The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

got a dvd copy for only 80 pesos...sa coastal mall...ganda ng copy...pati sounds nakuha...

Ako I watched it from Kazaa (yehey piracy!) Nun first week pa lang ng labas niya may nag upload na doon, eh. Too bad konti lang ang mahilig sa HK films sa kazaa... wala tuloy ako ma download na iba. Latest film na napanood ko dun "The Fruit Is Ripe 3". Cute sya mababaw ang story pero parang Anime. Yun Double Vision may nakapanood na ba?

watched xmen2 last night. sobrang galing!!! don't read artcfa's spoiler kung manonood pa lang kayo  ;) may xmen3 pa kaya???

xerex...mamaya siguro panonoorin ko na... :P

siguradong meron!! they gave a hint of the storyline na kasi e. plus sayang naman yung mga charachters...they were all so cool!!!

if you're a comicbook fan of x-men, X2 is a definite must-see... i liked it better than the first one... the story is more interesting... sana sa X3 si Gambit and Archangel kasama na!...

looking forward to Matrix reloaded... trailer pa lang ang lupeeeet na...

So Close is a must watch too but story kinda sucks... :P

mas maganda nga siya sa first. and yup, i'm a fan of the comic book.

gambit was in the movie...cameo lang, pero di ko alam kung sino siy dun.

gambit wasn't really in the movie, but his name appeared on the names of mutants when they were researching 'bout jason stryker. lots of mutants we marveloids know did cameos all throughout the movie.

the comic conversion to the movie was great. the only frustrating part was when lady deathstrike died. kind of impossible, but mebbe it was a trick the producers did to cut the movie short.

cyclops ws useless as usual, but wolverine kicked ass!

i would have to say xmen2 rocks!!!! :evil: galing ng effects! no flaws for me..hehe :D am pretty excited for jean grey hehe kahit dedo na sha..i believe sa 3rd installment phoenix na sha :rolleyes:

x-men fan ka rin?

anyway, i'm pretty sure the next movie will be about phoenix!!!!

sino si gambit dun??? bakit ako di ko napansin?????

actually ako rin di ko napansin. pero when the credits rolled...his name showed up!

well, i just saw the movie once pa lang...so if anyone has seen it more than once...maybe you could confirm

kung limabas nga yung name ni gambit sa credits. :D

Matrix Reloaded is definitely something to look forward too...the short trailer is now shown in MTV... actual trailers start on May 15...according to the website...

Get lock and loaded... again... :wizard: :wizard:

This is just me,

Tim

actually ako rin di ko napansin. pero when the credits rolled...his name showed up!

well, i just saw the movie once pa lang...so if anyone has seen it more than once...maybe you could confirm

kung limabas nga yung name ni gambit sa credits. :D

havent seen x2 yet... but found this interesting EW article posted at pinoydvd

Something old, something new, something bladed, something blue: Look for all of these and more in ''X2,'' the latest installment of director Bryan Singer's comic-book saga of social oppression, minority pride, and battle-applicable birth defects (opening May 2). And things have gotten considerably darker: ''It's kind of a trial by fire for Mutant High,'' says Singer. ''Literally, in certain scenes.'' Below, what every good citizen -- mutant or norm -- should know about the impending fray. Consider this your spoiler alert and warning: Even as you read these words, Fox executives are looking at an initial print of the film -- thus, everything you read could undergo serious mutations before the premiere.

1. SUPERHERO BRIEFS The X-Mansion (an inviolate haven in ''X1'') is besieged by a military force under the command of mutant-exploiting Gen. William Stryker (Brian Cox), the guy who customized Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) with that nifty adamantium endoskeleton. The melee conveniently allows Professor Xavier's (Patrick Stewart) mutant students to let off a little steam: Glass-shattering Banshee, Kitty ''Shadowcat'' Pryde (who walks through walls and, if necessary, people), and Colossus (whose metal musculature becomes visible when he manifests his power) all get to strut their stuff. But Wolverine racks up the highest body count when he gives the invaders claws for alarm.

2. WHO'S MISSING IN ACTION The gang's not all here, of course. (The ''X'' universe is immense, and this isn't a 12-hour miniseries.) Beloved, blue-furred Beast appeared in early scripts, but ultimately proved one blue mutant too many. With protean Mystique (Rebecca Romijn-Stamos) and teleporting Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming) already needing four to five hours of makeup application and expensive computer assistance, the filmmakers decided a third visually complex character was just too extravagant. Similar concerns doomed Angel, a character with a 15-to-20-foot wingspan. But sharp-eyed fans may get a glimpse of plasma-zapping Jubilee and the card-carrying incendiary, Gambit.

3. RE: THE ENDANGERED ROOM Another casualty of war (and budget): the Danger Room. When ''X1'' debuted, fans waited in vain for a glimpse of the comic's mutant training facility -- and the wait continues. Much of the set was completed when the team decided the effects would be too expensive. Understandable: As conceived by Singer & Co., the DR was to be an enormous cylinder -- control room on one side, scoreboard on the other -- bristling with all manner of weaponry and constantly rotating to throw off telepaths.

4. NO ONE IS SAFE -- NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT In his first movie, Singer dared to make the Holocaust a central motivator for one of his villains. In the sequel, he depicts a sympathetic character -- disgruntled circus performer Nightcrawler -- mounting a terrifying assault on the Oval Office (which was reconstructed based on photos from the official website -- the Bush administration refused to help out).

5. HALLE'S HAIRY PROBLEM Weather witches tend to be a little temperamental about their hairdos. ''Halle [berry] was pretty vocal in her thoughts about Storm,'' says producer Lauren Shuler Donner. ''We had discussed it being short. But Halle rightly said, 'You've got to have some hair flying around.' The problem is, it's a white wig. We've tried to make it as soft and real as possible -- without making her look like a senior citizen.''

6. BETTER X-CESSORIES ''I always hated Cyclops' goggles,'' admits production designer Guy Dyas. ''They looked like Princess Leia, with those huge things on the side.'' Dyas, who previously designed Discmans for Sony, redesigned the visor with an eye to fashion. ''He could almost go out into the world with these and get away with it.'' Dyas also sexed up the X-Jet, making it longer and sleeker. ''The X-Jet on the first film was basically a window and four seats. It was a two-second beat. On this film, we've got eight pages in the X-Jet. So we had to build something a lot more intense.''

7. GROWING UP MUTANT IS TOUGH If you think it's fun telling your parents you don't want to go to medical school, try coming out as a Homo superior. ''We've got a fun scene where Bobby Drake, Iceman, goes home to see his parents, and they find out he's a mutant,'' says Singer. Things also heat up for disaffected youngster Pyro (Aaron Stanford), who conducts fire like a maestro -- an angry, cop-maiming maestro.

7.5 PATRICK STEWART...remains bald.

actually yun image sa lake is supposed to be the phoenix ata. not sure ah...but there was definitely something there...

Sinu sinong mutants ba napansin niyo doon sa movie? Ako ang kilalako lang si wolverine, storm, rogue, jean grey, cyclops, prof. x, iceman, pyro, artie, colossus, siryn, kitty pryde, nightcrawler... magneto, mystique, mastermind, beast and gambit's name... sino pa ba?

saw X2 recently, yup the film was good but it did leave me with some hangups (minor spoiler alert):

- IMHO, the director took too many liberties in character development, wasn't Lady Deathstrike and Wolverine supposed to be lovers in some time past? Wasn't it Yoriko Darkwind's father who came up with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton? etc.

- When Jean Grey was saving them all from the raging water, can't Iceman do anything, I mean, it is water after all

- As usual Cyclops is useless, Wolverine gets the hot kiss, could have been better if Cyclops had a bigger role

Just some thoughts B)

Edited by dogshark
saw X2 recently, yup the film was good but it did leave me with some hangups (minor spoiler alert):

- IMHO, the director took too many liberties in character development, wasn't Lady Deathstrike and Wolverine supposed to be lovers in some time past? Wasn't it Yoriko Darkwind's father who came up with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton? etc.

- When Jean Grey was saving them all from the raging water, can't Iceman do anything, I mean, it is water after all

- As usual Cyclops is useless, Wolverine gets the hot kiss, could have been better if Cyclops had a bigger role

Just some thoughts B)

-ganun talaga when converting a story into a screenplay...hindi na accurate yung story.

-stryker is actually a charachter from "god loves, man kills" graphic novel. former soldier turned preacher siya.

-true, iceman should've done something nga... <_< kaso, if he did...baka walang xmen 3 :D

Just some thoughts B)

saw it just this afternoon, and though there are some minor inconsistencies with the comicbook material, i found the movie to be well-made and quite enjoyable. colosus transforming from human to living metal was a sight to behold, i also loved the way they conceived and implemented nightcrawler's "bamfing", very cool!

:)

ask ko lang... la bang movie ngaun na horror/suspense/thriller? :rolleyes:

here's a list of upcomming horror movies sa U.S. ...ewan ko lang kung kelan

ipapalabas dito sa pinas... :P

1)The Exorcist: Beginning

2)Freddy (of 'nightmare on elm st.') vs. Jason

3)Underworld/the Covenant..di pa sure yung title...its horror/romance :blink:

4)the Order (heath ledger)

5)the Gathering...(teka napalabas na ata yun)

6)Jeepers Creepers 2

7)Willard

:D

may nabibili na complete set nung "the ring" di ko lang sure kung DVD o VCD

• 4 weeks later...