Retirement In Manila

habang binabasa ko mga posts nyo, parang natatakot tuloy akong tumanda at magretire... im 28yrs old, pero wla pa ako naiipon.. waah.. yup i agree that its really a good idea to establish a business that will bring a steady flow of income... but 30-50k a month? wow.. i mean, how i wish ganyan ang kinikita ko right now dito sa pilipinas.. damn.. i guess i really need to work abroad then return here in the Philippines after 25 years for my retirement...

• 11 months later...

Hard to estimate kung magkano kasi depende din sa lifestyle ng tao. Ako simpleng tao lang. Basta't maayos na ang life ng anak ko ok na sa akin. As long na may nakakain ako,nasusuot na maayos,may bahay na tinitirahan ok na sa akin yun.

it all depends on your lifestyle. i suppose 50k will do provided you own a house and lot and car. at that age all a man will spend for is electricity, grocery, marketing, salary of household help, fuel and other miscellenous expenses but guess that wont cost around 30k. but i prefer to have 50k para may extrs money.

• 1 month later...

from all experiences that I have gathered so far, the true guide to a successful retirement is not money.My dad before he passed on had a tidy pension from the postal service,since we have our house paid, he took a lump sum, bought a stall in a nearby market and sold small stuff and enjoyed his retirement that way. an aunt from abroad retired in pinas.also had a steady pension, did not ask how much, but was able to reach out to certain family members that needed financial help for school, medications and food until she died at 91 years old.

so money is relative to success to retirement. my granddad because of religious beliefs, had a sizable retirement working as an attorney for a government entity in pinas, but because of his persuasions, lived on paksiw, paksiw paksiw ( i used to visit him during summers and that was our food) were did he take his money...donated to his church!!!!!

I my case, I would like to be in pinas to retire but medical insurance will not cover me right now and that is what is preventing me to come home. I hope this will change 20 years from now!!!!!

Our tradition of cuddling our old folks up to their old age , has it's drawbacks big time. We do not let our old folks, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, parents and grandparents live in dignity and quality of life suited to their long and ardous and productive lives. They need respect. They need activity, They need their health actively taken cared of. They need to play, to talk stories to be still productive in their senoir years. Their retirement should be meaningful. They are our aged educators, doctors, attorneys, our slum dog millionaires, our alzheimer stricken parents. At our own homes they are sometimes more neglected and ignored. Love sometimes is hard to give to our aged folks. sometimes they say being stubborn is a sign of the beginning of senility. Organized growing old with dignity, pride and productivity is somehow very elusive in the philippines only because we hang on to our age old tradition and custom for caring our old folks. Organized senior livng and home care is not a replacement or and adjunct to that. Rather it is the new way of dignifying old age amongst our citizenry. Health care is provided continuously. food, personal hygiene , exercise, play and other activities are well established. other family members are free to visit anytime day and night and can attend to their needs too by sometimes taking them on trips, vacations and taking them into their homes once in a while. The needs of our retired teachers, policemen, lawyers, engineers, accountants, politicians, doctors , businesspeople and aged people in between are extremely important in the pursuit of happiness and joy. Realizing that active adult living is not for everybody, the common denominator for everything is quality age old living, both supervised and unsupervised depending on the individual. So why not start a trend. sometimes older folks are better off being left on their on to pursue their pleasures in life. Watching TV, learning new skills like computer, planting, bingo, dance or field trips are very exhilerating to them. So maybe you'll see me in this community in time!!!!

there are quite a few hurdles on this venture. location. Land. structures. facilities and skilled personnel. No problem with manpower. There are a lot of OFW all over the world who are now living in pinas who have worked in nersing homes abroad ( however, the pinas venture is not a nursing home), land and location is easy to find outside the metropolis and structures and facilities can be funded by bank loans partially.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can you still retire in Manila for Php 50K a month assuming you have your paid off your house/condo and car?

If no more than 2 kids nag-aaral, yes kasya na yan sir. Basta simple life lang at wag magiging impulsive sa bilihin. Of course, also means wag magpopost sa MP threads ng FRs :). Like someone said, kahit Php10M pa savings mo when you come back in RP, pwede mawala yan mabilis pag gastos ng gastos. Lalo na sa mga tsiks na hindi nauubos.

Yun ngang mga minimum wage earners of Php8K a month nabubuhay ng 3 anak e. Nakakapagbeer at yosi pa ung lalake hehe.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Bayad ang bahay at kotse ko, pero kulang ang $3,500 na pension ko.

Paano kulang? That's Php160K a month. You could afford to eat nga at Jollibee everyday where Value No 3 is Php103. Unless you're thinking of staying in US then $3500 is a bit tight. I'd consider selling my house and buying a smaller one then.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pwede naman po kayong mag invest sa insurance, mismong sa insurance kayo mamimili kung magkano gusto nyong tanggaping pension buwan buwan when you retire, mapahealth care, pension and memorial plan, di ka na mag aalala kapag retire mo, may mga certain period naman yan na hangganan, di na uso ngayon ang mga life time payment for insurances. pinakamatagal na ang 20yrs to pay.

maliit ang interest sa bank kumpara sa mga insurances. try these insurances: insular, sunlife-grepa, manulife, pioneer, phil-am.

di ka na mag iisip kung magkano dapat mo ipunin araw araw. mas bata ang age mo ngayon, mas magandang kumuha ng insurance dahil mura ang premium.

maraming options na mapagpipilian sa insurances. depende sa lifestyle mo.