold it for 1 minute. Reduce it to 5.5 kph for a minute and switch back to 11 after a minute, then 5.5 - keep doing this for twenty minutes.

You'll be getting twice the burn since your metabolism is still working really hard during your down time.

You can also do something similar on a spinning bike - sit and pedal hard for a minute, then stand and grind out a slower minute - switch up and you'll be covered in sweat faster than a spa girl can shed her panties.

okay ito... fast burn for fats...

i used to do something like this back when i was doing hardcore road cycling. i had this circuit with moderate uphills and false flats (roads w/c look flat but are really slightly uphill). i'd start with 5 seconds flat out effort and 5 sec recovery. move up to 10 sec flat out and 10 sec recovery. kept adding 5 sec to the cycle till i reached 1 min flat out and 1 min recovery. i'd then move back down the chain ( 55 sec flat out-55 sec recovery-all the way back to 5 sec on 5 sec off)

that was one killer workout but the results were spectacular. any climbs i encountered on my subsequent long rides were easier to top

my buff friend tells me that doing cardio is useless because you'll eat it up again after..whats the best way to lose some pounds?

The formula is quite simply. Executing it is another matter. The calories you take in (eat) should be less than the calories you spend. In theory, if you have a calorie intake of 2000 and you spend 3000 calories then you should be losing about 15-20 pounds a month.