Photo

What Do You Talk About On Your First Date?

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#41 King`Of`Klubbs

King`Of`Klubbs

The Game is Life! You play it to win it!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

ayos :thumbsupsmiley:

So how about a date, Ms. LoveSpell? ;)
O baka naman matrona ka na ha?! Mamaya pag tinanong na kita ng mga bagay tungkol sa 'yo, makwento mo sa 'kin yung mga kinu-kwento ng lola ko. :P

Unlike some of the posts above, I shy away from asking "interview questions." I have a different way of screening the "potentials." Asking interview questions is, to be honest, boring not just for her but for me as well. And if I'm asked an interview question, sasagutin ko ng "Are you going to hire me, ma'am? May I state the compensation & benefits package that I want?"

There's a logic and science behind this. AND rather than being the one being "screened" by the girl, I'm the one who assesses her. (which reminds me, this is also a good way to start the date. tell her that you are there to see if she'll fit the job. do this in a humorous manner.)

Pag nakita kong hindi kami click, I'll just say, "Teka, kailangan ko na pa lang umuwi. Kailangan ko kasing paliguan tska sipilyuhan yung pusa ko eh."

#42 iwalkalone

iwalkalone

†Uh-uh Degg-degg†

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14853 posts
  • Interests:shorten please. Thanks.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Parang gusto ko yatang pag usapan at itanong kung
-buhay pa ba nanay mo?
-mahilig ka ba sa aso o sa pusa?
-may poon ba kayo sa bahay?
:upside:

#43 bluegreen717

bluegreen717

on Prozac

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

Politics and economics.

Differing views can lead to friction, which can lead to sparks, which can lead to attraction.

#44 Manticore

Manticore

God of Lust

• 5577 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

The most memorable first date experience I had was with my recent ex-GF (5 years running. heheheh.) I had no idea how to kick-off the conversation, so I came up with this game (which, in retrospect, was probably what made her think I was full of surprises, something she never thought I was capable of, based on her impression of me at work.) The rules were pretty simple; she would be entitled to ask me any hypothetical question she wouldn't dare ask a boyfriend, then I would answer her as truthfully as possible. I'd get my turn, of course. heheheh. It was a great way to break the ice and a real eye-opener, as well. Needless to say, we didn't feel the need to keep any more secrets after that. ^_^

#45 blow_gobi

blow_gobi

God of Lust

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 15658 posts
  • Interests:Coffee shops, wine bars, good food, great conversation, black tie parties

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

My first date alone w/ her after several group dates: we talked about other barkadas, where we'd like to go, things we'd like to do... parang continuation lang. It was a successful date.

My very first date w/o previous barakada dates, yung tipong casual meetings before then I asked for a date: we talked about the movie we watched, what I thought of her before (to confirm if my impression of her was right), things that we'd probably both enjoy doing together (dining, art films, etc.), plans for next possible date... Also successful

My blind dates? Mostly disastrous...

:)

#46 Yama

Yama

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:30 AM

Do's
- her passion
- her hobbies
- her dreams
- her opinions
- open-ended questions
- SELF-DISCLOSURE
- cube game (my favorite rappport builder)
- boyfriend destroyer (if shes in a relationship)

Dont's
- weather
- work
- school
- health
- politics
- death
- problems
- past relationships
- over self-disclosure
- yes/no questions
- boring facts

Get that Vibe!!

#47 Guest_bleeding_angel_*

Guest_bleeding_angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:37 PM

anything under the sun EXCEPT for really personal stuff like past relationships or family problems...

#48 sunking

sunking

Lover

• UNREGISTERED
  • 1327 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

anything under the sun EXCEPT for really personal stuff like past relationships or family problems...

Hear hear. Never talk about past relationships. That topic is a looooong way off in any relationship.

#49 czashi

czashi

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:my phone, my pc, camwhoring with my digi cam, net, starbucks [caramel frap---blended whip!], house music, rnb music, sleep, tv, movies, street dance, pictures, bars, watch tv series in dvd's (smallville, the o.c. and one tree hill)

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

anything.. just as long you get to know the person better with every conversation you make..

#50 angel_by_day

angel_by_day

God of Lust

• UNREGISTERED
  • 9018 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:05 AM

just about anything....his interests and yours....recent and past events about family, lovelife (ive never dated anyone who wasnt interested in this, even at the first date), work and all.....therein lies the "wavelength" thing....kung talagang click kayo, the talk could go on forever :lol:

#51 objectofmydesire

objectofmydesire

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1674 posts
  • Interests:a cup of coffee and a good conversation

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

All about me and him...getting to know you kind of stuff :wub:

#52 kodyang

kodyang

Are u kiddin' me?!?

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1485 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

man, its your first date, anything goes for a topic, as long as you dont freak each other out!

#53 vader2007

vader2007

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

first dates are important so one can gauge if a 2nd, 3rd or more dates are worth it...its an opportunity to evaluate if she has something more to offer other than looks...first dates provide me information to decide whether this person is worth a second and serious look...

#54 aswang

aswang

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

Well simple lang naman topics namin like:

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
Can you cry under water?
If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
:thumbsupsmiley:

#55 Guest_bleeding_angel_*

Guest_bleeding_angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:22 PM

Well simple lang naman topics namin like:

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

ahsus... mali naman tanong mo... mas malalim kung... "if men evolved from monkeys and apes, why are there men who look like horses?" :boo:

profound diba? :lol:

#56 ultraelectrocute

ultraelectrocute

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

kanya-kanyang buhay...
interests...
the usual things actually. pero dpat hindi to pinaplano. mas ok pag natural lang.

#57 aswang

aswang

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

ahsus... mali naman tanong mo... mas malalim kung... "if men evolved from monkeys and apes, why are there men who look like horses?" :boo:

profound diba? :lol:

Mukhang galit ka talaga sa men ah haha... O baka para kang si Renee Zellweger sa Jerry Maguire ng sinabi nya na "Men are the enemy. But I still love the enemy." :wub:

#58 bruiser

bruiser

Cutie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

usually before a first date, i would already be calling her on the telephone so by the time we meet, we would be more attuned to our particular interests and hopefully the conversation will start off from there. pero kung talagang set-up blind date as in doon lang kayo nagkita...i guess the guy has to be responsible for probing what are the interests of the girl... :lol:

#59 skitz

skitz

almost happy

• Ambassador
  • 7362 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women, and song. Not to be confused with liquored up whiny women who sing.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

SECRET
I've been fairly successful at the game. And here is what I know.

Point of first conversations is to make her feel at ease with you. So nothing big. Don't ask her about religion or the meaning of life. And NO! Don't brag about that imaginary BMW you have at the garage of your imaginary beach house. Well, I guess we all know that.

But here's the thing. There is a GOAL. And many, without clue, just continue on blabbering without a hint of what that goal is. Hence, the conversation becomes POINTLESS...

This is the secret. The goal. If you can get a girl to tell you what her hopes and dreams in life are, then she is yours for the taking. Nope. You can't ask "So, what are your hopes and dreams in life are?". That would be just dumb. You'd be better suited as a Ms. Universe pageant host. You have to make her reveal those things, without you directly asking it. Gets?

#60 gilgrissom

gilgrissom

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

Straight from House season 1 (Dr. Wilson mentioned this dating tip when Dr. House was about to go on a date with Cameron):

Talk about her HDA: Hopes, Dreams and Aspirations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users