Pick Up Vehicle Users

i drive a Nissan Frontier who I fondly call Aubrey hehehe sarap nya idrive, maasahan & matipid sa diesel..

don't like the look of the new strada, but for medium sized pickups in the Philippines (medium in size compared to Ford, Chev, GMC..) i like the Ford Ranger, Isuzu Hi-Lux (is it the same as D-max?) and of course the Nissan Frontier..i like their rounded edges & masculine look (which was started by Nissan in the Frontier & eventually imitated by Ford and Isuzu in their pickups..

reklamo ko lang siguro sa ride ko ay un matigas ang shocks sa likod kasi nga pick-up and un hindi gnun ka-comfy ang cabin nya for people sitting in the back seat..

i drive a Nissan Frontier who I fondly call Aubrey hehehe sarap nya idrive, maasahan & matipid sa diesel..

don't like the look of the new strada, but for medium sized pickups in the Philippines (medium in size compared to Ford, Chev, GMC..) i like the Ford Ranger, Isuzu Hi-Lux (is it the same as D-max?) and of course the Nissan Frontier..i like their rounded edges & masculine look (which was started by Nissan in the Frontier & eventually imitated by Ford and Isuzu in their pickups..

reklamo ko lang siguro sa ride ko ay un matigas ang shocks sa likod kasi nga pick-up and un hindi gnun ka-comfy ang cabin nya for people sitting in the back seat..

did u got it brand new dude??? i have always wanted a Nissan Frontier but our budget got us a L200 Endeavor ( i got it second hand, 5 years 23000 kms..)

the second hand Frontiers were around 385K at that time!!!

I like both the new Strada and the new Hi Lux..

Me I drive a 1994 Nissan Power Power Pick-Up. Still very good ang makina and cooling system kahit more than 10 years old na siya.

Well maintained ang makina and never been overhauled pa although mukhang its high time na rin na ipa-top overhaul ko siya.

Still can go 140kph sa NLEX!

Nissan vehicles really have the perfect cooling / air conditioning system sa mga sasakyan nila!!

:mtc:

Guest Dennis®
anybody tried the new Ford Ranger?

i do, well not exactly new. i have a 97 Ford Ranger Supercab (US Version)

2.5 Gas Engine (Twin Spark) 4cyl but with 8 spark plugs.

malakas siya na matipid. approx 8-10 / liter

I drive a 1999 Strada. Ok naman sya. Sulit para sa 'kin. Very reliable.

Ang problema nga lang ngayon, hindi ko pa napa change oil. :( Ang tagal na nun. Parang latak na nga lang ata yung nasa loob eh.

Another thing: I don't know if you guys have encountered this, pero minsan lumalamig yung aircon ko, kadalasan hindi. Freon ba yun? Hindi ko pa talaga napacheck kasi wala akong pera pampalagay ng freon kung sakali eh.

Ayoko nung bagong Strada. Not as masculine as its earlier versions. Medyo teardrop pa yung design. Ayoko rin nung pinaliit na bed. Ok pa rin para sa 'kin yung version previous to the latest.

One pick-up that I want to have is a souped up Dakota. Pag stock lang pangit eh. Pero nung nakakita ako ng naka set-up, paksyet! Pang harabas talaga!

Isa pa sa wish list ko na pick-up truck eh yung old school na kagaya ng kay Eddie Guerrero (sumalangit nawa).

bro magkaiba yung hi lux sa d-max... yung hi lux po toyota ang manufacturer while d-max is isuzu

I drive a 1999 Strada. Ok naman sya. Sulit para sa 'kin. Very reliable.

Ang problema nga lang ngayon, hindi ko pa napa change oil. :( Ang tagal na nun. Parang latak na nga lang ata yung nasa loob eh.

Another thing: I don't know if you guys have encountered this, pero minsan lumalamig yung aircon ko, kadalasan hindi. Freon ba yun? Hindi ko pa talaga napacheck kasi wala akong pera pampalagay ng freon kung sakali eh.

Ayoko nung bagong Strada. Not as masculine as its earlier versions. Medyo teardrop pa yung design. Ayoko rin nung pinaliit na bed. Ok pa rin para sa 'kin yung version previous to the latest.

One pick-up that I want to have is a souped up Dakota. Pag stock lang pangit eh. Pero nung nakakita ako ng naka set-up, paksyet! Pang harabas talaga!

Isa pa sa wish list ko na pick-up truck eh yung old school na kagaya ng kay Eddie Guerrero (sumalangit nawa).

what's the manufacturer of Dakota dude???

• 2 weeks later...
got a Ford F-150 lightning (supercharged). Sarap i-drive sa nlex! :cool:

pre,

is it true that the Ford F-150 is phasing out by Ford??? do they still have parts??

from what i have heard, they stopped mnufacturing those vehicles, i saw in an ad in a buy and sell magazine about Ford 150 vehicles at very cheap prices...

but, it's good that you have that kind of vehicle, astig nga pero how about parking?? do u have difficulty parking???

ganda nga porma nyan!!

:boo:

• 2 weeks later...
pre,

is it true that the Ford F-150 is phasing out by Ford??? do they still have parts??

from what i have heard, they stopped mnufacturing those vehicles, i saw in an ad in a buy and sell magazine about Ford 150 vehicles at very cheap prices...

but, it's good that you have that kind of vehicle, astig nga pero how about parking?? do u have difficulty parking???

ganda nga porma nyan!!

:boo:

im not sure about phasing out F-150. I have seen a new version of F-150 (2006) in the US. About the parts, hmmm... im not sure also. yung ibang parts kase pareho ng expedition e.

the reason why they are selling it at a cheaper price is because it eats alot of gas!

about parking, i got the smaller version of F-150. it's the lightning version so parking is not a problem.

im not sure about phasing out F-150. I have seen a new version of F-150 (2006) in the US. About the parts, hmmm... im not sure also. yung ibang parts kase pareho ng expedition e.

the reason why they are selling it at a cheaper price is because it eats alot of gas!

about parking, i got the smaller version of F-150. it's the lightning version so parking is not a problem.

ah ok dude, good clarification...

it really eats lots of gas and so is the expedition, explorer and other ford vehicles...

:mtc:

The new Mitsubushi Strada is very sleek. A vehichle I'm looking forward to purchase before the year ends. Who cares if it can't accelerate fast enough? Pick-ups aren't designed for sprinting. I have a question though. Along witht he introdutcion of CRDI engines, of which really produces less vibrations and smoother accelerations, Does the CRDI engine posses the resilience of original deisel engines when it comes to cruising in flood water? I mean deisel engines are known to be less prone to "tirik" due to the fact that it lacks computer and circuits that get grounded/busted when they get wet. Anyone who can enlighten me?

The new Mitsubushi Strada is very sleek. A vehichle I'm looking forward to purchase before the year ends. Who cares if it can't accelerate fast enough? Pick-ups aren't designed for sprinting. I have a question though. Along witht he introdutcion of CRDI engines, of which really produces less vibrations and smoother accelerations, Does the CRDI engine posses the resilience of original deisel engines when it comes to cruising in flood water? I mean deisel engines are known to be less prone to "tirik" due to the fact that it lacks computer and circuits that get grounded/busted when they get wet. Anyone who can enlighten me?

At least these CRDI's still doesn't have spark plugs. On the other hand spark ignited petrol engines have created water-tight plug caps and distributors to make them water proof, probably, the electronic controlled injectors of these CRDI's are better waterproofed for these CRDI injector plugs deal with far more enormous air pressure compared to Spark plugs...