Top 10 Pba Imports

Richmond

The most explosive import combination so far is the teamup of Tommy Davies and Joe ward of Ginebra, they are averaging almost a hundred points per game between themselves. Sad to say they did'nt reach the finals that conference being eliminated by Great Taste where that infamous brawl happened between Atoy Co and the 2 Ginebra imports.

Who remembers Kevin Gamble? This import played for Ginebra but was cut after a month or weeks of playing.. He was good but never created much impact on the floor.. Ironically, he was taken in by the Celtics in the NBA and became very proficient there.. Matagal-tagal din itong nag-laro for the Celtics after his stint with Ginebra..

The most explosive import combination so far is the teamup of Tommy Davies and Joe ward of Ginebra, they are averaging almost a hundred points per game between themselves. Sad to say they did'nt reach the finals that conference being eliminated by Great Taste where that infamous brawl happened between Atoy Co and the 2 Ginebra imports.

This combo is even a tad more famous for the person that they replaced in the line-up: KEVIN GAMBLE. Gamble was in between NBA jobs when he was cut by Ginebra and then showed up at the Boston Celtics free agent camp and made the regular season team. He was a consistent Celtics contributor and eventually averaged in double figure for a good number of years. He played for 6 years with the Celtics appearing in 336 regular season and 29 play-off games.

This combo is even a tad more famous for the person that they replaced in the line-up: KEVIN GAMBLE.  Gamble was in between NBA jobs when he was cut by Ginebra and then showed up at the Boston Celtics free agent camp and made the regular season team.  He was a consistent Celtics contributor and eventually averaged in double figure for a good number of years.  He played for 6 years with the Celtics appearing in 336 regular season and 29 play-off games.

Kevin Gamble also leads the NBA in field goal percentage the year he played for the Boston Celtics

Rob was paired withformer college mate Thompson to finish second behind the Gin Makers.  Thompson's other claim to fame is that he is the brother of former NBA regular and LA Laker back-up center, Mychal Thompson. 

Boss, if i remember correctly it was manila beer with Michael Young and Harold Keeling (along with local players Guidaben, Villamin, Mon Cruz, etc.) that finished second to Ginebra in the third conference of the 1986 season....remember that game winning dunk by Billy Ray Bates guys? Tanduay won the two other conference of that season beating Great Taste in the first conference, 'di ko lang sure kung sino nakalaban ng Tanduay in the second conference pero parang Ginebra yata or playoffs lang yun? But i remember na grabe ang shooting ni freddie hubalde noon na i hated him pero sa kanya ko natutuhan yung bankshot...sorry kung OT

Sino ung import ng presto dati na tinaguriang "the human eraser"?

Winston Crite who also played for alaska...

Who remembers Kevin Gamble?  This import played for Ginebra but was cut after a month or weeks of playing.. He was good but never created much impact on the floor.. Ironically, he was taken in by the Celtics in the NBA and became very proficient there.. Matagal-tagal din itong nag-laro for the Celtics after his stint with Ginebra..

I remember him, Kevin Gamble was probably cut by the Gin Kings for being ineffective, he is about 6'6 of 6'5 pero he loves shooting from the outside saka parang takot pumasok sa loob ito at makipagbanggaan, played for the Celtics and wears jersey no. 34, it must have been a blessing in disguise for him kasi he was able to play for the Celtics after being replaced by Ginebra..

Edited by Agent_mulder

i think the Bates-Hacket tandem is more explosive. and they won a championship too. :cool:

Guys, please correct me here.

I believe one of the greatest NBA players who played in the PBA was Calvin Murphy, for Toyota. He had already practically retired from the NBA at the time, and he couldn't fit into the Toyota system because he was just one guard too many. He had a forgettable stint, since there was already a great "Batman and Robin" tandem at Toyota at the time.

Guys, please correct me here.

I believe one of the greatest NBA players who played in the PBA was Calvin Murphy, for Toyota.  He had already practically retired from the NBA at the time, and he couldn't fit into the Toyota system because he was just one guard too many.  He had a forgettable stint, since there was already a great "Batman and Robin" tandem at Toyota at the time.

i don't remember if murphy played in the PBA.

one of the top NBA players who played in the PBA was Kevin Porter. he led the NBA in assists for 4 seasons. and he once held the record for most assist in a game (29. which was later broken by scott Skiles' 30)

i don't remember if murphy played in the PBA.

one of the top NBA players who played in the PBA was Kevin Porter. he led the NBA in assists for 4 seasons. and he once held the record for most assist in a game (29. which was later broken by scott Skiles' 30)

Did Porter play for Toyota? Then he might be the one I was referring to.

Edited by jt2003
Did Porter play for Toyota?  Then he might be the one I was referring to.

yup...kevin porter played for toyota, but they were eliminated agad. I believe he came back and played for another team..purefoods yata?

anyway for my all time list...

1. Andrew Fields - 1st Best import awardeee

2. Norman Black

3. sean chambers

4. Michael Hackett

5. Larry McNeil

6. Glen McDonald- import of UTEX of the classic " fateful 16 seconds"

7. Billy Ray Bates

8. Larry Pounds

9. Dexter Shouse

10. Bobby Parks

dami magagaling na import sa PBA. the likes of Dennis Hopson, Rodney Rhodes. magagaling sa NBA mga yun pero mahina sa PBA dahil di sanay mag-dominate ng game. Here are my list of top imports:

1. Michael Hackett

2. Tony Harris

3. Bobby Parks

4. Sean Chambers

5. Derrick Brown

6. Dexter Shouse

7. Lamont Strothers

8. Billy Ray Bates (wud have to be the best among the rest )

9. Ron Thompkins

10. Norman Black

yung iba di ko na naabutan e hehe, pero Chris King?? magaling ba yun?? di me nagagalingan sa kanya e.

honorable mention

Tony Lang

Andrew Long

Julius Nwosu

:thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
yup...kevin porter played for toyota, but they were eliminated agad. I believe he came back and played for another team..purefoods yata?

anyway for my all time list...

1. Andrew Fields - 1st Best import awardeee

2. Norman Black

3. sean chambers

4. Michael Hackett

5. Larry McNeil

6. Glen McDonald- import of UTEX of the classic " fateful 16 seconds"

7. Billy Ray Bates

8. Larry Pounds

9. Dexter Shouse

10. Bobby Parks

bigla ko lang naalala iyong "fateful 16 seconds" na iyon. :) si andrew fields yata ang import ng toyota at the time. di ko malimutan si fields dahil pag tinranslate mo sa tagalog ang pangalan niya eh, andres bukid. :D

anyway, para sa akin, si bobby parks pa rin ang all-time best import, followed by black, bates, and chambers. definitely, bates has to be the flashiest of all time, i think he was with crispa then, kaya nakakalungkot nung mga huli niyang seasons dahil di na siya ganun kagaling.

1. Bobby Parks- 7 time best import

2. Ken Redfield- Mr. Triple Double

3. Tony Harris- The Hurricane

4. Norman Black- Mr. 100%

5. Billy Ray Bates- The Black Superman

6. Andrew Fields- andres Bukid hehehe

7. Michael Hackett- 1st import to score 100 pts.

8. Michael Phelps- hindi un swimmer hehehe

9. Dexter Shouse- the disappearing import

10. Sean Chambers- alaska's most loyal

• 2 weeks later...