The BAYANTEL Complaint Thread

Guest REBEL_CHIC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Iwas muna kayo ngayon sa bayantel... ang mabagal ng connection nila ngayon.. taas pa ng latency.. may problema yata sila ngayon... :(

copy that boss, may application pa naman ako sa bayandsl ngayon..

hintay na lang muna ko ng ibang magandang dsl..

any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a really bad experience with BAYAN DSL. They provide the slowest connections (at least in my area), and claim that its still compliant to their minimum commitment (>200kpbs).

It takes their technicians weeks to resolve a "loss of connection", and i had to wait more than 40 minutes to talk to one of their call center agents.

I canceled my subscription with them last week.

same satisfied bayantel customer here... hehehe kugn may referral program nga lang sila siguro dami ko na bonus.

yep had some problems sa connection ganun talaga kahit anong isp naman meron yan, compared to my nextdoor neighbor na naka-pldt mydsl and what im hearing from them, im totally satisfied with bayantel. tska i'd like to commend their customer service, ang bilis maresolve ang issue(based on my experience) ilang beses na nasira modem ko, they sent a technician to my place to do some troubleshooting, he arrived the same day i called them to replace my modem.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Bayantel lowest plan rate. I compared it to the lowest plan rate of other providers that my relatives use. I used my laptop to test them all and observed that Bayantel is still faster on friendster when opening pictures. It is still faster in down loading Norton Antivirus updates. I also tested them using speedtest.net and Bayantel is fast in uploading to FTP web servers.

I get 40 kbps in downloading from Bitorrent using Bayantel compared to 26 kbps or below from other providers.

My only observation is that Bayantel is slow on Sundays.

However they have fast customer service. They arrive at our house in 2 to 3 hours when you complain or ask replacement for modem even on Sundays or 7:00 in the evening.

Try that on PLDT and the fastest response is 3 days and GLOBE? Forget about it, sobra na ata pera nila kaya they don't care.

• 2 weeks later...
I used Bayantel lowest plan rate. I compared it to the lowest plan rate of other providers that my relatives use. I used my laptop to test them all and observed that Bayantel is still faster on friendster when opening pictures. It is still faster in down loading Norton Antivirus updates. I also tested them using speedtest.net and Bayantel is fast in uploading to FTP web servers.

I get 40 kbps in downloading from Bitorrent using Bayantel compared to 26 kbps or below from other providers.

My only observation is that Bayantel is slow on Sundays.

However they have fast customer service. They arrive at our house in 2 to 3 hours when you complain or ask replacement for modem even on Sundays or 7:00 in the evening.

Try that on PLDT and the fastest response is 3 days and GLOBE? Forget about it, sobra na ata pera nila kaya they don't care.

i have a subscription for the lowest bandwidth available. i find it ok for the speed i paid for. i even manage to work from home because of this connection.

planning to upgrade soon...

Sir,

magkano ang plan nyo?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Been a bayantel user for about 4 months. I guess you can say I'm neutral in my feedback about them in that I'm neither overly pleased nor downright frustrated. I am subscribed to the 2.5MBPS residential plan, they deliver the stated speed most of the time, are slow some of the time and I experience random disconnections daily. I have come to accept that ISP's in our country are going give us less than stellar service as long as they can get away with it.

I guess until the ISP industry is regulated by laws which are clear in their requirements then we will just have to bear with the abuses. Until then, let us do our part in improving this industry by being active in our complaints, not just in this forum but to anyone who would ask advice about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using their service for 11 months now, and I must say that they have by far THE WORST DSL internet connection I have ever encountered. Downloads are still slow, The connection stops after 20 minutes ( This is a real bummer when you are downloading long videos since you have to do it all over again), They try to "restart" the system which fixes it for a few hours then the same problem resurfaces again. I am totally fed-up with them.

They told me it depends on the area of connection. I live in QC (UP Village to be exact, which is 10 minutes from their main office). I am GLAD I am approaching my 12 month already, meaning I can have their service terminated without paying the termination fee and probably move to Destiny or Sky.

Strange, I moved to Bayantel DSL from Destiny Cable. Imo, the choice of internet provider should hinge on the purpose for connecting to the internet.

If you wanted browsing and multiple downloads then Destiny Cable is probably right for you. If you wanted online gaming and voip I would say Bayantel would be a good choice as normally their latency is a lot lower.