460 replies to this topic

#21 maroon5

maroon5

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

yun meat ,seafood nla nsa 55 lng yun veggie lam ko 35 lng...basta 9pm onwards...sobrang sulit tlga...basta dmi choices

50% off on EVERYTHING? or just on the fresh seafood/veggies or something? can anyone confirm? :upside:

#22 rozzDrovz

rozzDrovz

RONIN......destined to wander aimlessly forever.....

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:just about anything............nothing in particular...........let it come and let it go..........

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

golden fortune in SOLER, Manila.....same din ang promo nila after 9pm may discount ang mga foods nila, for shabu-shabu that is

#23 Boi Raymond

Boi Raymond

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

hi, new here. natry ko na ang karamihan sa mga sinabi ninyo and for me, pinaka ok parin sa gloria maris,sa may greenhills, near unimart. price is a bit expensive, pero it's worth the shabushabu experience..

#24 ATONG ANG

ATONG ANG

THE IRON CHEF

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts
  • Interests:sex, sex, sex.... and sex

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

recommended are newly-opened david's at t mapua, gloriamaris at greenhills, goodview salas and lau chan mabini

#25 blkonblk

blkonblk

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:golf, ski, tennis, chess and driving aimlessly on a winding country road.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:42 AM

i'm not a local, i don't eat shabu-shabu a lot, and i've only been to the shabu-shabu restaurant on the the 2nd floor of the Podium, but i was pleased with the freshness of the food, service and friendliness of the staff, and the overall total experience of dining there. i was there around lunch time and there were more office workers than shoppers.

#26 Chinese Chicken

Chinese Chicken

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

recommended are newly-opened david's at t mapua, gloriamaris at greenhills, goodview salas and lau chan mabini

where exactly is this goodview in salas? no idea where salas is hehe :P how does it compare to the others? is it cheaper than lau chan or davids? thanks!

#27 triple_jack

triple_jack

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

gloria maris greenhills!!!!!!!!

#28 mr.bukol

mr.bukol

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:frogsoup

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

i tried pingyang in malate and its not bad. mini shabu shabu is pretty popular... but i find it a bit too commercialized. anybody know where i can find a good, authentic shabu shabu place? i dont mind if its expensive but i want it to be reaally good.

gloria maris comes to mind. any other place you guys can recommend?

thanks! :mtc:

whoops. sorry bout the double post. :)

ok toh, sobra sarap dito, para skin

#29 crazy8

crazy8

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:00 AM

LauChan in Malate is run by one of the partners of the old Yee Lu Fah. Now YLF is one place I really miss.

#30 mr.bukol

mr.bukol

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:frogsoup

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:59 AM

tong yang sa jupiter ok din, pero may charge sate nila , gusto nila yung mix nila yung gamitin mo, egg sate garlic soysauce vinegar , para sakin kasi soy sate garlic and chilli, pero mas ok yung sauce nila sa pingyang, yung sauce naman kasi nagdadala ng shabu shabu

#31 pedrupenduku

pedrupenduku

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

haven't tried shabu-shabu yet, ... is it similar to the japanese foods that are raw? or are they japanese food? there is a shabu shabu resto in sm sucat, haven't tried it since from the outside it looks like that they serve raw foods...

haven't tried eating raw foods like japanese yet...

#32 Chinese Chicken

Chinese Chicken

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

haven't tried shabu-shabu yet, ... is it similar to the japanese foods that are raw? or are they japanese food? there is a shabu shabu resto in sm sucat, haven't tried it since from the outside it looks like that they serve raw foods...

haven't tried eating raw foods like japanese yet...

they serve raw food but you have a big pot of boiling soup in the middle of the table where you can cook em. bigger tables usually have more pots. mini shabu shabu provides 1 small pot per person... sometimes 1 for every 2 people. bottomline, you dont eat the food raw as they are usually frozen when served.. so you have to cook em first. :)

oh check page one of this thread to see the difference between hotpot and shabu shabu. :cool:

#33 gyobags

gyobags

certified beach bum!

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Interests:world peace!

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Sa pasig.... pero na-raid na yun recently.....tsk tsk sa :D yang

#34 ATONG ANG

ATONG ANG

THE IRON CHEF

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts
  • Interests:sex, sex, sex.... and sex

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:33 AM

There are many other variations of this type of cooking, and different countries call it different names. In Taiwan, they also have something similar, but it's only called hotpot (not shabu-shabu). There are more kinds of vegetables added, and a whole lot of meats from fish to chicken to beef to dumplings. They usually offer two kinds of broth - a clear one and a sate one. Each restaurant has it's special dipping sauce, but it's usually based on a Taiwanese barbecue sauce (which is available in some groceries - red bull brand is a silver can with a red lid), with different spices added - chili, garlic, etc, etc. depending on the resturant or if in a house, on the cook.

The restaurants that offer "shabu-shabu" in the RP is really offering the Taiwanese version.

Hope this helps.

in taiwan, the most popular is the ma-la hotpot which is very hot and spicy that it causes numbness to your mouth and taste glands. if i may, the sate sauce you mentioned is called bull head brand, one of oldest and most popular brand in taiwan and maybe southeast asia. it has 3 varieties, regular, ma-la, and vegetarian.

the shabushabu made famous by tongyang is actually a combination of mongolian bbq and hotpot. remember the influences of genghis khan conquering china and japan, mongolia being a very cold country where food is one of the primary sources of staying warm

#35 lord_gate

lord_gate

Spikehead

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

The term shabu-shabu refers to the “swish” sound of the tasty soup when it reaches to its highest boiling point while the ingredients are being cooked.

it is one of the famous dishes in china and in japan. It comes with different sauces, every restaurant has its own unique concept of Shabu Shabu. Most common are those restaurant using one large pot for all the guest. there are some as well who uses individual pot rather than share.

Among all Restaurant... personally. I love mini shabu shabu restaurant, not just because of its fast, healthy food but also the experience itself. I love the cooking experience, it gives more flavour, and appetite to the food.

YOu! have you ever experience cooking your own food in a Restaurant? try it! surely you'll get addicted to it.

#36 dedbol

dedbol

ded man still walkin

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

gloria maris has good shabu shabu...i've tried a lot of different restaurants here but none of them can compare to the one i tried sa shanghai dati.. hindi siya sa city. yung meat nila goat lang tapos puro veggies na. sarap ng soup!!! healthy pa kasi puro kung anu anong herbs.

#37 kLique

kLique

God of Lust

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:58 PM

The thing with shabu-shabu isn't really so much abt the broth... actually water wld do... but what makes it such a pleasure is the ingredients that you add unto it that after everything has been poured into it... the soup makes such a great finale!

kumbaga... kinda like the buddha soup yun nga lang dito hindi niluto ng kasing tagal...

#38 dynamicstan

dynamicstan

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Music, Nightlife,

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

For Shabu-shabu , you can try:

1. David's in Tomas Mapua St. near corner Ongpin Street & near Asia Ktv

2. Ping Yang in Nakpil corner Adriatico

:rolleyes:

#39 blackthunder

blackthunder

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Basketball, music, eating, badminton

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:34 AM

gloria is good, with there shabu-shabu. tong yang, value for your money!

#40 spicy999

spicy999

sniper999

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

:D :D :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users