Guitar Talk

Nice thread,

I'm a guitar player myself, back in highschool we use to cover metallice mostly, then came slayer, pantera, sepultura and the like, my influrences include yngwie, vai, satch and eric johnson G3 guys if you notice...been active in the marikina music scene din for some time back in high school playing with bands like death after birth and genital grinder...then came college and work but nothing can keep me from my first love music!

My current rig is a yamaha RGX 620J, can't find it here anymore, digitech rp300A used to own a zoom but never really liked it, sorry zoom fanatics, they sound so digital, and the delay when switching between patches is horrible. I' happy with my digitech would have bought a GNX series tho. and a Laney hardcore amp, those who have'nt tried a laney try it it kicks ass well for metalheads anyways they have it in audiofile try it. Definitely better than a Marshall.

My dream gitar same aas the ones here a Washburn even a Dean Dimebag series. RIP Dime!

..used to own a zoom but never really liked it, sorry zoom fanatics..

is there even such thing as a zoom fanatic? :lol: zooms are okay, they're great for beginners on a budget. but alot of zoom users, including myself, eventually move on to something else..like a digitech or a toneworks after gaining some more experience and a more defined taste for the sound that they're after.

im into the dimebag darrel signature series guitars too.. they're two that i really like..

Dean FBD Tribute Guitar

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/511935.jpg

Dime3 Dimeslime

http://images.misupply.com/products/full/Washburn/dime3ds_Washburn.jpg

the third one i like, the washburn 3st diamond plate, has the same ML shape, only it has beveled edges giving it a stealthy look. the finish is chrome diamond plate. they're so rare now i cant even find a picture of it on the net!

Edited by milhouse83

i remember early in our college days, the dime slime at pefect pitch was only at 11K, but it was not the exact copy in terms of the accessories, like he pick-ups and floyd, but anyways if i had one i'll change the pick-up to di marzio, evolution or tonezone anyways. pero sayang di naman natin alam na mamatay si dime e, milhouse we seem to have the same interests in music... :cool:

Whoa!I'm glad there's a thread like this!Mostly kasi yung mga tabs sa internet mali yung transcriptions.I want to get yung transcription ng NAME ng GOOGOO DOLLS pati yung right tunning nila.I know mahirap yung tunning nun.Paki include na din kung pano i tune yun from standard tunning to GOO GOO DOLLS tunning.I really love that song..I want to play it :)

tol click here then look

for the goo song na hanap mo...

may instructions kung ano tuning ginamit nila...

hope it helps :D

sa mga nghahanap ng tabs eto try nyo :thumbsupsmiley:

www.ultimate-guitar.com

have fun!!!

finally found a picture of a diamond plated dime3 stealth guitar! :cool:

http://www.sisme.com/images_prod/Dime3STD_g.jpg

i know there are two kinds of this model. the one you see here is chrome, the other is also diamond plated but with a duller finish and has black bindings. musiciansfriend.com used to sell these for some time but i dont see these in their catalog anymore. price is $2,300++ ! mas mahal pa kesa les paul!

Hirap ako sa tabs but I can learn chords easily and improv along the way.Is there anyway to simplify tabs?

Exactly what in tabs make it difficult for you? mmaybe we can help you out, coz honestly it is as easy as it gets rather than reading notes. The only hard part really for tabletures for me are the time signatures, pero mayroon ng powertabs na sinasabayan yung tab. Try it.

Pero nothing beats ear training bro!

i've been playing guitar for about 6years now on and off since i am not yet done with my studies. For the past years, all i've been doing is read the tabs of songs that i like, now i want to learn how to do solos. I've read several tutorials from the net about soloing but unfortunately they gave me headaches since it deals heavily with theories and there are so much to learn that i don't know where to start. any suggestions about learning how to do solos? btw, am into rock types of music.

I hope ok lang ito. I've been playing bass guitar for 13 years, though intermittently.

My present rig consists of a Washburn T-25 Taurus and a Boss ME-50B.

I'm saving to buy a Yamaha RBXJM2.

samahan ko n c enki -ako din bass player din ako ok lng b kme d2? been playing the bass for a couple of years pero d p rin ako magaling

i've been playing guitar for about 6years now on and off since i am not yet done with my studies. For the past years, all i've been doing is read the tabs of songs that i like, now i want to learn how to do solos. I've read several tutorials from the net about soloing but unfortunately they gave me headaches since it deals heavily with theories and there are so much to learn that i don't know where to start. any suggestions about learning how to do solos? btw, am into rock types of music.

you need to learn some sort of theory, there's no other way around it. scales are a good place to start. try to look for this book calledThe Guitar Grimoire: Scales and Modes. This book contains more scales than you'd ever want to learn! I suggest learning the pentatonic (blues) scale first as its the easiet to learn and most fun to play. Then move up to the major scale..then maybe the harmonic minor. or if you wanna show off.. there are alot of exotic scales as well, like the hindu scale.

i really highly recommend this book! :cool: i didnt know a thing about scales then, but just after 5mins of opening this book.. i was already doing blues improv licks! this book is THAT effective!

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/1570000/1576361.gif

try some instructional vidoes bro, i recommend rock discipline by john petruchi, tama ba spelling the guitarist of dream teather, anyways it starts very basic moving to advanced. even includes stretching exercises. Paul gilbert's instuctionals are good too, simple to follow. For beginers don't get yngwie's instructionals they are for the really advanced guys. Slow mo na nga ang bilis parin kakainis. :angry: his technique and scale use is very good tho!

we should have a tab exchange/swap here. especially for OPM songs, since they're the ones thats not readily available on the net. im looking for razorback and wolfgang tabs, it doesnt have to be complete.. kahit yung main riffs lang!

used to cover lot of these back in college, kakatamad lang itab. we coverd left alone by wolfgang even before the album was launched. I know the following will try to tab it

Razorback:

payaso, my bano song, diwata, munting paraiso, ikot ng mundo, paghihintay, tikman ang ulan, pepe the hepe and ofcourse tabi ng bulkan and giyang.

Wolfgang almost all, lets just say i have a RELIABLE source. :cool:

I hope ok lang ito. I've been playing bass guitar for 13 years, though intermittently.

My present rig consists of a Washburn T-25 Taurus and a Boss ME-50B.

I'm saving to buy a Yamaha RBXJM2.

samahan ko n c enki -ako din bass player din ako ok lng b kme d2? been playing the bass for a couple of years pero d p rin ako magaling

Welcome brod! nice rig bro! :cool: i can give you a clip of a flea instructional if you want bro! really cool