Torque And Cherry Mobile Phones

Everything depends on usage and care. It really doesn't matter if its a china phone or something which is made from the future, kung di ka marunong mag alaga ng gamit. Everything would seem to be of low quality.

BTW, I'm using Cherry Mobile P1, and kahit ipan tanching ko ata to, pwede to

Edited by polofalltrades

@johnlove - nagupdate ka na ng firmware? may support ba silang ganun?

Nope, may phobia na ako sa pag update ng firmware.

The last time na nag update ako ng firmware sa nokia 2730, nasira ang sim card, ayaw na mag tunog ang n2730 kapag may incoming messages.

Torque/Cherry Mobile Phones are cheap when compared to nokias.

They are not cheap when compared to Samsung/LG.

They are exorbitant when compared to non-ntc approved China phones.

Edited by johnlove

Bought a torque D80 dual sim/dual standby fone last monday.. 65k-color CSTN (not TFT so medyo malabo) LCD, with FM radio, torch light, WAP, etc... loud sound coming from the external speaker at the back (in fact, too loud na kapag full volume to the point na distorted na yung output)..with slot for micro-SD card (up to 2 gb) BUT the phone is NOT hot-swappable.. I find the keypad somewhat flimsy & slippery..

best thing about this phone? first, the price..I was able to purchase it for a measly 1,650 pesos only in Tutuban (take note, brand new, with 1 year warranty ito since it is NTC registered; its listed price is 1.9K to 2K sa mga major malls like SM)..package includes the phone, battery, charger, warranty card PLUS two (2) FREEBIES: a USB card reader for a micro-SD card, and a silicon Fabwatch.. hehehe, not bad for a 1.65K..

peace!

Bought a torque D80 dual sim/dual standby fone last monday.. 65k-color CSTN (not TFT so medyo malabo) LCD, with FM radio, torch light, WAP, etc... loud sound coming from the external speaker at the back (in fact, too loud na kapag full volume to the point na distorted na yung output)..with slot for micro-SD card (up to 2 gb) BUT the phone is NOT hot-swappable.. I find the keypad somewhat flimsy & slippery..

best thing about this phone? first, the price..I was able to purchase it for a measly 1,650 pesos only in Tutuban (take note, brand new, with 1 year warranty ito since it is NTC registered; its listed price is 1.9K to 2K sa mga major malls like SM)..package includes the phone, battery, charger, warranty card PLUS two (2) FREEBIES: a USB card reader for a micro-SD card, and a silicon Fabwatch.. hehehe, not bad for a 1.65K..

peace!

Where in Tutuban did you bought this? They are selling it at Hello store at SM CYberzone for 1699 with no freebies.

I would like to get this for my pldt landline plus sim and my Sun sim.

• 2 weeks later...

@RockmanZero: ok naman pagka-dual sim nya..simultaneously active..haven't encountered any network errors so far..though napansin ko mas mahina signal ng smart kesa sa sun..I wondered whether it was because of the sim placement, so pinagpalit ko sila (smart sim went to slot 1 while the sun sim now went to slot 2), ganun talaga mas mahina ng 1-2bars ang smart signal..both sim's stk menu (smart menu & sun xpress menu) appear and may be used without turning off the phone..

@orthodoc: 2nd floor of the main mall..I think the name of the store is FFF station, near the bridge that links the mall with Robinson's department store..this is not a stand-alone muslim store..may sariling pwesto sa gilid..sya yung may Smart Money reloading station as well as wholesaler of prepaid cards..they sell also cherry mobile phones..

@MetroManilasexual: pre, may bad review sa isang thread regarding the Torque DQ500..pero if you still wanna buy one dun sa Tutuban main mall..yung FFF stationbaka may freebies ka pa (for the DQ500 ata extra batteries..cheaper din ata ng mga 50-100 pesos

additional review re: Torque D80

1) you can use a Nokia battery (BL-5C? not sure, basta yung battery nung nokia 1110, 1110i, or 1112) instead of the Torque battery..sa fully-charged Torque battery kasi, the battery life lasts for around 4 days WITHOUT heavy texting and calls..so I'm assuming that an authentic nokia battery will last longer..

2)finally figured out the damn LED light and volume control for the music player..for the LED flashlight/handlight just press and hold the navi-key button..as for the music player's volume control..the lowermost right button increases the volume while the lowermost left one decreases it..though music can be played even if the phone's in standby the volume can be adjusted ONLY when you're in the music player..

3)there are three themes that can be rotated automatically according to preference (hourly, daily, monthly, etc.)

4)contrary to what was specified in the brochures, this phone does not play mp4 files (video files taken by another phone and copied on the this phone's micro SD)..mga GIF files lang ang pinaka-animated pics na ma-i-p-play nito..

5)you can use mp3's stored in the micro-SD as ringtones and message tones (?), though you have to import them first (copy it form micro-SD to the LIMITED phone memory)..

6)ringtones and message tones can be customized to reflect the sim cards inserted..e.g. I have different tones each for smart sim's incoming call & incoming text and sun's incoming call & incoming text..the built-in tones sound authentic (parang mp3's na, hindi MIDI)..using the electric and rap tone (my turntable scratches pa, hehe)

so all things considered do I still consider this phone a good buy? You betcha, though I'm mulling on selling this one to purchase the Torque D95 and make a review of it..anyone willing to buy this phone from me for the same price of 1.65K (all freebies included, even the plastic bag) just text me (cel #'s in my profile)

Edited by Fusarium_jimini
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also interested in buying one of these phones specifically the Torque DQ500.

San sa tutuban yung mura ang mga ganitong phones bro?

I want to get one because I don't want to bring two phones. Okay pa yung mga features niya for the price

me torque kiosk sa cyberzone, megamall. i'm sure they'll handle the warranty issues better

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought my Cherry Chat Candy Ch@t last February 14, 2012 during their 3-day sale. It was working fine without any detectable problems. Then it started to have problems with charging. Even after 4, 6 or 8 hours of charging, it would not charge to 100%. And after removing my charger, the phone would immediately report a much lower percentage than what it was reporting while plugged. I tried to put in a similar although non-Cherry Mobile branded battery, fully tested with the same output and capacity, and still had the same problems with charging.

I brought the phone to the Manila Service Center on the 28th at 5pm. I fully explained the problem and the CSR took note of this as "not charging problem". I expected that the phone will be diagnosed fully by the time I returned to claim my phone on March 1. I waited for about an hour because they were still "testing the phone". After this unreasonable wait, I was told that it was a problem with the battery that came with the phone and that it will be replaced in 2 to 3 weeks. I could not believe that the unit does not have a problem too - using the other battery still brought up the same problem. The technician did not even do a software reprogram or replicate the problem himself. I suspected (correctly, as you will read later) that all testing (unit, battery, charger) was done in the hour that I was waiting for the phone. The CSR also said that since the other battery I used was not an approved accessory, my argument was not valid. I told the CSR that I will be buying a new Cherry Mobile-branded battery to test.

I brought the phone back with me and bought a new battery from the same Cherr Red Enterprises store in Robinsons' Ermita where I bought the unit. I charged the phone for about 25 minutes and instead of adding to the percent charged, the battery charge actually depleted while plugged. I was irritated by this so I returned to the Service Center and showed them what had happened. Ms. Aira Baning attended to my problem and after checking with the technician, whom I later found out was Mr. Patrick Palaganas, she said that I should follow the recommended initial charge time of 4 hours while the phone was turned off. This was a ridiculous recommendation since the phone should still charge the battery regardless whether it was turned on or off; it was the only time I had heard that recommendation in the era of Lithium-Ion batteries.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and followed their advice. Despite their advice, the phone that was off and plugged was still depleting the battery charge instead of charging it. I was so incensed so during my lunch break today I returned to the Service Center to talk to Ms. Baning and to the Operations Manager, Allan Paguio. The standard reason why I wasn't able to talk to Ms. Baning's direct supervisor, Mr. Paguio, was because he was busy. I also asked to talk to Mr. Palaganas, who admitted that there was incomplete troubleshooting for the phone. This incompetence has caused me great anguish, since I did all the things I know of to test the phone before bringing it to the service center: Reset to Factory Settings, change batteries, try another charger -- all to no avail.

I called the Service Center on March 2 and I was told that it was the phone that had problems after all. This after 3 hours of having the phone stay in the Service Center.

I wrote the above paragraphs and sent it as an email to the Operations Manager's email address that was given to me (allan_paguio147@yahoo.com). I did not receive any reply. I called in and was told that they were reviewing the situation. I emailed again, disappointed about the total lack of decency to at least acknowledge my email. I also was able to find Mr. Paguio's Facebook profile (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000222348558) and sent a message there. Still no reply.

I asked for my phone to be replaced with a better, working model. After two days of vague answers, I was told by Ms. Baning that company policy demands I pay additional if I am going to upgrade. A personal visit to the Service Center on March 6 had me talk to Mr. Palaganas, who said he will do everything in his capacity to help me. Apparently this does not include exceptions to company policy. I have surrendered my phone, box, charger and extra battery in the mistaken belief that they will replace my phone as just compensation to the incompetence and defective workmanship I encountered.

This is a continuing exercise in poor customer service, where I have been inconvenienced, humiliated, exhausted, and frustrated by the inability of the two frontline personnel (Ms. Baning and Mr. Palaganas) to escalate this to their supervisor Mr. Paguio. The consolation that they offered me was a refund for the unit and extra battery, which would still be processed within an indeterminate time period. They said that Mr. Paguio tried to call me, which he did but once (as a missed call). Since his call showed up as an unregistered number and he did not bother to introduce himself via SMS, I did not bother to follow the call up.

I have watched a clip on TV Patrol before, where someone was complaining about the poor customer service he received from Cherry Mobile. This was in December 2010 if I remember correctly. Fifteen months later, Cherry Mobile still hasn't gotten their act together. I am thankful for having found this forum to share my experience with Cherry Mobile, and I hope that readers would share this with others to prevent them from making the same mistake.

I regret to have chosen poorly, but I do not deserve to be treated poorly.

• 9 months later...