207 replies to this topic

#201 bop3lulu

bop3lulu

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:50 AM

Authentic, may quality control. If I can't afford it, I always go for a cheaper alternative na legit rather than a replica.

#202 gio7inch

gio7inch

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

Nope. No to Fakes. 

#203 Chippy23

Chippy23

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:14 AM

Authentic

#204 djloe

djloe

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:18 AM

ive seen some OEM's and its almost the same.

#205 kilroy*was*here

kilroy*was*here

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:17 AM

There's no sense for me in getting a replica. There are good quality authentics even at the entry-level price point. To give some examples, for watches, there are sturdy and reliable Seikos at the same price as Greenhills replicas. If you want novelty, a real Sea-Gull chrono is also a better deal than a fake Omega with a Sea-Gull movement, for reasons stated over and over by previous posters. If you want the brand, a fake doesn't carry the brand.

Edited by kilroy*was*here, 25 August 2019 - 09:19 AM.

#206 Alvin.teng

Alvin.teng

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:14 AM

You buy whatever you like. I buy and wear authentic stuff just because I feel more confident wearing them. However, I would rather save up and then buy few good high-end pieces than settle for low-end brands just because I want to stick to a principled stand to not buy replicas.

Despite my preference, I would not criticise people whod go for replicas. To each his own.

#207 Alvin.teng

Alvin.teng

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 06:26 AM

There's no sense for me in getting a replica. There are good quality authentics even at the entry-level price point. To give some examples, for watches, there are sturdy and reliable Seikos at the same price as Greenhills replicas. If you want novelty, a real Sea-Gull chrono is also a better deal than a fake Omega with a Sea-Gull movement, for reasons stated over and over by previous posters. If you want the brand, a fake doesn't carry the brand.

As pointed out earlier, it may be a question of design. Say if someone really likes the way a Rolex sub looks, then no Seiko could satisfy that desire. Lucky if money is not an issue, but the reality is that it is a big issue for most people. Say another guy wants an SLP L17 leather jacket, but then he lives in the Philippines where the likelihood that hed be able to wear an authentic $4000 jacket is almost nil, probably only during a few says in January. It may not make sense to him to invest in one. In this case, a replica made from the same leather could prove to be a more sensible choice rather than buy a cheap authentic but aesthetically ugly jacket. The cool thing is that replicas are getting better. And for as long as you dont parade them as authentics and would readily admit them as copies when outed, then I dont see the point why anyone would get offended.

#208 Zero Freedom

Zero Freedom

Sapiosexual

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

Actually, it depends.

There are some products na 'brand' name na lang ang binabayaran kaya pricey. But then the quality is the same as with replicas. (Because sometimes they are OEM from the same factory)

It would only be good to buy authentic stuff from manufacturers that create their own technology on their products. Example: phones, laptops, electronic gadgets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users