android, ios or windows phone?

I have an iphone 4s and galaxy s3. IMO the 4s is a simpler and very user friendly phone. Also the number of apps available is probably 8-10x as many as android apps. the S3 (or android based phones) are much more customizable in regards to technical features. If your a techy and into that kind of stuff than android is good. for example downloading torrents directly to your phone etc.

I actually enjoy both phones and would recommend either. However regarding windows phones... hands down would probably stay away. never had one and most likely never will. I guess it depends on what your using your phone for and also how technically saavy you are (or the user)

Just wondering which os for smart phone is better. Feel free to give your opinion.

thanks prince for sharing your opinion. i agree with you on most cases like the ease of use for iphones and the ability to personalize on galaxy s3 (well, android phones in this case)...however, in terms of apps (i can be wrong..) i believe android has a lot more to offer.

BTW prince, have you heard about the BB10 launching 1st quarter of next year? your thoughts on RIM os?

you can download MP3 direct to your android fon too as compared to passing thru itunes with iphone which is quite DUMB

so for me iphone is a DUMBfon disguised as a SMARTfon

with the latest crop iphone5, siri sux, apple maps sux BIG TIME against android app offering

Edited by dos8dos

Just wondering which os for smart phone is better. Feel free to give your opinion.

If you don't want to tinker with anything and just use the phone right away, then the iphone is your best bet. Easy to use, no "duh?" moments but price will always be a factor. But you lose the ability to expand your memory as there is no built in micro sd slot and you have to use proprietary cables. Screen is great, but numerous Android phones offer the same or even better resolution

Android phones are a bit more technical to use. If you want to tinker a bit with you phone, then this is the best bet. You also have the ability to expand your phone's memory with most Android phones (i suggest you buy a phone with this capability) most will use a universal micro USB cable and a few will even have HDMI out. you have to filter through most of the apps out in the market though as some are rubbish, the quality control is just yet not up to par with that of Apple. On the bright side, you can get a lot of hacked android apps as compared to apple apps.

Windows phone is a relative newbie on the scene, I used to have a WinMobile 3.1 PDA and win mobile 5 phone. Now in terms of syncing capability with my Windows laptop, they were a breeze. didn't have to buy third [party aps to sync my word or ppt files. so if you will be browsing through lots of documents or files, windows is a good bet.

BB10: i love my blackberry, even though i am running only os 5 i love ability to instantly browse through my emails and type with the qwerty keyboard. yess compared to my Android or Windows phone, it is absolutely sluggish and ancient but that's the reason i lug around 2 phones. Initial reviews of bb10 are encouraging, will be most probably get one when it comes out.

hth

If you don't want to tinker with anything and just use the phone right away, then the iphone is your best bet. Easy to use, no "duh?" moments but price will always be a factor. But you lose the ability to expand your memory as there is no built in micro sd slot and you have to use proprietary cables. Screen is great, but numerous Android phones offer the same or even better resolution

Android phones are a bit more technical to use. If you want to tinker a bit with you phone, then this is the best bet. You also have the ability to expand your phone's memory with most Android phones (i suggest you buy a phone with this capability) most will use a universal micro USB cable and a few will even have HDMI out. you have to filter through most of the apps out in the market though as some are rubbish, the quality control is just yet not up to par with that of Apple. On the bright side, you can get a lot of hacked android apps as compared to apple apps.

Windows phone is a relative newbie on the scene, I used to have a WinMobile 3.1 PDA and win mobile 5 phone. Now in terms of syncing capability with my Windows laptop, they were a breeze. didn't have to buy third [party aps to sync my word or ppt files. so if you will be browsing through lots of documents or files, windows is a good bet.

BB10: i love my blackberry, even though i am running only os 5 i love ability to instantly browse through my emails and type with the qwerty keyboard. yess compared to my Android or Windows phone, it is absolutely sluggish and ancient but that's the reason i lug around 2 phones. Initial reviews of bb10 are encouraging, will be most probably get one when it comes out.

hth

thanks for the input coron...honestly, i have been a huge fan of blackberry even before iphone started to become an over rated "smart phone" and even before android been introduced in the market. what i like about blackberry is it's security, email and bbm, which are almost instant each time you send or receive a message anywhere in the world. i've been using blackberry for 5 years now, changed from one bb device to another bb device without any issues of transferring contacts and other data. the only complain i have with it is, it's lack of appeal...it is pure business phone. it's a bit hard to have fun with blackberry phones, but very reliable when you need it.

what i don't understand is why iphone has become so famous or too overrated even though most of the people i know who have it find it a not too smart for a smart phone and over priced as well. but they still buy the next series. apple's marketing strategy must really be a big factor to iphone success. android wise, i feel that it really have potential...i see a lot of eye catching android devices, one is galaxy note and the other is google's nexus phone...the only thing that holds me back from purchasing any of these android phone is it's security issue...i have a few colleague that uses android devices, and some of them have to install a mobile anti-virus to keep their phone secured. have anyone experienced being attacked by virus on your android phone?

recently bought a car with a stereo that has bluetooth interface, android connect seamlessly with it while apple simply cant

i enjoy music stored in my android being played in the car audio system

hands-free answering of phone with that new car via bluetooth is such a breeze

to think its an econo-car

Edited by dos8dos
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for the input coron...honestly, i have been a huge fan of blackberry even before iphone started to become an over rated "smart phone" and even before android been introduced in the market. what i like about blackberry is it's security, email and bbm, which are almost instant each time you send or receive a message anywhere in the world. i've been using blackberry for 5 years now, changed from one bb device to another bb device without any issues of transferring contacts and other data. the only complain i have with it is, it's lack of appeal...it is pure business phone. it's a bit hard to have fun with blackberry phones, but very reliable when you need it.

what i don't understand is why iphone has become so famous or too overrated even though most of the people i know who have it find it a not too smart for a smart phone and over priced as well. but they still buy the next series. apple's marketing strategy must really be a big factor to iphone success. android wise, i feel that it really have potential...i see a lot of eye catching android devices, one is galaxy note and the other is google's nexus phone...the only thing that holds me back from purchasing any of these android phone is it's security issue...i have a few colleague that uses android devices, and some of them have to install a mobile anti-virus to keep their phone secured. have anyone experienced being attacked by virus on your android phone?

hth

My linkGoogle's Android malware scanner detects only 15 percent of malicious code in test

• 2 years later...

Having used all three, imho, personal opinion ko lang:

iOS

- easy to use

- very stable OS

- safe and secure apps download

- boring. you'll get used to it after a few hours.

Android

- highly customizable

- lots of apps

- some apps have malware/trojans in them.

- depends on hardware

- high maintenance. you need to clean and do some memory clea-ups regularly

Windows

- find it more boring than iOS

- limited apps

Personal choice ko is Androd. I am using one right now.